Reita

J-Rock/Visual Kei One Shots

 “Come on guys. Let’s-“

Her voice died out after seeing the scene before her. Two people stood a little ahead of her, not noticing her presence. It was as if the world was playing a nasty trick on her, because not only could she not look away from what was going on, but it was like her whole life was out of her, and her breathing suddenly became rigid.
 
“Mikki wait up!” Her two friends giggled several feet behind, but upon reaching her, they both released gasps of shock.
 
A head of the three ladies stood, Reita, Mikki’s ex-boyfriend and Rina, their other best friend. But now they weren’t so sure if she was worthy of such a title. After all she knew just how much Mikki still loved Reita, and how much pain he put her through, yet there she was talking as if nothing had happened between her best friend and the man in front of her.
 
They couldn’t hear a single thing the two were discussing, but after seeing Reita give Rina a ring what else was there to assume? But before Mikki could go and throw her shoe at her ex-boyfriend, he had walked away, not even glancing back at Rina. Holding back her sobs, Mikki marched up to Rina with an annoyed look plastered on her face, but in reality, all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry.
 
“What the hell was that about?”
 
Rina jumped at the sudden voice. Blinking she turned and was shocked to find Mikki, Keiko, and Sumi in front of her.
 
“Mikki-san what are you doing here?” she asked biting her lip. Mikki snorted before crossing her arms, “Why? Afraid I would see something?”
Rina frowned before shaking her head, “That’s not what I meant.”
 
“So why were you and Reita-sa,” Catching herself in midsentence, Mikki cleared before continuing, “Reita-senpai, talking?”
 
Rina furrowed her eyebrows at the sudden change of formalities. She already knew this wasn’t going to end well, so why did she agree? She had no idea. Biting her lip, Rina refrained herself from telling Mikki what was going on, she hated doing this to her best friend. Most of all, she hated herself for coming between the two when she knew Mikki loved Reita a lot.
 
“Sumimasen, but I can’t tell you Mikki-san.” Rina replied her voice cold and dry just like the emotion her eyes were displaying. Mikki scoffed before looking back then without thinking twice her hand collided with Rina’s cheek.
 
Rina stumbled back holding her cheek in shock. Never in her life has she ever seen Mikki this way, this just showed how much she hurt her best friend. And to tell the truth she honestly felt like she deserved every single blow that Mikki served to her.
 
Keiko and Sumi both gasped in shock before grabbing Mikki before she could attack Rina anymore, dragging away the angered teenager. Mikki kicked and screamed against the two, trying her hardest to get to Rina again but the two girls kept a good grip on her, and before Mikki could lunge for Rina again, they were already around the corner.
 
Rina held her cheek while tears rolled down her cheek. Staring at were Mikki and her friends had disappeared she let out a sigh, “Sumimansen.”
 
~~~
“Come on Mikki! The movie wasn’t that bad.” Keiko said trying to cheer the latter up. Releasing a dry laugh Mikki shook her head, “No Keiko, it . Badly.”
 
Sumi snickered as she and Mikki high-fived, “What a waste.” She said stretching her arms, “We could’ve gone out to dinner.”
 
Keiko snorted in reply as they entered the elevator to the parking lot, “Oh please Sumi. You think anything is a waste if it’s not spent on food.” Sumi just stuck out her tongue in reply while Mikki sincerely laughed at their bantering.
 
The three continued to joke and mess around on their way back to the car when something caught Mikki’s eye. In the car across of them sat none other than the two people that had kicked her into depression.
 
With an annoyed laugh Mikki crossed her arms and glared at the two, “You have got to be kidding me.”
 
~~~
Reita and Rina were sitting in the parking lot of the movie theater talking about the episode with Mikki the other day.
 
“I still can’t believe she hit you.” Reita said his lips pursed in concentration as he examined the bruise on Rina’s cheek. “She must’ve hit you really hard for it to bruise. Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked, concern filling his eyes as his finger ran down the red patch.
 
Shivering slightly, Rina grasped his hand and placed it back to his side. “I’m fine.” She whispered, “After all, Mikki still does love you. A lot.” 
 
Reita sighed while running his hand through his hair. “I know. Look I’m sorry I had to put you through this. I didn’t exactly think she would react like this.”
Rina gave him a small smile and patted his knee. “It’s fine. Come on the movie is about to start.” She was about to leave the car when she suddenly looked forward and saw Mikki, Keiko, and Sumi once again in front of them. Her sudden gasp caught Reita’s attention and he too looked up and met eyes with his ex-girlfriend.
 
Swallowing the lump in his throat he continued to stare down Mikki, trying to intimidate the other. To both of their relief, Mikki only scoffed before jumping in the driver’s seat, Keiko and Sumi following suit, and drove out of the parking lot.
 
“Well that was close.”
 
~~~
 
I’m Sorry
 
Those two words haunted Rina in her sleep and she found herself pacing back and forth in her room as seconds ticked by. After the run in at the parking lot, Mikki hasn’t been seen much by Sumi and Keiko after she dropped them off at their respected houses, and so the two went to discuss matters with Rina who eventually told them about Reita and herself.
 
A few hours later, Rina and Reita both received a text from Mikki that contained only two words. And those two words was of course her apology. Her apology was unneeded and was pointless because it was really Rina who needed to apologize, not Mikki.
 
With a frustrated sigh Rina fell back on her bed and closed her eyes, hoping to catch at least some sleep. That was until her phone rang.
 
“Moshimo-I’ll be right there!”
~~~
 
Her breaths came out in pants as she ran through the streets of Tokyo. Bumping into people, yet ignoring their screaming voices. It wasn’t important at the moment. She needed to get their fast.
 
After the phone call from Keiko she felt as if the world really did hate her. This wasn’t how it was suppose to end, not like this, anything but this.
 
With an angry cry, she pushed herself across the streets, into the gloomy building. Nurses smiled at her while doctors greeted her, how can such a scary place be so happy. Ignoring everyone she ran up to the designated room Keiko had told her earlier and rushed through the corridors, looking for the right room. Right as she turned the corner, her heart stopped.
 
“Mikki.”
 
Without a second glance at her, Mikki tried to walk pass her but Rina held her wrist as she passed by.
 
“I’m sorry Mikki. I shouldn’t have lied, but he wanted me too.” She sniffed not daring to look into Mikki’s eyes, “He didn’t want you to deal with the pain when he was gone so he, he asked me to agree. I couldn’t say no, knowing that he was dying.” She said muffling her cries. “I tried to help him get better Mikki! I did, I wanted the two of you to live happily, but but the cancer just came faster than they predicted and and ..” her voice died out as her cried became louder. 
After managing to calm herself down, Rina reached into her pocket and pulled out the object that has been burning a hole in her pocket the day she got it.
 
“Here, he wanted me to give this to you.” Rina whispered placing the object in Mikki’s hand. Opening her hand Mikki couldn’t hold in anymore and cried. Keiko stepped forward and hugged her friend as she continued to cry over the object that she held in her palm.
 
“I’m sorry Mikki.” Keiko whispered, tears also running down her face.
 
So he really was gone, and he didn’t even say goodbye. And all was left of him was his lovers strangled cries that filled the hospital wing and the wedding ring he left for her.
 
~~~~
 
Well this turned our more depressing than I planned, [Insert awkward laugh] sorry >.<
This idea is not original because I actually got it from a music video, there's a few tweaks to it but yeah I didn't come up with the plot all by myself.
Hopefully you guys like though and yeah okay bye.
And I apologize for making Voldy-boy die , I promise I'll make him a happy one later.