Chapter 8

My Unexpected Boyfriend

She gripped the hem of her dress tightly. Her palms were sweaty and she was getting more and more nervous with every minute. The guy however, was completely the opposite of her. His fingers laced with the handle of his cup, occasionally taking a small sip of his latte. There was a perfect grin edged on his flawless face whenever she seemed to avoid his stare.

 

The both of them sat in silence, with So Min feeling hesitant and Kyu Jong glancing at her every now and then in amusement. The way she sat with her back rigid and straight and with her chin tucked in slightly made him want to chuckle at her.

 

"Relax, just take this as a simple meeting between two really good friends," he chortled, gesturing for her to drink her untouched latte. She nodded, looking a bit more at ease and mimicked his actions.

 

"So...how are you these days?"

 

"Urm...really fine sunb- I mean oppa," she laughed, "I need to get used to calling you that."

 

He smiled in response.

 

"Has Hyun Joong been treating you well?"

 

Why does everyone keep asking me about him?!

 

"Well he's really nice to me all the time…" her voice trailed, "he's so different from the guy that I used to think was so snobby."

 

Kyu jong nodded his head slowly, "So how do you feel about him?"

 

"He...frets if I'm unwell, takes care of me, he's constantly worried over my well-being…He makes sure that I'm always happy, and jokes around me a lot just to make me laugh-"

 

"-I asked you how you feel about him, not what you know about him." Kyu Jong smirked teasingly, propping his elbow onto the table. He leaned in closer to her beet root red face.

 

"W-What…? I don't...g-get you…" She stammered, warmth creeping up her cheeks. "I-I mean, he's my b-boyfriend."

 

He chuckled heartily, and So Min grew more and more puzzled.

 

Oh he was gonna have so much fun with her.

 

~~~

 

He buried his face into his hands. His head was thudding incessantly and his heart was pounding hard against his chest. There was this slight constrict pain in his chest, and he tried desperately to rub it off. Silly, why are you even feeling like this...Yeah,I'm just nervous for So Min, because I want her date to go on smoothly. But still the pain clawed his heart and showed no signs of stopping.

 

As he was having a mental battle in his mind, the girl seated opposite him couldn’t feel more happier. She mentally yelled in victory, for the guy who ignored her for months finally asked her out.

 

But it was a totally different case for Hyun Joong. He paid absolutely no attention to the girl in front of him, not even noticing that she had tried her best to grab his undivided attention.

 

She pouted her cherry pink lips, and widened her eyes to make it appear bigger. There was this sultry glint in her orbs, and she tucked in her chin to appear innocent.

 

Hyun Joong had his eyes glue to the couple 3 tables in front of him. Occasionally he would pretend to look down at his menu (which by the way, was being held upside down) or hide his face not-so-inconspicuously behind the slim jar of wilted roses.

 

"Oppa!" The girl exclaimed, jutting out her lower lip sadly.

 

"Er yes, erm Su Hye-Su Min-Su something," He mumbled distractedly, to which she responded with her hands on her hips.

 

"It's Victoria, Hyun Joong Oppa." She huffed unhappily, crossing her legs.

 

He blinked in surprise. "Aren't you my ex-girlfriend?"

 

"Yes Oppa," She twirled a strand of her hair in annoyance, and finally realised that his attention was at someone behind her. She turned around to see who he was staring at before she gasped.

 

"So you were staring at Kyu Jong Oppa and So Min the entire time?" She crossed her arms disappointedly. That cut his trail of thoughts.

 

"You know So Min?" He asked unable to contain his obvious curiosity.

 

"Well yeah, she's my classmate," She rolled her eyes, not understanding what was the fascination with the weird girl. "She's this really unpopular loner who goes with Jessica Jung all the time. The whole school knows she's going out with you- wait what?!" She stopped, mouth-agape.

 

Victoria looked back at So Min who was chatting heartily with Kyu Jong, before turning back to gape at Hyun Joong.

 

I'm in deep right now.

 

He had to conjure up a wild reason, and fast. "Urm...urm, So Min told me she wanted to get closer to the other SS501 members, and I agreed to her to meet up with Kyu Jong here and er...that's why I'm here because I need to keep an eye on her in case he does anything wrong to her."

 

He rambled quickly, but relieved that his lie was not unbelievable. But his happiness was short-lived when he saw the storm brewing on Victoria's face.

 

"So what you meant to say is, you called me out not because you wanted to see me, but because you need me as your cover don't you? In case they spot you?" She gritted her teeth in rage, and stood up abruptly.

 

Oh no, oh no. I don't wanna know where this is heading.

 

"Well guess what, your cover is broken now. This date is over. Enjoy ogling at your girl. Goodbye, jerk." She shouted storming out of the café. The whole café went silent, before So Min spoke tentatively.

 

"Hyun Joong Oppa...what are you doing here?" She said.

 

Damn you Victoria.

 

~~~

 

"You're gonna regret this Hyun Joong Oppa. This will teach you not to play with girls' feelings." She muttered evilly, letting out a loud cackle. Fishing out her phone, she dialed the number on her speed dial.

 

/Hello Tiffany?/

/Oh hi Vic! What do you need?/

/Can you do me a favour?/

/Sure! What is it regarding?/

/Hyun Joong Oppa and So Min. I want them separated./

/You read my mind darling./

 

~~~

 

a/n: 89 subbies and 2 up-votes. Sometimes I just hate the fact that I can't update regularly coz I feel so bad for all you wonderful readers T^T but I should be back into my writing mode, so you should expect updates here and there heh :D

So how was this? I nearly lost my drive in writing this story, but luckily I got back to it before it disappeared haha.

And yes Hyun Joong is feeling something nowww~~~ Well he already did but it's getting stronger xD don't worry though this fic won't be too rushed haha. I still have lots planned :)

 

Okay enough with me nonsense, sub,up-vote and comment kays~ I genuinely appreciate it :>

Love ya!

-Rin