Chapter 9

My Unexpected Boyfriend

~~~

"That was...weird," Kyu Jong commented as soon as Hyun Joong hastily rushed out of the café. So Min was lost in her deep thoughts.

 

Why the hell was Hyun Joong Oppa there? Could it be just pure coincidence? Or was he actually...stalking me? She shook her head vigorously. No it's not possible. Why would he care anyways? And who was that girl there? Were they on a date?

 

There were so many questions forming in her mind, and the more she pondered on what had happened, the more she felt sick. She placed her hands on her lap and looked at Kyu Jong.

 

"Oppa, I've lost my appetite. Can we leave this place soon?" She asked politely, not wanting to offend him. To her surprise, he nodded with an understanding smile.

 

"Thank you for everything today, Kyu Jong Oppa," She grinned, as soon as they were out of the café. He beamed back, which made her heart flutter. His alluring eyes formed crescents and his lips were edged with a perfect smile.

 

The way he smiles reminds me so much of Hyun Joong Oppa… The eyes, the nose, the lips- wait So Min you idiot! Why are you thinking about that jerk right now? You're on a date with Kyu Jong Oppa, Not Hyun Pabo Joong, get that in your head!

 

"So Min-ah don't frown like that! You're gonna get wrinkles soon!" He chuckled, her cheeks. She nearly jumped under his touch because holy hell her crush was touching her cheeks. He pinched her soft cheeks, making her yelp in slight pain.

 

"Oppa! That wasn't funny!" She pouted. The both of them erupted into peals of laughter.

 

Kyu Jong reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He took her hand and placed it onto her palm gingerly.

 

"Open it."

 

Hesitated, she pinched the lid of the velvet box, and she was taken-aback by the object lying inside.

 

It was a necklace, a gorgeous one at that, with light bouncing of the inner walls of the glass pendant, shining off a multitude of colours proudly. It shimmered gently under the sun, and she could not help but gasped in surprise.

 

"It's absolutely beautiful," She said breathlessly. The necklace complemented with her pale cream coloured skin, and she could not help but feel envious that whoever Kyu Jong was giving the necklace too was one very lucky girl.

 

"Do you like it?" Kyu Jong asked anxiously, studying her expression carefully.

 

"What are you saying, I don’t just like it, I love it!" She exclaimed, twirling the necklace between her fingers.

 

"It's for you."

 

"Are you sure…? Is that for me?" So Min looked up at Kyu Jong, eyes widened with astonishment. It took so much self-control for her to not squeal in happiness.

 

"Of course silly, if it wasn't it wouldn't be resting on your palms." Kyu Jong laughed, taking the necklace and putting it around her neck with ease.

 

"Can I…?" He whispered, as he leaned his face closer to her. Their breaths were mixed together as their hearts palpitated wildly.

 

"Yes…"

 

Kyu Jong placed a chaste kiss onto her forehead.

 

"Thank you, So Min."

 

~~~

 

30/12/12

 

Dear Diary,

 

I really can’t believe it. I had a date with Kyu Jong Oppa today, and he gave me a necklace and kissed my forehead! *spazzes like a maniac* My dream finally came true! I just can't stop smiling afterwards!

On another note, it was really bizarre to see Hyun Joong at the café! Who was the girl anyways? They can't be together can they? I mean like me and Hyun Joong are dating and all…But it's a fake relationship...For some reason that's making me feel really weird. I wonder what it means?

 

~~~

 

The next day, So Min clung onto Jessica's arms and both of them walked to their lockers. So Min was rambling on about her 'date' yesterday with Kyu Jong to Jessica, to which Jessica squealed, feeling extremely happy for her friend.

 

"Gosh So Min, you're so lucky! I would kill to be Kyu Jong's date!"

 

"Wait I thought you preferred Hyun Joong Oppa?"

 

"I just like all of them!"

 

"Greedy!" So Min giggled, hitting Jessica's arms. All of a sudden, So Min stopped short in her tracks.

 

"Oh my gosh..."

 

Various colours of paint were splattered , creating ugly streaks onto her locker. Tears of anger brimmed in her eyes; she clutched Jessica's hand for support.

 

"What the hell happened here-?!" Jessica exclaimed in frustration, holding So Min's petite body so that she would not collapse onto the ground. It was a nasty sight; her locker was badly damaged and vandalised. Heads were turning to stare at the hideous image.

 

Just then, a tall and elegant girl strode towards the two quivering girls.

 

"Like my little present?" She smirked proudly, twirling a strand of loose hair as she stared at them with disgust in her eyes.

 

Right before So Min could retort back, Jessica stormed straight in front of the arrogant girl. The air was still and the atmosphere was tense as everyone watched in curiosity. A sickening slap sound reverberated among the halls of the corridor, and the other students continued to stare at the drama unfolding.

 

"You ! What the hell has So Min done to you, Miyoung?!" Jessica spat, acid and pure hatred lacing her sentences. There was anger convulsing through her body, feelings of loathsome coursing through her veins.

 

Completely taken by surprise, Tiffany had her hand cupping her reddened cheek, her hair plastered all over her face. She whipped her head back to face Jessica.

 

"You wanna know why I do all this huh?" Tiffany gritted her teeth, "it's because that girl over there took what's rightfully mine! Haven't your parents taught you not to steal?" She taunted So Min haughtily, completely disregarding her sore cheek, "oh maybe it's because you have no parents."

 

Slap.

 

Her hand was raised up high in the air, her chest heaving.

 

"Don't you dare make fun of my parents. You can take back your Hyun Joong, whatever. You can insult me, whatever. But don't you ever utter another word about my parents." So Min's voice trembled in rage.

 

"Come one Sica unnie, let's go."

 

They spun around and left, leaving  Tiffany with her tears streaming down, feeling utterly shocked.

 

~~~

 

[From: Idiot Pabo]

 

Yah So Min. I heard about what happened in the morning today. You okay?

 

 

[From: Idiot Pabo]

 

Hey don't ignore me okay. Did Tiffany hurt you? Pls reply asap.

 

 

[From: Idiot Pabo]

 

So Min don't make me angry and just look at your damn phone!

 

 

[From: Idiot Pabo]

 

Hey I'm sorry, can you please reply me? Are you okay? I apologize on behalf of Tiffany...what she did was stupid and irrational. Just ignore her and cheer up kay? I'm very worried right now, so pls call me when you see this message!

 

~~~

 

a/n: Woot I'm pretty fast now aren't I? Oooh so much suspense and tension in the story! And not to forget drama :D A bit of a cliffhanger here! Hope you guys liked the chapter although I probably ruined your atmosphere from light and fluffy and happy to complete and utter horror XD I'm quite the genius at ruining people's emotions heh ^^

 

Sorry to all Tiffany fans! I love Fany a lot okay so don't get mad at me for portraying Fany's character like that ><

 

Okay so what do you guys think? :) Comment are very much appreciated~!

 

Oh and I wanna celebrate 100 subbies! Can't believe it omg! And I barely passed the halfway mark of this story! This shows that you guys, HyunMin Fans, are one of the best fan group ever! :) Love you all! <3

 

-Rin