Chapter 1

I Can Be Your Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not one of us, Youngji."

"You were never one of us, and you'll never be."

KARA and April, the people that she was meant to be the closest with. What a joke.

Then again, what's new? She never did have any luck with people, it's been that way since young. She was always the one that was left out, the one that people got bored of, the one who never felt like she could belong.

People came and went, and over the years she become hardened and tired. Tired of trying so hard to gain acceptance, to fit in. She stopped trying, stopped trusting. Because even people whom she confided in didn't really understand.

"Those who are not in your shoes will never understand," Nana had once told her. Her Roommate co-star was the only one she trusted, who went through the same issues and felt the same pain. "There's no point in hoping that they will."

Jinah unnie is right.

I shouldn't expect anyone to help me; I'm the only one that can help myself.

 

 

 

"Dul, set! Hoo, Monsta X imnida!" They greeted enthusiastically.

"Ne, thank you for sending us your albums." Raina said.

"No problem sunbaenim, we hope you like it," Jooheon said cutely.

Orange Caramel sunbaes laughed at the guy's aegyo, except Nana who was slightly distracted by a message on her phone.

Shortly after, there was a knock on the door. Nana ran to open it. "Youngji-ah," she said worriedly.

"Oh Youngji-ah are you here to find your unnie again," Lizzy smiled at the younger girl who was like Nana's sister.

Monsta X were surprised to see her and they all exchanged greetings. Unable to muster up her energy, Youngji was feeling awkward and gave Nana's hand a squeeze. Nana knew her dongsaeng wanted to get out of the room as soon as possible, especially after the sos message she sent earlier.

"It was nice meeting you guys," Nana flashed her signature smile, "Now if you'll excuse us, I need to be somewhere with my dongsaeng"

Youngji breathed a sigh of relief and followed her out.

 

 

"Wasn't that strange?" Wonho asked, "Youngji-ssi is always so bright and cheerful, it's weird to see her look so unenergetic."

"Yeah, I noticed that too," Minhyuk said, "She's always smiling whenever I see her on Roommates."

Hyungwon yawned. "Maybe that's why she went to find Nana sunbae, to have a chat or something." He put on his headphones and proceeded to take a nap.

Shownu listened to the exchange quietly. They say the brightest of smiles hides the most pain. 

I hope she's alright.

 

 

Youngji was in her element when she was singing and dancing. Shownu loved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter