Chapter 9: Promise

Don't Let Me Down

Jongin felt awkward. There is a pretty boy with a face that can beat a barbie doll standing in the middle of the living room. Everyone in the house gathered around him and looking with strange looks without saying a word for like ten minutes? , Jongin thought.

"Hey, why are you gathering like th......" Baekhyun's loud voice break through the silence but trailed at the end when he saw the boy.

"Luhan?" he said confusedly.

"Luhan? Ahhh that luhan. The one who left." Jongin thought.

"Hi, Baek. It's been a long time. Right?" The said boy smiled.

What are you doing here? " Baekhyun hissed.

"I came back...."

"Came back?" Baekhyun cut his sentence.

"Why? Why did you come back? What's your reason? "

"I......."

"Don't tell me you came back because you missed us. Why would you leave your precious vampire mate for worthless people like us? Right? Did he leave you? Or kick you out? Did he say he didn't want you anymore? Is that why you come back to us? To the ones you left without thinking twice. Huh?" Baekhyun said angrily.

Jongin was shocked. He had never seen Baekhyun got this angry before.

"Answer me!" Baekhyun yelled when Luhan said nothing.

"Baek.. ....." Sehun called quietly.

"What? Am I wrong? Huh? Tell me , Luhan, am I wrong?" 

"Stop it, Baek " Sehun said in warning voice.

"No, Sehun. I'm just telling the truth. Are you trying to protect him again? Are....are you happy? Are you happy because he came back?"

"That's enough, Baek " Sehun said with gritted teeth.

"Is it because you still have fee....."

"I said enough!" Sehun growled.

"Enough!"

Baekhyun stopped and cowered in submission.

Sehun too closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down.

"Minseok, please take Luhan to his old room. I think he needs rest. We'll talk later." Sehun said.

"He died." Luhan murmured.

Everyone turned to looked at him.

"He died." he said a loud this time.

"Lu, I think I said we would talk later."

"No, Hun. Let's talk right now. Everyone would want to know why I suddenly came back to you. I understand. If I were Baekhyun, I would do the same too." he said with a sad smile.

"Yifan was killed. He was killed because of me. He was just trying to save me. There was a murder in the clan. The murderer was unknown and they started to accuse me because I am a werewolf and imprison me. One night, Yifan came free me and we ran away together but we knew we can't run away from them. So Yifan told me to hide and he went to fight with them. But he got killed. They killed them. I have nowhere to go. And I came back to you because I thought at least you guys would welcome me with opened arms!" Luhan cried.

And everyone in the room seemed froze.

"I think you need to rest." Minseok said.

"Let's go to room." Minseok helped Luhan to go to upstairs.

The others left the room and went back to whatever they were doing before. Leaving only four persons in the living room. Baekhyun gave Sehun a glare and went to his room. Chanyeol quickly followed him. 

Sehun exhaled a big sigh and sat down on the sofa. 

"Sehun...." Jongin called softly but there was no reply. So he touched his shoulder. But his action was unexpected. Sehun grabbed his wrist and snarled at him. Jongin was shocked and looked at him with wide eyes, fear can be seen in those eyes.

"J..Jongin.. ...I'm...I.....I didn't mean to...."

Sehun covered his face with his both hands and sighed.

"I'm sorry but can you please leave me alone." he said behind his hands. 

"Sorry..." Jongin murmured and quickly walked out of the house.

 

 

 

"Who is Luhan? What is Luhan to Sehun? Who is he to make ever calm Sehun to anger like that? Sehun even snarled at Jongin because of him." 

Jongin's heart hurt a little at that thought. His cheeks felt wet too so he touched his cheeks.

"Tears. Am I crying? Ashhh. Stupid. Why are you crying? Are you crazy? There is nothing to cry!" 

He thought and wiped his tears. Then he noticed his surrounding. He was surrounded by trees. He didn't know how he got here. He was in deep thoughts when he walked out of the house and didn't noticed where he was going. He didn't know how to go back. It was dark and he couldn't see anything. He didn't have his phone with him too. The only faint light he got was coming from the half moon. 

Jongin started to walk slowly to the way which he thought was the way to home. At least, he should give a try, even if he didn't know the real way,right?

After walking a few minutes, he heard a branch breaking sound. He stopped and looked around. He bit his thumb and wrapped his one arm around his body. Suddenly something passed beside him. Making him shivered in fear. He now was scared.

 

 

 

Sehun was already calmed down when Kyungsoo called him to eat dinner. He looked at Luhan who looked depressed.

"Are you feeling okay now, Lu? he asked. Luhan nodded him with a smile. 

Baekhyun entered into the dinning room with a stern face and sat beside Chanyeol. He then looked at the table.

"Where is Jongin? " 

"Isn't he in the room with you?" Junmyeon said.

"No. He didn't come to room." Baekhyun frowned.

"Where is Jongin?" This time he asked looking at Sehun.

"I....I don't.. ...know..."

"You don't know? He stayed with you when I went in to the room! Now, where is he?!" Baekhyun yelled at him.

Sehun widened his eyes.

 

 

 

Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol went out to search Jongin in the wood. They tried to smelt his scent but the scent was too faint to smell and all over the place looked like the wind carried it away. 

"Jongin?! Jongin?! Do you hear? Where are you?" Baekhyun shouted worriedly.

He then turned to Sehun and asked  "What did you do to Jongin? Don't lie. I know you did something. "

"I ......I snarled at him. "

"What?" he asked in disbelief.

"My mind was so complicated at that time and didn't notice that I snarled at him. When I did notice, he looked afraid. And I told him to leave me alone. " he said in guilty.

"I won't forgive you if something happened to him." Baekhyun hissed at him.

"I think we have to search separately. That way we can find him quickly. " Chanyeol said and dragged Baekhyun to other way

Sehun sighed and started to search Jongin again. Suddenly the wind blew to sehun's direction carrying a familiar scent.

"Jongin....." 

Sehun quickly ran to the direction of the scent.

 

 

 

A shadow ran passed him again and something breathe out the cold air on his neck. He looked his side but saw nothing. He was so scared that he can't even take a step to move or run. He just wanted to cry. He heard footsteps walking around the trees near him. But the sound of the footsteps stopped on his left side. He gulped and slowly looked at his left. 

There are three pairs of red eyes looking at him hungrily. He then heard footsteps on his right side too.

He closed his eyes, crouching down to the ground, and covered his ears.

"No no no. These are just my imagination. This is because I was sacred. May be they are just bats. Yes. Bats. They are bats."

Tears are already streaming down on his face. 

"What if they are bad vampires? Are they going to kill me and drink my blood? Am I going to die like this? 

He heard footsteps getting near to him. He also thought he heard a voice calling his name. But he didn't dare to open his eyes or ears. So he continued to closed his eyes and ears tightly. 

Suddenly someone  grabbed his shoulders. 

"No! Don't kill me please!" he yelled and tried to shake the hand.

"Jongin! Jongin!" 

Jongin shook his head.

"No! Please! Let me go!" 

"It's me, Jongin! It's me, Sehun." Sehun shook his shoulders. Jongin stopped.

"Sehun?" Jongin opened his eyes to see but his view was blurred by his tears. He blinked a few time to see a worried looking Sehun.

"Sehun...." he called and hugged his neck. Sehun hugged him back in relief. 

"I..I was scared...ahhhh....." Jongin cried out loud and Sehun hugged him tighter.

"...do you know? Why did you come now? ..I was alone.. ..I was so  afraid.. .. ....." his tears can't seem to stop.

"I am sorry, Jongin. So sorry. I'm so sorry. It's my fault........ My fault. I'm sorry. Sorry....Sorry....sorry....sorry....."

Sehun chanted while holding the back of Jongin's head with one hand and other wrapping protectively around his body. Jongin continued to wail on his shoulder.

"It's okay now. It's okay. I found you. You are safe with me now.... Don't cry.....don't cry......hush...hush...." Sehun whispered to him.

Jongin's wails subsided to hiccups after some time. Sehun helped him to stand up and pulled him away to look at his face.

"Don't disappear like that again. You worried me to death. Do you hear me? " Sehun wiped the tears on Jongin's face.

"I worried you to death? Why?" he asked.

"I.... I was worried because I was afraid. "

"Afraid? Why?" he asked again.

"I...I was afraid.. ...because.. .... I thought you ran away from me. Because I thought you were afraid of me. Because I thought.. ...I....I lost you....."

Jongin kissed him. Sehun looked at him with surprise in his eyes. Jongin pulled away with a shy smile.

"Don't snarl at me again like that. You looked scary." he said with a pout."

Sehun shook himself from his daze.

"I won't do that again. But let's go home now." Sehun said quietly with a smile. 

"Come on. I'll give you a piggyback ride." Sehun turned his back to him and crouch down for him to climb. Jongin climbed on to his back, joining his hands around his neck.

 

 

 

 

They were quiet on their way home. 

"I love you" Jongin whispered, making Sehun stopped in his track

"J...Jongin,  I ..I.....think....I...."

"No. Don't say anything. Don't. I'm just telling because I don't want to keep in myself anymore. I just want you to know. Not because I want you to return my feeling. "

Jongin thought Sehun would let it pass like that but Sehun started to talk.

"When I was sixteen, I had liked someone. I liked, no, loved that person so much that I only looked at him. I could only see him and followed him everywhere he went. I protected him from everything I thought that would hurt him. I thought....... that one day, may be one day, ........he would finally see me. I believed that one day , he would turn around and look at the boy who was always behind him. That one day....... we would be the one for each other. I always believed that he would return my feeling.. .." he sighed.

"I believed.. ..."love" .......if I give love, I would get back as much as I gave." he then laughed at himself.

"I was wrong. All the things I believed were wrong. One day, he came to me and said that he met his other half, his mate. But .....that's not me...... and he left..... He left everything behind for his mate.....he left me and all the things we had together.. ....he left me brokenhearted. "

"so that's what Luhan for Sehun." Jongin thought.

"That's when I understand that love means even if you give all of you, you would not get back even the half amount of you gave." Sehun said. 

"Sehun-ah, love does not include giving, taking, receiving, expecting or returning. You can't define love. ..... You just need to love. When you come to truly love someone, you just love......you will think about nothing.. .... you will only know and you can only think that you love them......no matter what it is or what they are. I think love is just ......."Love". There is no definition. It's ...."pure ".. .. like that."

"Love is just love......." Sehun muttered.

"Immhmm. Ahh! My eyes are heavy." he changed the topic.

"I think I cried too much that I felt sleepy now." Jongin laughed.

"Then sleep." 

"Okay. But what if you dropped me down when I fell asleep because I am heavy? " he said jokkingly.

"Should I?" Sehun joked back, pretending to drop him down. Jongin laughed. 

"Don't let me down, please." he said quietly while tightening his jointed hands around Sehun's neck and closed his eyes. 

"Don't worry. I will never let you down." Sehun replied softly.

"Promise? " Jongin yawned.

"Promise. " Sehun said.

 

 

Can he be able to keep his promise? 

No one knows.

One sure thing is they both didn't know what's waiting for them in near future. 

 

 

A/n- This chapter is hard ≧◔◡◔≦ Sorry for mistakes and typos. Have fun(>‿◠)✌ @blooddragon-shi, you are so smart 👍👍👍 @kamisan-shi, what do you think this story? I was waiting your comment 😁😁 @sognatore-xo-shi, sorry but we do need luhanᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ and thank you, other commenters, subscribers and readers too. Love you guys<3<3 see you in next chapter ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)