chapter eighteen

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora's POV

"He's never going to come around." I say whilst shoving my book into my locker. I try to close the door but everything within falls to the floor creating a huge mess.

I drop to my knees and start cleaning the mess. I'm on the verge of a nervous break down. I haven't slept all night because my mind is worrying about Jongin. I want to believe that he's just mad at me. That he's not over me but I can feel that he's not only just mad. He's really hurt. I don't want to know if he's in pain. I cannot deal with the guilt.

As I'm desperately scrambling to clean my books, the front door opens and in walks Jongin. He doesn't look upset at all. He looks happy. When people come up and say hi he smiles and says hi back. There's no trace of him being mad.

When our eyes meet, everything changes. He goes from happy to pissed in a second.

I finish picking my books up and manage to put the mess in my locker before running after him.

"Jongin wait up!" I call. He turns around and glares at me but I shrug it off.

"Jongin, can we talk. Please." I say out of breath. Jongin rolls his eyes and continues to walk. I keep up with him but he has pretty long legs so I have speed walk.

"Would you just give me a minute to speak. I'm desperate."

"Me too. There's something I need to tell you too. Meet me after school in the practice room." Jongin smiles.

"What really?" I ask. He nods. "Don't forget."

He walks away and I can't help but feel all happy. He's finally giving me a chance to tell him how I feel. I can't wait. Everything's falling slowly into place.

***

It's after school and I'm starting to freak out. I've been worrying all day about it. What I'll have to say needs to genuine. He needs to know how sorry I feel.

I walk over to the practice room but hesitate to open the door. Jongin is dancing in the middle of the room. He looks like he doesn't want to be disturbed so I decide to watch for a while.

It's crazy how amazing of a dancer he is. The way his body moves to the flow of the song is something unnatural. I hope one day I can dance with him.

I'm about to open the door when suddenly I hear a cry from Jongin. He collapses to the floor holding his waist in pain making my eyes widen in shock. Immeditely I swing the door open and I drop to his side.

"Jongin! Are you okay?" I reach for him but he flinches away. 

"Don't touch me." He spits out.

"Jongin, you're hurt. This isn't the time for you to be angry at me."

He groans, curling into himself. "Just go, I know how my body works. This will pass."

"Jongin...please just let me help you."

"No, I'm fine. See?" He tries to get up collapses into my arms.

", why is this happening to me?" He's holding desperately onto my shoulder.

"Hey, let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter