Chapter 8

I Can Be Your Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji was looking through her MC script when she caught sight of Hara.

"Hara unnie!"

She turned.

"Oh, it's really you unnie, are you here to see me?" Youngji looked at her hopefully.

The older girl scoffed. "I'm here to see my friend, why would I come for you?"

Bora approached them. "Hara-ya, you're here!"

Hara was about to walk away when she paused and said, "And don't forget, I'm no longer your unnie. KARA doesn't exist anymore."

 

 

"Great job everyone!" The director of the music broadcast clapped and thanked everyone as they made their way off the stage after the ending.

 

Shownu suddenly felt someone tug on his arm.

"Hey," Soyou smiled.

"Oh, annyeong, sunbae."

"You should be free now, right?"

"Ani," Shownu looked into the crowd. He was looking for a certain girl.

Soyou frowned. "Oh come on, we need to get acquainted if we're gonna be duet partners, don't we?"

"Er, sunbae mianhae, I gotta go."

 

 

At the sound of Youngji's voice, Shownu slowed his footsteps and hid behind a wall.

"Where are you going?" her manager asked.

"I don't know," Youngji shrugged, looking distressed. "I just need some time alone."

"Okay," her manager relented, patting her on the back. "You don't have schedules until tomorrow night anyway. See you."

Youngji walked away wearily, staring up at the night sky.

Shownu watched her. There was a nagging feeling at the back of his mind and he wondered if he should listen to it.

Where is she going?

 

 

*flashback*

"Aishh, fine, I'll go down to buy the snacks," the Monsta X leader relented after having lost an intense game of rock paper scissors. The younger ones cheered.

Shownu headed for the stairs, only to overhear two girls talking.

"Why have you been going the gym so often, Youngji-ah," Nana said to her. "You look fine, don't listen to them, you don't need to lose any more weight.'

"Ani, it's not that, " Youngji knew her roommate unnie was concerned. There were probably only a handful of people in the world that she trusted and Nana unnnie was one of them. "Working out is my stress release, you know that."

"Yeah, and I also know that you cry secretly while you're there alone," the older girl was not buying any of her excuses. "You need to rest, it'll help lift your mood too."

"I wish I could just shut my brain off. Sometimes I just don't want to hear my thoughts."

Nana patted her head and whispered soothingly, "It'll get better, I promise."

*flashback end*

 

Shownu barged into her gym. 

She turned to look at him with an emotionless expression, while doing her stretches. 

He couldn't help but notice how gorgeous she looked in her gym clothes. 

"What are you doing here?" She raised her eyebrows slightly in surprise.

 

Play it cool, Shownu, play it coo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter