Chapter 2

I Can Be Your Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shownu headed to the cafeteria after class. Most idols and actors attended the same university, where everyone here was either a trainee or a celebrity, which explains why no one has to worry about being mobbed by fans while in school, thank god.

Along the way, he spotted Youngji in an empty classroom. She was as gorgeous as she was motionless, sitting like a porcelain doll, deep in thought, with a cold, slightly pained expression on her face.

 

He wondered what made the girl sad. Here was a girl who was perpetually happy on screen, but in her candid, real life moments, she often had a sad expression on her face. It was like she had a lot on her mind, a lot of burdens to carry. Despite seeming outgoing and social, she was actuallly an introvert, which explains why he often saw her being alone, engrossed in her thoughts.

 

*flashback*

"This is meant to be a happy occassion, for god's sake. Smile, will you?" Her mother dragged her around the room, plastering a smile on her face, wanting to show her off to her relatives at her cousin's wedding.

Pfft. She hated the way her mother acted in front of others, completely different than her actions at home. What a hypocrite, she thought.

But her relatives were worse.

"Oh, you're a singer now? Funny how I haven't heard of any of your songs!"

"Aren't you afraid of being compared to the other KARA members? They're so much more experienced than you."

"Is that why you're losing your manners? Because you think you're a star?"

"I wish you luck dear. I think it'll be a tough journey for you, I mean, you were never really good at singing, right?"

"Ah, KARA Project. You didn't get to perform much on that show though. You're lucky to have won!"

Yeah. Pretty much what mean netizens would write, execpt they said it to her face, in real life. No big deal, she's heard worse from them over the years.

She plastered a fake smile on her face and glared at them before retreating to her seat, pulling out her phone and texting Nana.

*flashback end*

 

 

"Hyung!" Kihyun waved to Sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter