Chapter 12: Dying

Don't Let Me Down

Chanyeol and Yixing didn't let anyone enter the room where they were trying to save Jongin. Sehun has been sitting outside that room like a statute and he looked miserable. Baekhyun took a seat beside his cousin and said 

"Don't worry...... They will save him. I'm sure of that"

But he didn't get any response and he didn't expect any.

The door to the room opened to reveal a tired Chanyeol a few moments later.

Sehun got up quickly from the floor and looked at him expectantly. 

​​​"How is he? Is he fine? Please tell me he is fine.... please. Tell me that he is alive. Please."

Sehun asked in pleading voice and Chanyeol sighed.

"Yes, he is alive........ but not completely."

"What do you mean ' not completely ' ​​​​? I...... I don't understand."

"Sehun..... Jongin was stabbed too deep. It was fortunate that the knife missed his heart. But that knife was poisoned. The one which was strong enough to kill a wolf. So it was too poisonous for him. A mere human. And we can barely save him. He could die in anytime."

Sehun's eyes went wide at Chanyeol's words.

"Can't we change him?" Baekhyun asked quietly.

"No. We can't. It would only make it worse. He would not be able to bear the change and that would be the end of him."

​​​​​"No!.... no...no..no..... He.... he can't be dead..... please.. .... please, save him. Please....."

Sehun couldn't even stand on his feet anymore and fell on his knees. Chanyeol grabbed and shook his shoulders.

"Sehun!..... listen..... if we want to save Jongin...... if we want Jongin alive, we needs antidote. We needs someone who will give us antidote."

"Antidote? Someone?"

"Yes"

"Where? Where do I have to find that someone? What do I have to do? Tell me?" Sehun asked desperately. 

"Witches from north, Sehun....."

"What?!........" Sehun gasped.

"No.... Chanyeol...... They would never help us. You know that...... You know. Witches from north are too arrogant. They despise all wolves and vampires.....! How do we ask them to help?!....."

"But we can't help, Sehun....... This is the only way that can save Jongin......"

"Then I'll go...... I'll plead them to help......"

Chanyeol shook his head.

"No. Sehun, we have to take Jongin there. The antidote has to make according to one's condition. And I alone will take Jongin there. Like you said, those witches hate wolves so you better not come with us."

"But...."

"I myself is a wizard and Jongin is a human. We would be okay, Sehun. Don't worry."

Sehun nodded and asked

"When will you leave?"

"Now"

'Can...... can you give me sometime with him?"

"Be quick. We have to hurry."

 

 

 

Sehun opened the door slowly and saw Yixing sitting beside the bed. When he entered the room, Yixing patted his shoulder quietly and got out of the room. 

Sehun walked to the bed. Jongin lied there looking like a broken doll. And knowing that's all because of him hurts the most. 

"Jongin.... babe..... I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry.... I'm sor....."

He couldn't stop the tears anymore. Jongin looked so pale and dead. The only thing that made Sehun believed that he's still alive was his faint breathing. 

He dropped a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Babe..... I still have so many things I want to say you. So please, babe, you have to comeback to me. Okay? I will be waiting for you."

Someone knocked the door and he heard Chanyeol's voice from the other side.

"Sehun, we need to go."

Then Sehun kissed Jongin's lips for the last time.

 

Sehun never knew that it would be the last time he'd see Jongin. 

 

 

 

A/n- okay. A short update. I will try to update more in future. But you know school and exams are happening. So please try to bear with me. Thank you for saying that you guys still want to read my story. Thank you. Really thank you.