Chapter 09

Love Cruise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As they promised each other, both Mark and Jackson ended up in the movies the next night. Jackson was really nervous while waiting for Mark. Mark wasn’t late; it’s just Jackson was earlier.

It wasn’t a long wait for Jackson as Mark arrived in time as they promised each other. “Hey, am I late?” Mark asked Jackson guiltily.

Jackson smiled brightened up immediately upon seeing Mark arrival. “No, you’re in time actually. I was the one earlier.”

“Oh okay. Should we get the tickets then?” Mark asked Jackson.

Jackson smiled as he showed Mark two tickets on his hand. “I bought them already.”

“Then I’ll buy the snacks! Let’s go!” Mark said as he led the younger towards the snack bar. “What do you want, Jackson?”

“I’ll have caramel popcorn, a hotdog and coke.” Jackson said.

“Make it two then.” Mark said to the cashier before he paid for the snacks.

“So, do you come to movies often?” Jackson asked Mark, tried to engage in conversation with the older.

“No, not really... Actually it’s been some times since I last came for movies.” Mark answered Jackson.

“You don’t like movies?” Jackson asked again.

“No, I love movies. I just don’t like to watch it alone, it’s lonely.” Mark replied Jackson before he handed Jackson snacks to him before grabbing his own.

“Eh why? Your friends don’t go with you?” Jackson was surprisingly confused. “By the way, thanks for the snacks.”

“Welcome.” Mark smiled back at Jackson before continued, “Jinyoung doesn’t really like movies, Bam Bam always falls asleep inside the theatre, and Youngjae was just too busy with his work that he sometimes doesn’t have time for himself.”

Jackson nodded his head understandingly as he heard Mark continued on, “I can’t remember the last I was here... The last time I was with my...” Mark suddenly stopped himself from saying on and corrected himself immediately, “Hm... with my ex boyfriend.” Mark sighed in relief as he honestly said out.

Jackson seemed to realize the hesitant pause in Mark words but he didn’t say anything about it. Jackson just smiled it away as he said, “Well, from now on, you can always calls me up if you need company, not only for movies, but for anything you wanted to do.”

Mark smiled back at the Jackson genuine words, “Now I know. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome, my friend.” Jackson smiled back at Mark before he walked inside the theatre room.

 

2 hours of movie, Mark and Jackson decided for dinner together. Both of them were coincidentally in mood for the same Chinese food. “So, how long have you been in Korea, Mark?” Jackson decided to start the conversation with Mark.

Mark seemed to think for a while before he answered, “I was about 7 or 8 when my father job made us moved to Seoul. We were in Seoul for about 5 or 6 years before his job had him moved back to LA. When I graduated high school, I decided to move back to Seoul for college and have been here ever since.” Mark answered before he asked, “What about you?”

Jackson sighed as he answered, “Actually I was here not that long. I have been living in Hong Kong until I graduated college, but then I got the opportunity for a job in Seoul, so I take it. But then it turned out not what I wanted to do. I was lucky to meet with JB and we just become close and we have the same dream; we wanted to start our own business so then we choose to start a cafe together.”

Mark nodded his head understandingly as he said, “Well, you made the perfect choice, I guess. Your cafe is really popular, my friends and I often go there to eat.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter