Chapter 6

My Unexpected Boyfriend

Why did I agree to this again?

She mentally groaned, silently cursing herself for reluctantly agreeing to this stupid deal. She sat motionlessly, her back straight and her facial expression rigid. A huge platter of food was placed in front of her. The person seated next to her was not any different. His eyes were glued towards an elderly couple gigling in front of the stoneless pair.

The couple chuckled heartily, trying their best to launch the other stoic pair into a warm conversation, but to no avail. The tension was so thick and a awkward silence filled the table.

SoMin dearly wanted to bury her face under some table cloth, to hide away the different shades of red flitted across her nervous face. She nudged Hyun Joong lightly.

"Remind me again why I have to this?" She hissed quietly, faking a smile when Mr and Mrs Kim joked about the younger pair being a very compatible couple.

"Shh...Just act like some mushy and very much in love couple." Hyun Joong muttered, grinning at his parents when they continued gushing on how adorably shy SoMin is.

"So, you guys have any plans for the future?" Mrs Kim feigned nonchalance as she sipped her glass of lemonade. SoMin glanced at a grim-looking Hyun Joong in confusion.

"Er, I'm sorry Mrs-"

"Call me umma, dear."

"Urm, yes, umma, I don't quite understand your question...?"

Mrs Kim smiled broadly, her pearly white teeth glittering as Mr Kim nodded enthusiatically.

"Well, don't pretend to be shy, we were talking about marriage."

SoMin froze and Hyun Joong gasped loudly. Marriage...? What are they trying to imply? The two seemed to have thought the same thing as they stared at each other in utter shock.

"Umma! We aren't going to that stage yet! I mean...we...just started...dating and all..." Hyun Joong stammered, but Mrs Kim tittered happily, ignoring his words.

"You know, if you guys get married, and have children, I'll be the happiest grandmother in the world!" She clapped her hands childishly, sighing and closing her eyes blissfully.

SoMin nearly facepalmed,mortified. Marrying Hyun Joong would be the last thing she will ever do. Hell, she had rather die than marry him. She shuddered at the mere thought.

"Now now, come down dear," Mr Kim placed his hand on his wife's shoulder and winked at the younger couple, "They are still kids and all, let's not rush them."

SoMin sighed, her fingers tugging the hem of her dress nervously.

This is so going to be a long day.

 

~~~

 

"Seriously, I'm sick and tired of you ogling at his picture everyday. You look like some obsessed, love-sick mad person. If I'm Hyun Joong I would freak already."

"Shut up Lee Soonkyu." Tiffany spat harshly, turning her head back to her mini mirror and examined her perfectly prepped face and thick makeup.

Sunny scowled, folding her arms crossly. Tiffany could such a at times, she thought. Sometimes I wonder how am I her best friend. They both sat silently in a half-empty classroom,Tiffany staring at her reflection while Sunny looked idly at her perfectly manicured nails.

"You do know you guys are not together anymore right?"

"I'm not stupid." Tiffany rolled her eyes in irritation.

"Good. I just want to put some sense into your head."

Tiffany did not answer, fished out her phone and gazed at her phone wallpaper, undoubtedly Hyun Joong's picture. She knew she was being really shallow and an airhead, but she refused to admit the truth. The truth that he doesn't love her anymore. And it was her own fault.

 

"Who...who is that girl?" Tiffany shrieked, slapping him across the face. Her face was blotchy red with fury, her chest heaving in anger. The victim of the slap whipped his head, glaring at her in indignation and exasperation.

"She's no one Miyoung, she's just-" Hyun Joong hurriedly tried to explain, rage boiling inside him.

"Shut up! You're a pathetic moron! We're over!" Tiffany yelled, tears streaming down her face and her mascara and makeup ruined. Turning around, she gave her former boyfriend one last cold glare, and stormed off, leaving him heartbroken and confused.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes, trying to stop the memories that were trying to haunt her day and night. What's done is done, she told herself, there's no point lamenting. I've my one and only goal now. And it's to get him back.

"Even though he doesn't show me that he loves me, I know that deep in his heart he rememebers me, and I'll be there the day he realizes his undying love for me," Tiffany tossed her hair haughtily.

"That's where you're wrong, Hwang Miyoung." A voice called behind her. She spun around, glaring at a small girl smiling smugly behind her.

"What are your implications, Krystal Jung?"

"I said, you're wrong. Hyun Joong no longer have you in your heart. That idiot is already smitten by another girl." Krystal inwardly chuckled when she saw how Tiffany's expression turned darker.

"I have my connections, Miyoung. My sister told me that her best friend is Hyun Joong's 'lucky girl'. "

Sunny, who was bored throughout the whole conversation, sat up interested and chirped in. "Isn't she SoMin?"

"You mean...they are together?" Tiffany widened her eyes in disbelief. I thought...they were only joking...

"You are seriously such an airhead Miyoung," Krystal rolled her eyes, "They are officially a couple now. The whole school knows about it."

Tiffany sweared that she have never felt angrier.

 

~~~

 

28/12/12

Dear Diary,

It's been long since I posted a diary entry after a certain twit stole my diary. Speaking of him, the lunch I had with him and his parents were sooo awkward! Mrs and Mr Kim kept saying that they want grandchildren! I mean, like who would get married right after dating a few days. And both of us aren't even dating for real! Anyways, that jerk promised me that he would 'introduce' me to Kyu Jong oppa... I feel so excited! In short, I can't wait for that day to come! Good night~

 

She stopped writing, and smiled at her entry.

Done.

Just then, her phone beeped feebly.

[From: Idiot Pabo]

Hey, thanks so much for this afternoon. Erm, the deal is still on and I shall help you ask Kyu Jong.

 

SoMin gave a mini squeal and started jumping on her bed. Yes! Finally this is working out! I can get to meet Kyu Jong oppa!

 

 

[From: Cutie Min Min<3]

Thanks so much! Good night!

 

She could hardly contain her excitement as she pressed on her phone quickly. It beeped once again, startling her from daydreaming.

 

[From: Idiot Pabo]

Yeah. Sleep tight. Good night.

 

For some reason, the reply was so short and seemed distant. She frowned in puzzlement. Perhaps he had a rough day or something, as his reply sounded so...cold. But she brushed that thought away. She was going to meet Kyu Jong oppa and maybe even go on a date.

SoMin laid down on her bed, smiling in bliss as fatigue worn her and her eyelids drooped.

 

~~~

 

a/n: Phew! That was long! Oh my gosh, sorry for the long wait! I actually wanted to post a chapter before Christmas, but I kinda got so cooped up with family stuff and all and I can't update. So sorry! Anyways, Merry Belated Christmas! (Like so very belated gosh) Hope you guys liked this update! My personal favourite so far XD Oh, and I finally reached the 60 subbies mark, so thanks so much for all the support! I love each and everyone, whetehr you are an silent reader or not. Thank you! Comment and subscribe! Oh, and up-vote it (if you think this story is worth it LOL). Ciao ofr now~~~