"Should I Tell Her?"

How Could I Be So Blind?

"Wow Baekhyun, the view is beautiful. Thanks for taking me up here." She stared at the stars while sitting on a log at the edge of a cliff.

"No problem Taeyeon noona. This place is really special to me and it's great that I could share it with someone who is even more special." They both turned to face each other and smiled. Then turned their attention back to the night sky.

"Hey Baek?"

"Hm?"

"When we start highschool, then graduate and maybe even start university. Will you promise that we'll always be there for each other?"

"Of course.. We'll always be forever."

"Forever?"

He turned his head to look at her. "For infinity."

She smiled at his remark.

"Hey look, there's a full moon." She pointed to the sky.

"It's beautiful." He said.

 

-8 years later -

"Can you believe it Baekoong?! One more year of highschool and we're free~" Taeyeon yelled, throwing her arms in the air. It was the first day back from their summer vacation and they were excited to go through their last school year.

"I know right, I'm so excited~ Although I'm also a bit sad because when we graduate things will be different." Baekhyun said while they entered their school together.

Baekhyun has had a crush on Taeyeon for as long as he can remember. He wanted to tell her his feelings but was scared of what would happen if she rejected him. He didn't want to risk the friendship he has with her, so he kept his feelings to himself. The both of them kept their promise to always be there for each other so Baekhyun was glad that he could always be with her. Taeyeon, on the other hand, never thought that she and her best friend would be something more. She always saw Baekhyun as a younger brother, someone she can rely on.

Their best friends; Tiffany, Seohyun, Chanyeol and Sehun, know Baekhyun's feelings and promised not to tell Taeyeon but tried to convince him to tell her. Obviously, that didn't work. Even the students at school started "shipping" them because they are always together. Taeyeon took it as a joke but, Baekhyun was happy that people thought they could pass as a couple.  

"Hey, over here!" Baekhyun and Taeyeon noticed Tiffany and everyone else waving to them.

"Hey guys, are you excited for our last year of school? Taeyeon asked.

"Totally! It'll be so cool to finally do what I've wanted to do for so long after we graduate!" Seohyun said.

"Which is?" asked Chanyeol.

"To travel!" The latter replied.

"Cool, please take me with you! I have no idea what I want to do after a graduate." Tiffany pleaded.

"What? You don't know what you want to do with your life? Even after all those guidance classes??" Sehun asked.

"Typical Tiff." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "What about you guys?"

"I was thinking about being a music teacher. Like teaching kids how to play the guitar, piano, drums and other instruments!" Chanyeol's eyes sparkled just talking about it. 

"As expected from a real musician." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. 

*BRIIIIINGGGG*

"Oops time for our first class."

 

 After their morning classes, it was finally lunch. Since the cafeteria was always full with students they ate their lunch on the rooftop of their school. The rooftop is like their own little area in the school that only they know about, so it's special to them.

"Taeng, have you written any new songs?" asked Tiffany while eating her lunch.

"Actually, I wrote a few." 

"When are you actually going to let us listen to them." Chanyeol said

"You will, I promise. My songs just aren't ready yet."

"But that's what you always say Taeyeon-ah" Baekhyun whined. Although Baekhyun is younger than Taeyeon, he is allowed to call her informally. She sometimes reminds Baekhyun to call her noona but in the end, she cannot win and lets him call her informally.

"It's the truth, though." She laughed. "Sorry guys you'll just have to wait." 

Everyone groaned.

Tiffany brought a new topic to talk about but Baekhyun got distracted by his thoughts and unconditionally started staring at Taeyeon. 'She's beautiful. if only we were together. If I was her man, I'd be the happiest person in the world.'  He thought.

Chanyeol looks over to him and notices Baekhyun staring at Taeyeon. "Baek, come here for a second." He asked and motioned Baekhyun to a corner.

"Um.. Okay." Baekhyun was confused to why Chanyeol was calling him, but he went anyway. The others, also confused, just watched as the 2 of them leave the circle.

When they had the privacy, Chanyeol sighed before saying what he wanted. "You still like Taeyeon, right?" He asked bluntly. 

"Yeah.." Baekhyun replied, surprised. "What about it?"

"Well.." Chanyeol started. "Since we are graduating this year, and you've been stuck in friendzone for forever-"

"Hey it hasn't been 'forever' you're over exaggerating." Baekhyun said, interrupting Chanyeol.

"Whatever now shush, let me finish." Baekhyun slouched against the wall and let Chanyeol continue. "Okay, tell me honestly. Would it be the worst thing in the world to tell Taeyeon you like her."

Baekhyun fell silent for a while to think. 

Chanyeol added on to his suggestion. "I mean, come on. You're practically already dating. You know all her likes and dislikes, she knows yours. You've shared all your memories with each other. The only thing that's keeping you away is the intimacy of boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Wouldn't that be weird, though? Telling my best friend that I've liked her since we were young? She'd be weirded out."

"Or she'd be happy that you told her. She might even like you back."

Baekhyun paused before he questioned why they were having this conversation. "Why do you even care?"

"Sigh I see the way you stare at her all the time, and I know you want to be together so badly. I had a feeling you needed help to get moving." Chanyeol showed a genuine smile to his best friend. But that smile quickly turned into a smirk. "Plus I know how bad you are with girls, you desperate man~" he laughed.

"Was that supposed to be sincere?!" Baekhyun exclaimed as Chanyeol was laughing. "Thanks, but what's the point? She seems to like the way things are now."

Chanyeol calmed down from laughing. "How would you know for sure?" he asked.

"Ughh I don't know... I'll think about it okay?"

"Fine" Chanyeol answered in defeat. 

They went back to the group.

"Hey, what were you talking about?" Taeyeon asked.

"Oh.. Um. Nothing just guy stuff." Baekhyun answered.

"You were talking about guy stuff without me. Ahem, I'm a guy too!" Sehun yelled.

"Okay, okay wow. I'll tell you later." Chanyeol said.

*BRIIIINGGGG*

"Time for class"

 

- After School -

"Bye!" Baekhyun and Taeyeon always walked home together since they lived in the same neighborhood. They waved goodbye to the rest.

"Hey giant, you said you were going to tell me something." Sehun called referring Chanyeol as 'giant'.

Chanyeol glared at him but remembered that he actually did have something to tell him. "Oh yeah. This is the perfect opportunity."

"Okay then. Bye, guys, we'll see you later." Seohyun said and she and Tiffany started to walk away. Before they had turned their backs, Chanyeol stopped them.

"Actually, this involves you too." He said. The girls looked at him.

"Really? But you said it was guy stuff." Tiffany said.

"I'll explain everything to you okay? Let's go to the bubble tea store and I'll tell you there."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

CHAPTER 1 DONE WOOP!!

Was this chapter a good way to start this fic? I hope so..

I hope i didn't mess up my grammar too much or forget anyway words in a sentence -_-'

ANYWAYS I hope that you enjoyed this chapter :)))

Thanks !!

 

-Taenghyunee