chapter five

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's POV

I watch as Baekhyun and Joonmyeon drag an annoyed Chanyeol out of the living room down to his basement to practice before he could potentially kill his sister. I turn to Sora to see she had a smile on her face.

"What's with the smile?" I ask curiously.

She shrugs. "Wanna go on a walk?" She was still smiling as she gets up from the couch. I nod my head before grabbing my jumper.

"Sora, can we talk?" I just closed the front door and was walking silently behind her. She turns her head to me and gives me a nod.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I watch as Sora fiddles with her fingers and kicks a rock every few steps.

Just looking at her makes me nervous. I don't know why, but she has this unusual effect on me. She wasn't even doing something that amazed me. She was just being herself, and I liked that a lot.

"Sora," I speak whilst grabbing her hands and stopping her from walking any further, "I know I might have scared you and came off strong, but I-I really like you. You're different from any other girl I've met before and I've never been rejected either. I really like you and I'm not just saying that because you're my best-friends sister. I don't even care if you're Chanyeol's sister."

She furrows her eyebrows. "Then what? Do you think that makes a difference?" 

I shake my head, "No but-" 

"But nothing Kai," Sora speaks as she cut me off. "I'm just not ready, can't you accept that? I like you too but I don't need a boy in my life right now."

It feels like my heart shattered in a million pieces. Especially when she called me Kai. She doesn't want me at all and I suddenly realized that I'd have to fight for her trust.

"Sora-"

"Kai I know it hurts but I just can't. Just stop trying because I'm not gonna fall for you."

Sora pushes past me and runs into her house leaving me heartbroken and wondering if Sora would ever want me as much as I wanted her.

***

Sora's POV

I must be crazy. I must be out of my mind. Why? Because I rejected Jongin again. I pushed him away when he was only trying to make me feel special. He wants to be there for me but I have this feeling that I just can't be with him in that way. He can't be my boyfriend even though I want him to so bad. I'm trying to act like it doesn't phase me, but it does. I have this wall that protects me from guys that I'm just not ready to let Jongin in. 

I crawl onto my bed and push my earphones in and press play. Don't Wake Me Up by Chris Brown starts to play and I quietly start to sing.

I can feel the bed sinking in beside me and my right earphone being pulled out of my ear. I didn't even bother to look because I knew it was Chanyeol. 

"Are you alright?" His voice was low, almost a whisper. I nod my head but inside I knew I was just lying to myself.

"I know you're lying." Chanyeol mumbles.

I turn to look at him to see he was staring up at the ceiling. He starts to sing along with the song.

So much life in the city, you won't believe.
Been awake for some days now, no time to sleep.

"How can you tell?" I turn to my side and stare into his brown eyes that were identical to mine.

"Because you're just like me. When your sad or frustrated you listen to rnb. I've known you long enough Sora too know these little things."
I let out a long sigh and tug the earphone out.

"I guess you caught me."

"So spill. What's the problem?" Chanyeol sits up on his elbows after pulling his earphone out.
"I don't know. It's embarrassing Yeol." I let my head fall onto my pillow so Chanyeol couldn't see that I was blushing.

"I'm your brother. You can tell me anything." He urged. I roll my eyes but notice that Chanyeol was actually being serious.

"Sora, come on, I won't judge you."

"I know that, but I feel like it's really silly. I'm not even sure how I'm feeling about all of it."

"What ever it is, if it has to do with Jongin, you can still tell me."

I stare at him with a blank expression. "How did you know it was about him?"

"Because when he left here he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter