Maya

J-Rock/Visual Kei One Shots

 The club was filled like always. adults grinded on the dance floor, drunken customers sat at the bar, workers bounced to music and tended to the pocket-filled people that wasted their money on drinks and services.

On the far left of the busy dance floor, sat the 2 members of the LM.C. While Aiji sat there eyeing the people with no interest, Maya took the liberty of drinking the night away. They usually just drank in their dorm, but tonight they decided to explore the night life of Hokkaido, after all they had just returned from Taiwain earlier in the day, they felt the need to get out of their stuffy messy dorm.

“Shinji hyungggggg!” Maya sang putting the drink back on the table and pouting at his friend. Aiji just raised an eyebrow in amusement, “Since when have you been calling me by my real name? And when did you suddenly become Korean?” the latter only frowned in reply, “This is no funny matter,” he said wagging his finger at the older. “This is ridiculous.”

“What I find more ridiculous, is you suddenly turning Korean on me.” Aiji replied crossing his arms, as he observed the other, “Are you suddenly like this because of that Korean girl earlier?” Maya only scowled, “She’s Japanese not Korean. She just likes Korean things.” He huffed over the fact that the girl was basically in love with this Taeyang guy. Who the hell was that anyways?

Ignoring Maya’s reply, Aiji tapped his chin, “What was her name? Rina-chan?” Maya pouted, “It’s Hina, Aiji, Hina.” Shaking his head Aiji chuckled at the way Maya looked. For a 32 year old he looked like a love-stricken puppy. And what made it more amusing was that his friend was fawning over a girl he had just met and talked too on the streets, for merely a few minutes.

Maya was off in his little world imagining her pretty face again, when their manager had finally returned from the dance floor. “Enjoying yourself, I see.” Aiji commented observing the sweat that dripped down his manager’s face. With a chuckle he sat himself next to Maya who went back to drinking while he continued to day dream about the mysterious girl.

“What’s with him?” their manager questioned observing Maya’s odd behavior. Aiji smirked before telling the new arrival how he believes Maya had fallen in love at first sight with a girl he barely even knew. “Um I think that’s the point of ‘Love at first sight’ Mizui-san. You look at someone and you have this weird disgusting look on your face, and you’re like ‘I’m in love’.” Their manager mocked while jerking his thumb back at Maya who had basically the exact expression he had just described. “I think it’s shallow, they do it base off of looks and think, ‘Oh I just have this feeling that they’re the one.’” He said while rolling his eyes.

“But she IS the one.” Maya interjected, causing both men to chuckle at his childlike behavior. Shaking his head Aiji stood up, “Well you have a good time, I’m going to take the love-puppy home.” He said pulling Maya up with him. Their manager nodded in reply and waved this off. With a sad sigh, Maya grumpily followed his friend out of the club. “Do you think I’ll ever see her again, Shinji-san?” he asked hopefully.

Aiji glanced back at his friend and let out a sigh, wrapping an arm around Maya’s shoulder he gave him a pat on the back, “Don’t think too much about it Masa-chan.” He said ruffling the younger’s hair. Maya rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Why do you keep calling me that? Seriously I ain’t no little girl and it’s Masahito, say it with me, MA-SA-HI-TO.” He said squishing Aiji’s cheeks in attempt to get him to say it, only resulting the latter slapping his hands away. “I call you that, because I can get away with it, and plus you look like a girl. You can’t deny that fact. And Masahito is too much to say.”

Maya rolled his eyes at the reasons, “Lazy . And plus there a lot of Visual Kei artist that looks like girls. I don’t hear you using –chan with them.” He said bitterly. Aiji just chuckled, “Like I said, I can get away with calling you that.” Maya just pushed Aiji and pretended to kick him causing the other to laugh in reply. “Masa-chan you’re going to have to try harder than that.” He taunted. Maya glared at his friend before bending down and picking up snow, balling it, into a perfect snow ball he flung it at Aiji, hitting him directly on the face.

“Take that pretty boy.” Maya snickered while sticking out his tongue. “Oh it’s on.” Aiji replied picking up and snow and flying it at Maya. Eventually it turned out to a full on snow ball fight in the streets. Aiji had run behind a lamp post for protection, while Maya continuously flew snow at him. Picking up more snow, Maya had tossed another snow ball at Aiji, however is aim was way off, and it flew to Aiji’s right, hitting an innocent pedestrian on the back stopping that person in their tracks.

Both Maya and Aiji froze, shocked that the snowball had hit someone other than the two of them. “Oh .” Maya muttered before jogging over to the person that he had unintentionally pelted with snow. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you, I was aiming for my idiotic friend.” He said leaning down in front of the little girl who didn’t move.

“Idiotic? You’re the idiot with the bad aim; you hit this innocent little girl.”Aiji replied walking up the two, “You okay kid?” he asked bending down to see her face. Fist balled she gritted her teeth trying to keep her snarky reply back. Right when she opened to snap at the two men, another voice joined them.

“Mikki-chan! There you are!” The panicked filled voice said as footsteps came rushing towards them. “Why did you run off like that?” the girl said rushing towards the younger. Mikki just frowned, “That’s the point of a race, Hina.” She replied rolling her eyes, “And besides, you seemed preoccupied with the guy you met earlier.” She huffed.

“Still you shouldn’t have ran off like that.” Hina save giving the younger a hard look, puffing her cheeks Mikki kicked the snow, and nodded towards the two men still standing there. Hina blinked finally noticing the two men and blushed slightly; bowing her head she apologized for whatever trouble her little friend might have caused.

“First off!” Mikki replied in annoyance, “These two morons, hit me with a snowball, second I’m taller than all three of you.” Hina laughed awkwardly at her friend’s reply, “Yeah but you’re younger so show some respect. And another thing don’t call people morons.” She lectured. Mikki just huffed in annoyance, while trying to get the snow out of her hair. Hina turned back to the strangers yet again and apologized for her friend’s behavior.

“No need to apologize Hina-san. It is in fact this idiots fault for having bad aim.” Aiji said with a smile while hitting Maya on the head. Unknown to them, Maya had been imaging Hina in his mind the whole time she arrived. Indeed she was the same girl that Aiji about earlier in the club. And when Aiji had hit him across the head he finally returned to earth, blushing slightly that he was in his own little world imaging their wedding.

Clearing his throat, Maya bowed, “Sumimasen.” He said awkwardly. Mikki sighed and crossed her arms, while Hina glared at her friend. “Hina is it? I believe we met before.” Maya said smiling down at the girl who just cocked her head to the side. “We did?” Maya nodded before explaining, “Remember? You were walking down the street and bumped into me. Then told me you liked ugh some guy named Taeyang.”

Hina’s cheeks turned pink as she recalled what happened earlier in the day. Mikki snorted, “Would be you to tell some random person on the street that you’re a V.I.P.” Eyeing Maya up and down Mikki started to laugh, “Wait! Is this the same guy you said you felt a connection with?” she questioned while snapping her fingers, “What was it? Love at first sight?” she mocked batting her eyelashes.

Aiji cracked up laughing as well, as Hina’s whole face turned red in embarrassment, “Wait! So you’re the Hina that has been driving this dork crazy? Love at first sight right Masa-chan?” he snickered elbowing Maya playfully. Maya’s face started to change color as well, while Aiji and Mikki howled in laughter.

“I told you not to call me that Aiji!” Maya groaned, suddenly embarrassed by his band mate calling him his pet name in front of the girl he was smitten with.

“Hina-sama as much I would love to accompany you home, I think I’ll do you a favor and go by myself.” Mikki giggled while winking at her best friend. “Ja Ne!” and with that, she turned and left while laughing at the interesting little situation her friend was left in.

Aiji grinned at the two who were utterly speechless, “I’ll join her! You know it’s dangerous for a girl to walk the streets alone. Bai Bai!” he waved before running after Mikki joining her at musing over the scene they both had just left.

Maya scratched the back of his head awkwardly, while Hina stared down at the ground while playing with the snow with her feet. Coughing Maya cleared his throat, “Um I guess I should walk you home.” He said with a small smile. Hina bowed her head slightly and walked in the direction her friend as disappeared too.

Trying to make the awkward atmosphere disappear, Maya started asking questions, trying to get a better idea of what Hina’s personality was like. “Sooooooo did you live in Japan all your life?” Hina shook her head and replied quietly, “I lived in Hawaii with Mikki. I just got accepted to a college here, and Mikki came with me. “

“Ahhhh so you’re 18?” He asked and she nodded in return. Tilting his head to the side he asked, “How old is Mikki then?” Hina thought for a while before replying, “She just turned 15. Why do you ask?” Maya chuckled slightly, “Because if Aiji tries anything he’ll be a e.” He said causing the other to crack a smile. “Ahh so you do smile after all. You should smile more, it’s pretty.” He said seriously, and immediately that small smile started to grow on Hina’s face.

“So tell me.” She said in a small voice, “Is what Shinji-kun said true? About the whole love at first sight thing?” she asked shyly. Maya let out a heavy sigh before nodding, “Yeah, I guess it is.” He said smiling softly.

“Is what Mikki-chan said true?” Maya asked nervously. When Hina didn’t answer he started to get scared at the sudden silence, “I mean if it’s not then, I totally get it, I mean we did just meet.” He said rambling on and on about how he would understand why she didn’t like him back. “I mean sure, I just confessed but it don’t worry I won’t pressure you into liking me. Okay Hina?” he said, making sure the younger didn’t feel pressured at all. He didn’t notice that they were standing outside of her new house until he stopped talking. “Oh we’re here.” He said a little disappointed.

Hina nodded staring up at the sky. “What are you looking at Hina?” Maya asked trying to see what she was staring at. “That wasn’t here when we left.” She whispered pointing upward. Looking straight up, Maya finally noticed it, the mistletoe that hung right above their heads. Blush crept onto his face and he suddenly understood why Hina was so quiet.

“You know we don’t have too.” He whispered taking her hand into his and giving it a light squeeze. Hina moved her gaze from the hanging ornament and stared right into his eyes. They couldn’t look away and unconsciously both started to lean it, until finally their lips touched and they were suddenly in their own little world. Hands wrapping around his neck, his wrapping around her waist, they pulled each other closer until their bodies was suddenly pressed up against each other.

Right as they pulled away, it started to snow as if it was sign that they were meant to be together. Hina looked up and laughed in disbelief, while Maya held out a hand to catch a falling snowflake. “Maybe we’re meant to be together after all.” Maya chuckled as he rewrapped his arms around Hina’s waist. Hina just smiled up at him, “Maybe we were.” Going on her toes Hina gave Maya an innocent kiss when they were both hit by something hard and cold.

Breaking the kiss the two looked down to see they were covered in snow. Looking out onto the street stood, Aiji and Mikki both throwing up a snowball and catching it as it fell back down. Smirking, the two stared at the couple in amusement before screaming, “SNOWBALL FIGHT!”