Hikaru

J-Rock/Visual Kei One Shots

 

"Hey! Hikaru-sama! Choto Mate" she screamed as she tried to run after her best friend. The shcool year had just begun and oddly her best friend had been avoiding her. With an annoyed huff, Mizuki gave up and stared at the back of the head of the retreating high schooler.

"Seriously! What's up with him?" She groaned stomping her feet on the ground. Sighing, she scratched her head as she kicked a rock, frustrated by the current situation she was in. Ever since school started Hikaru has been avoiding Mizuki at all costs! On the first day of school, he made sure he sat nearly ten seats away from her, when class is over he's the first to leave before she can even say something, and now he won't even greet or talk to her.

She knew for a fact that she wasn't over thinking things because even her friends questioned their friendship. Hikaru always took care of Mizuki no matter what, but now? He doesn't even glance at her.

With a dejected sigh, Mizuki headed back home, glancing back one last time to catch a glipse of the brunette turning the corner.

"Why are you avoiding me Hikaru-sama?"

~~~~~

Finally the weekend was here, which meant; No Hikaru!

Mizuki felt relieved that she didn't have to deal with her best friend. She honestly didn't know what she would do if they started talking again. Another reason why she was relieved about not going to school, was the prying eyes of all the spectators. Everyone in the school knew about the famous Mizuki and Hikaru. Mizuki wasn't popular and yeah Hikaru was apart of the group D=OUT, but that had nothing to do with it.

Mizuki and Hikaru were known for the long lasting friendship. A friendship that was built over 11 years. When Hikaru transferred school's, everyone expected some one great and famous, but what they got was a really smart guy that nearly tackled an unpopular nerd. They knew each other before D=Out was even thought of and so everyone else in the school accepted the cute relationship. Hell, some of the classmates even shipped the two together. But now that they weren't together of course everyone would notice. They always spent some amount of time together during school and it created nothing but rumors and unwanted attention for Mizuki when Hikaru started to ignore her.

Wanting to get the heavy burden off of her shoulders, or at least try to, she got up and decided to go out. Throwing on something that matched her personality; a pair of converse, intricate tights, and a neon tank top, she fixed her hair that were in rainbow pigtails, and put the finishing touches on, nerdy glasses and a hat. Amused by her sense of fashion, Mizuki left her house in a bright mood, feeling like a walking bag of skittle because of all the different colors she wore.

Skipping towards the ice cream parlor, Mizuki ignored all the curious and strange glances she received, all that was on her mind was the cold substance on a cone that she was about to devour. With a wide grin, she pushed the door to the shop open and entered her so called 'heaven on earth'. The aroma of freshl home baked waffle cones drifted through the air. With a sigh of content, Mizuki skipped up to the display glasses to choose what flavor she wanted.

"Oh, Konnichiwa Mizuki-chan."

Mizuki glanced upward and gasped, "Ibuki-senpai! What are you doing here?"

Tipping the stripped top hat that sat on his head he grinned while leaning against the counter. "Otousan got sick and asked me to stop by and give a hand." he said fixing his black vest. Eyes wide, Mizuki glanced around and noticed that Ibuki was wearing the same uniform as the workers and it clicked in her head.

"No wonder Hikaru always bought me to this shop." she said scratching her head slightly. Crossing his arms Ibuki looked around the shop before asking, "Speaking of Hikaru, where is he?"

With a slight shrug, Mizuki turned her attention back to the display case. "I haven't talked to him since the last day of school." Ibuki raised an eyebrow, "And why is that?"

Shrugging yet another time, she bit her lip trying to narrow down her choices, "Ask him. He's the one avoiding me, not the other way around." Ibuki shook his head muttering something a long the lines of, Hikaru you idiot.

Smiling, Mizuki clapped her hands together and beamed at Ibuki, "Okay! I want one scoop of vanilla and once scoop of chocolate in a waffle cone."

~~~~

"Bai Bai Ibuki-senpai." With a wave, Mizuki happily her ice cream as she left the ice cream store. In truth her motto was, 'Ice cream solves everything', and it did, well for her anyways. Looking more like a little kid, Mizuki decided to walk around the crowded streets to see the different shops. She had never gone down this lane by herself before and it felt odd that Hikaru wasn't there with her like always.

With a dejected sigh, Mizuki shook her head, "I won't think about that baka." she said staring at her ice cream.

"I hope you're not talking about me." A teasing voice said in front of her.

Lifting her gaze, Mizuki jaw dropped as she stared at the man in front of her. "Reika-senpai?"

Reika grinned before making a 'V' sign with his hand, "The one and only."

Blinking away her surprise she took a few steps so she was right in front of him, "What are you doing here senpai?" 

"Well I was on my way to meet up with Ibuki-san but I had the pleasure of bumping into you instead." he said with a sly grin. Mizuki always found Reika to be someone similar to herself, like an older twin or something. He was like a giant kid , like herself, only more hyper.

"So where are you going Mizuki-chan?" he questioned stealing her ice cream from her. Not minding her ice cream she shrugged, "I don't know yet, just walking around looking at the stores." Reika nodded, not really paying attention to her but the cold treat in his hand.

"So do you want to come with me?" he asked out of blue. Mizuki blinked up at him, "Where?" Reika just grinned.

~~~~

"Kouki-sama!" Miuzki squealed out of glee before racing to the other and jumping into his arms.

"Okay why does she use senpai with us but sama with him?" Reika complained to Ibuki and Minase. Minase just shrugged while Ibuki shook his head in bitterness, "And to think I give her all the ice cream she wants but she addresses me like that."

"Don't hate just because she likes me better." Kouki snickered while sticking out his tongue. Mizuki hit his arm playfully, "I do not, I like you all equally."

"Then why are we senpai and not sama?" Reika whinned while stomping his feet. Mizuki giggled and patted his head, "Becuase unlike him, I look up to you guys, I just have to deal with him." she said jabbing her thumb towards Kouki.

"Hey!" Kouki groaned while the others laughed in happiness.

"Mizuki likes us better! Mizuki likes us better." The three chanted while skipping around Mizuki in a circle while holding hands. Kouki just rolled his eyes at their childness, "Yeah you should address them with Chan instead because they act like a bunch of little kids." Mizuki just laughed at the trio.

The five of them were back at the ice cream shop. After Reika and Mizuki went around the streets to try the different items, Reika took her back to the ice cream store where they met up with the others, sans Hikaru.

"Is Hikaru coming or not? I'm going to be really upset if he doesn't show up." Reika pouted while Minase just patted his head. It was Reika's birthday and the members decided to have a small get together at the ice cream shop.

"Well if he doesn't come we still have Mizuki-chan. She's like his other half." Ibuki said putting an arm around Mizuki's shoulder. 

"Yeah!" Kouki agreed, "She's not only nicer but cuter too." he said giving Mizuki a wink causing the later to burst out in laughter.

"Oh give the kid a break you guys, you all know he's stressing over how to confess to Mizuki-chan." Reika said annoyed that his best friend wasn't showing up.

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?"

Reika's eyes widened as he realized what he just said. "You didn't hear anything I just said!" Reika said nervously, "Mizuki-chan ignore what I just said okay?" he pleaded squishing the younger girls face in his hands, "Disregard everything."

The tinkling bell that indicated that someone had entered the shop had the five of them freeze.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late." That familiar voice that she hadn't heard in months. Her eyes ed from Reika's pleading ones to her best friends curious gaze. He was shocked after recognizing the squished face of his best friend.

"Reika-san what are you doing to Mizuki-san?" he asked, blinking in confusion. Reika exchanged glances with Minase, Kouki, and Ibuki, before releasing the younger's face coughing awkwardl.

"About that, see-" without a second to waste, the four members raced out of the shop leaving Mizuki still stunned and Hikaru utterly confused. Suddenly the atmosphere turned extremely awkard.

"They tell me to come here then they race out. Pffft and I'm the weirdo." Hikaru muttered, shaking his head.

"Hi-Hikaru-sama." Mizuki said her voice stuttering and weak. Hikaru raised his gaze to meet hers. She was utterly speechless and she didn't know how to word exactly what she wanted to ask. Seeing her troubled Hikaru immediately began to worry.

"Hey are you okay?" he asked noticing the color of her cheeks fading quickly, "You look pale."

"Senpai." she said in a low voice. Shock pierced through Hikaru's body, never once in their lifetime has she ever addressed him as Senpai, it was always a nickname she created or just his name but never Senpai.

Mizuki's eyes lost it's warmth and was filled with confusion and another emotion he couldn't recognize. Hikaru swallowed hard, he didn't know what to expect or what not to expect but the agony was killing him. What the heck was going on?

"I heard.....No.....Why...." Mizuki groaned as her words becamed muddled and jumbled, how was she suppose to ask her best friend if what Reika said was true? Did he really like her? Hikaru's eyebrows pinched together in worry, striding over to her, he cupped her face in his hands and gazed into her eyes sincerly, "What's wrong Mizuki?"

Mizuki bit her lip as the color in her cheeks began to return. Skinship like this was normal between the two but now it was different. Before she just thought everything was platonic but was it to him? She didn't know. Now it didn't feel the same, her heartbeat felt like she running a race, and her face felt extremely hot. She had never felt this way around Hikaru before, and the thoughts that were circling in her head had never once crossed her mind.

Clearing her mind she swallowed before staring into his worried filled eyes.

"Do you like me?"

~~~~~~

Come up with your own ending ^.~

I'm so sorry for not updating lately and whatnot but I have no excuse for not being active ): Sorry

Well Running Man is my excuse I guess because I've been watching it a lot lately but still its no excuse

Sorry for the abrupt ending but yeah I wanna see what you guys come up with

Please continue to support this fic and I appreciate all of you :)