"There's 3 of Them"

How Could I Be So Blind?

As Baekhyun, Taeyeon and the others cabin vacation ended, the holiday season was starting. The holidays came and passed. Before they knew it, it was back to school. The curriculum became harder but the six of them worked hard. Today was like any other day. The school day went well and everyone was ready to go home. Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun were walking in the halls to Taeyeon's locker.

"Are you girls going to do anything later today?" Seohyun asked.

"No, I just wanna go home and take a nap." Tiffany replied.

"Me too, it's been a tiring week." Taeyeon said as she was rubbing her neck.

"So you're going home right away Taengoo?" Tiffany asked.

They had reached Taeyeon's locker and she was doing the lock. "Yep."

"Is Baekhyun going to be walking with you?" Tiffany asked again.

"Uhm, no, not today." She said, putting her books away.

"Huh? Why not?" Seohyun asked, concerned.

"He texted me earlier saying that he had a meeting after school for the club he's in." She pulled out her phone and showed Tiffany and Seohyun the text Baekhyun had sent.

It read: "Hey Taengoo~ I can't walk home with you today, I have a club meeting :( I'm sorry.. Make sure you get home safe okay?~

"Aw.. That's too bad." Tiffany said.

"Anyways, walk home safe Taeng~" Seohyun smiled.

Taeyeon shut her locker and turned to face them. "I will~" she smiled back.

They waved goodbye to each other as they left the school and turned to different directions. Taeyeon looked at up to the sky and admired the sunset. The yellow to orange sky and bright sun made her feel happy. She checked the time on her phone; '4:16 PM'. "It's still early.. Maybe I'll go eat somewhere." She smiled to herself and made her way to the convenience store nearby. When she arrived at the nearest convenience she went straight to ramen section. "Begopayo, begopayo~ Some ramyeon for my belly~" she sang very cutesily to herself as she picked out the ramen of her choice. When she found it she paid for it and added the hot water. She found a spot to sit and enjoyed her meal while watching people walk by. The sky was already dark when she left the store.

"Ahh.. What a good meal~" She sighed blissfully and made her way home. "Baek should be done with his meeting by now." She said to herself. Taeyeon decided to call him. She picked his contact and waited for him to answer.

*BEEP.. BEEP* "Yoboseyo? Taengoo?" Baekhyun said on the other line.

"Is your meeting over?" She talked back.

"Yep, it went well. Are you home now?"

"No, I'm still walking. I went to the convenience store to eat."

"Ah really? It's not safe to walk there by yourself at night. I'll walk with you. Stay there I'm coming over there." He said. Taeyeon could hear Baekhyun's footsteps. He was running to meet her.

"No no, you don't have to. It's so far for you, plus I'm fine by myself here." she said oblivious to the mysterious figure walking behind her.

"Still.. Anyways stay there I'm almost there." He said in between pants.

Taeyeon stopped where she was to wait for Baekhyun. "Nehh.." she removed her phone from her ear.

Just before she could end the call, the mysterious figure caught up to her. She screamed as he grabbed her pulled her into an alley. Taeyeon's screamed emitted through her call with Baekhyun. He stopped when he heard her scream and called her name multiple times. No reply. She had dropped her phone when she was pulled into the alley. Baekhyun panicked and ran as fast as he could. 'She's in trouble!'

The person covered Taeyeon's mouth before she could scream again. He let go and pushed her against the wall. She agonized in pain. "Give me your wallet and I won't hurt you more." he whispered, hostilely. Taeyeon was too scared to move or say anything. The robber became frustrated. He lifted Taeyeon up and shook her roughly to get want he wanted. "I said, give me your wallet!!" Taeyeon winced from the pain, but still did not give in. Before the robber took matters into his own hands to get the wallet himself, he got a hard kick in the back and landed on the ground. Baekhyun had appeared at the right moment.

"Baekhyun?!" Taeyeon exclaimed. He quickly went to Taeyeon's aid.

"Noona are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He was so worried about her that he didn't even give her time to answer. She couldn't answer anyway, she was in too much shock.

The robber groaned and managed to stand up again. "YAH!! Who are you to kick my back?" He yelled. Baekhyun moved Taeyeon to stand behind him.

"Who do you think you are, punk?" Baekhyun yelled back. "What kind of man harasses a girl and demands her belongings?!"

"Why you.." The robber went to punch him but Baekhyun dodged and punched him instead. Taeyeon gasped. She just wished that Baekhyun wouldn't get hurt.

"Aishh.. There's no solution for losers like you that bother women." Baekhyun said, wrathfully. The robber stayed on the ground too afraid to fight back. "Are you scared? Get lost punk."

The robber got up and ran away. Baekhyun glared at him as he watched him leave. Then his attention went back to Taeyeon.

"Noona did he hurt you?" He put his hands on her arms to support her. Taeyeon stared at Baekhyun and grabbed his arms as well. Her eyes were watering. Baekhyun felt Taeyeon's whole body shaking. 'She must've been so afraid.'

"Are you hurt?" he asked again.

This time Taeyeon finally answered. "Y-yeah, a little.." she nodded softly. Baekhyun looked at her and became even more worried.

Taeyeon looked up back at him. "It was so scary.." her voice trailed off as a tear escaped her eye. Baekhyun pulled Taeyeon towards him and wrapped his arms around her.

"Stop crying now.. It's over." Taeyeon moved her arms and hugged him back. Baekhyun let a bit of space get between them as he wiped the tear from her face. "Let's go home." he smiled at Taeyeon. She looked at him and nodded. She finally felt safe.

Baekhyun picked up her phone and backpack and they walked out of the alley.

"I told you it wasn't safe to walk there alone." Baekhyun nagged. Taeyeon chuckled and elbowed him.

"Haha~ I guess you were right about that." she laughed again.

Soon they reached Taeyeon's house. They were standing outside her door.

"Thank you Baek-ah. I really don't know what would've happened if you didn't show up." she genuinely smiled at him.

"No problem noona.. Just promise me one thing?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"Never get hurt again. I don't know what I would do if you got hurt again. Especially if you were to get hurt worse than today." he said wistfully and looked down. Taeyeon stared at Baekhyun and wondered what he meant by saying that. "I know it sounds so crazy.. Like how can a person not get hurt.. Haha" He laughed awkwardly. Taeyeon, still staring, saw that Baekhyun was having trouble saying what he wanted to say. Never the less, she still smiled because she knew that he was really worried about her.

"I promise." she replied. Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon and his expression changed to happiness. 

"I'm leaving now Taengkoong~" he exclaimed while he was walking backward away from her house.

"Nehh, get home safe Baekoong~" she waved to him.

"Go inside now.. Good night!!" He yelled to Taeyeon and waved back as well. She laughed at him being really cute before opening the door. She watched as his figure became smaller. 'There's 3 of them.. A silly jokester. A passionate singer. And a fearless prince..'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearing the end everyone..

 

-Taenghyunee