Chapter 12

I Can Be Your Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you nervous for the duet stage later?" Shownu's manager asked as they waited for rehersals to begin.

Shownu shrugged. "I'm prepared," he said.

"Well, I'll be at the cafe downstairs if you need me," his manager said to the stone-faced boy, "You have an hour to rest before the full-dress rehersal."

"Ne."

After a while, Soyou entered. "Shownu-ah!"

"Why are you here? It's not starting yet."

"Aw come on, I came to see you of course," she said as she made herself comfortable on the couch. "Aren't you glad to see me?" she teased slyly. He didn't reply.

She spotted the extra T-shirt he brought lying on the couch. "Oh, this is nice, can I wear it for a while? I'm cold," she said, reaching for his shirt without waiting for his reply.

He suddenly took the shirt back. "Andwae, you can't"

"Mwo?"

"It's.. it's a precious shirt to me," he said.

"What? Why?"

He stared at the shirt in his hands. Because it's the one that Youngji wore, he thought.

To Soyou, he said, "It just is."

 

*flashback*

Shownu hung up and went back into the gym. He found Youngji sleeping on the yoga mat. He crouched down beside her, examining her every feature. He smiled and brushed her hair off her face. She was sound asleep and didn't even stir.

He reached for her hands and slipped his fingers through hers, smiling at how her small hands fit into his. Then, he realised how cold her hands felt.

He got up and walked to her locker, hoping to find a jacket or shirt to cover her with, but it was locked. Having came in a rush, he didn't have anything either.

After thinking for a moment, Shownu looked down at himself. This will have to do.

He sat down beside her and took off his shirt. He then lifted her from the mat, leaning her against his bare chest as he slowly slipped his shirt over her head. He was about to tuck her in when she stirred a little. He froze and waited for her to stop moving when she hugged him like a pillow, resting her face against his muscular body.

He blinked in surprise, and his heart started to race as he could feel her breathing and her soft skin against his body. He slowly smiled and carefully wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace and keeping her warm with his body heat. Then, he leaned against the bench and drifted off to sleep.

*flashback end*

 

 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the former Mrs Park," Soyou knew that bringing up her ex's last name would anger her.

Nana's blood boiled as she came eye-to-eye with the very girl that her ex-boyfriend cheated on her with. The guy who made her believe in love, the guy prop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter