- The Note

The White Pearl

The sun rose and the house was lit from the sunlight. Byul and Suho were still laying on the couch asleep. The ray of light and the sound of birds chirping woke Suho up. He used his left hand to rub his eyes and felt someone laying close to him. He turned and noticed Byul was still sleeping with her arm around him. He couldn't help but smile at her sleeping soundly in his arms. He gently kissed her cheek and hugged her as if he wanted time to stop at that moment. Suho saw the sunlight beaming on her face, he turned her so that she faced him and not towards the sun. He kept looking at her as she slept and when she slowly opened her eyes, she caught him staring at her. He smiled at her, "you're awake."

"How long have you been awake?" Byul asked. "Just a moment ago." He answered.

"Sleep a bit more, I'm going to go make breakfast." Byul replied and got up. Suho pulled her back to the couch again, "Let's sleep together like this a little bit more." She smiled at him but got out of his embrace again. She went to wash her face and made some breakfast. As Byul was frying some eggs, Suho was laying on the couch watching her with a loving stare as if they were a newly married couple. Suho got up and went to wash his face; he walked out to the kitchen when he noticed the plates of food was on the table but Byul was not there. He looked around but couldn't find her; feeling uneasy and restless he called her name and there was no response. Until the front door opened and she walked back inside the house. "Did you call me?" She asked him as she walked towards him, he let out a sigh of relief and pulled her into another hug. "What's wrong?" Byul asked. "Nothing," He responded. The other members walked into the house and caught them hugging.

"Ahh hyung! Don't do this in front of me. My innocent eyes." Sehun complained and the two broke from their hug. Tao lightly smacked him, "is this the first time you've seen a hug?" The members walked in chuckling at Sehun's cute complaint. "Maybe he's just jealous that Byul is with Suho." Kris chimmed in with the teasing. "yeah I'm jealous! so what? Byul used to be with the three of us all the time until Suho hyung came along." Sehun responded back, mentioning the three (Tao, Kai, and himself). Chen patted him on the back, "it's okay, hyung will hang out with you." "I don't want you. I want Byul." Sehun refused and ran over to Byul. Byul laughed, "We're still the crew, don't worry. I won't leave you three. We're buddies." Byul assured. Kai and Tao joined over and pushed Suho away; their hands on each other's shoulders. "The four of us are a team. Mess with one means you're messing with all of us." Kai stated. The other laughed at the weird declaration.

The members gathered around to eat breakfast; it was a lot better than before. There was smiles and laughter here and there, but it made Byul think about her brother who was still in the hospital. "I want to visit my brother later." Byul said. The members looked at Byul and nodded, "sure, we'll go with you." "It's okay, I can go by myself." She assured them. After breakfast, Byul got ready to head to the hospital, Suho decided to drive Byul there but left after he dropped her off since the members had to plan what to do. Byul didn't do much but talked and stayed by her brother's side until Suho came back to get her.

D.O and Chen led the other members in making dinner for Byul before she came back. It took them a while since the members were fooling around a bit but the food was ready by the time Byul came home. Suho asked the doctor how Taeyang was doing and the doctor responded telling him everything is fine but its up to Taeyang now to wake up. Suho thought Byul would be upset hearing that so he suggested they go on an ice cream date after dinner.

At the dinner table, Byul tried to make sure the members weren't worried about her. Then she heard and felt someone at the front door of her house; she instantly dropped her utensils and ran to the door and opened it. The members were shocked at Byul's actions and got up just in case something was going to happen. Byul looked around the front, but no one was there. She looked on the doorway pavement and noticed a note was left on the ground; she bent down and picked it up.

"What is it?" Lay asked as he walked over. "I don't know," Byul replied. The two read it together.

"Let's end this early; exactly one week from today, we will meet at the same spot that the battle happened 100 years ago. If you don't want innocent people dead, better be there at 5pm. -Yoona" Lay read out loud. The members looked at each other and knew the worse is about to come. Byul didn't say anything and walked back to the dinner table to finish eating. As she was eating, her expression had changed, she wasn't smiling anymore. "Byul are you okay?" Baekhyun who sat beside her asked patting her shoulder. Byul's eyes glared at the note that Lay was holding, "The time really has come. I will definitely get her back for the things she's done to my family." Byul responded with a threatening voice, which kind of scared the members.

After dinner, the members told Byul to take a shower while the members help clean up. As they were cleaning up Lay sat at the table worried. Chanyeol who saw Lay's worried expression walked over and asked, "hyung, what's wrong?" Lay looked at Chanyeol, "you probably know what this final battle means right?" Lay asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol sat down next to Lay; Baekhyun and Luhan who was also done their tasks sat down as well. "We know what it means. We may survive and EXO planet is protected, or we lose our lives and EXO planet comes into Chaos' hands." Luhan answered. The members nodded, Lay also added, "and we may lose Byul regardless of the outcome." From Lay's one sentence, everyone stopped what they were doing and dropped their heads slightly. Byul who finished showering was standing near the stairs and overheard their conversation.

Byul smiled and walked downstairs, "I'll be fine. As long as everyone is safe, it doesn't matter what happens to me." Suho walked over and held her hand staring at her with sad eyes. "What's wrong? Saving the planet is our duty." She smiled widely. The members weren't smiling, but she was right; their duty was to protect the planet from evil. "Aside from protecting the planet, we also need to protect the White Pearl; and the pearl is you." Suho replied. "Then I will be fine." She assured him, "you guys promise me you will survive and live happily and I will promise you that the pearl will be okay." She pointed to herself when refering to the pearl. The members all nodded. "Pinky promise!" Tao said and ran over sticking his pinky finger up. Byul laughed and pinky promised him.

It was around 9pm, "Let's go home. Byul must be tired." Kris said as he yawned while sitting on the couch. "Oh let's go." Xiumin agreed. "Will you be staying here with Byul or go back to your place with us, Suho hyung?" D.O asked."I'll stay here. I don't think its safe for her to stay here alone." Suho answered. "I'm okay, you should go back home." Byul interrupted. Suho glared at her telling her to not object; Byul looked away. "ah... Byul would be safe on her own. With Suho hyung around...she might not be so safe." Baekhyun and Chanyeol teased laughing out loud. Suho smacked the two on the head and told them to stop speaking nonsense. Byul had no idea what they were talking about and looked extremely confused. "You don't know what they meant?" Chen asked in surprise. Byul gave Chen a clueless look. "Think about it!" Chen teased and also got smacked by Suho. "Hurry up and leave!" Suho rushed them out the door. "Be careful, he may be a sweet guy but he's a guy regardless." Xiumin joined in with the teasing. Suho pushed them out of the door, closed the door and turned to look at Byul who laughed awkwardly; she finally knew what they were talking about. The door bell rang again and Suho opened the door, "What now?" he asked. "We brought your stuff just in case you were going to stay here again." Luhan said and gave Suho a dufflebag full of clothes. "You guys probably turned my house into your living space now right?" Suho asked. The members laughed, "hyung, when you come home... you'll be totally surprised!" Sehun said leaving Suho to think what he meant by that. The members left and Suho went to place his dufflebag in Taeyang's room that he would be using; the room was just beside Byul's room.

He walked back downstairs and asked, "Byul ah, do you want to eat ice cream?" Byul was watching some TV and turned to face Suho and replied, "There should be some in the freezer." Suho walked over to the freezer and took out two ice cream bars and gave one to Byul as he sat down next to her. The two ate their ice cream while watching TV. As Byul was eating ice cream Suho kept trying to steal a bite from her bar, Byul pouted, "You have your own!" Suho giggled at her cute complaint and stopped trying. Byul grinned and eventually gave into Suho and let him eat some of hers.