- Byul's Secret

The White Pearl

D.O and Sehun arrived at Taeyang's company and was informed by the secretary they would have to wait a little bit since Taeyang was currently in a meeting with his clients. D.O and Sehun sat in the lobby area until they were called in.

"Mr. Han, two people by the name Do Kyung Soo and Oh Sehun have come to meet you." Taeyang's secretary said when Taeyang walked back to his office from the meeting lounge. "Did they say why they wanted to meet me?" Taeyang asked and placed his documents down on his desk and took seat in his chair. 

"They said it was important and really needs to see you today." The secretary responded. "Tell them to come in then" Taeyang instructed and the secretary did what she was told. D.O and Sehun were led to Taeyang's office. As they entered, Taeyang was seen signing and looking over some documents. 

"Hyung, how have you been?" The two asked when they walked in. "Not bad. Take a seat, I will be with you in a moment." Taeyang answered. After finishing up some documents he came over and sat down with them, "Do you need anything to drink?" Taeyang offered. Even though he lost some trust towards EXO, he still had some lingering friendly feelings towards them. "It's okay hyung, we just have something to ask you." Sehun replied.

"What is it?" Taeyang asked.

"Hyung, you and Byul are hiding something from us right?" D.O. asked. Taeyang faced D.O and replied, "What would we be hiding?"

"Sehun and I just don't get why Byul suddenly changed. She's often by herself and even if we try to get close to her she tries to distant herself from us." D.O. responded while Sehun nodded a couple of times.

"There's nothing wrong. Byul told me she's okay." Taeyang answered trying to make them stop asking him.

"Hyung please tell us. If you don't want us to tell the others then we won't. We really care about Byul so her problems are ours." Sehun begged.

"I can tell that you guys care for her; I can only tell you this, Byul has released the power of the White Pearl. She has been suffering everynight in order to control it. Today is her final day in which she must endure it. After that she'll be able to control her power." Taeyang said honestly. "As for the reason why she's staying away from you guys, I can't say."

The two wanted to know everything but Taeyang didn't want to break his promise with Byul about keeping the other journal entry secret.

"I see you all are still hanging out with Yoona." Taeyang stated changing the subject. Sehun and D.O. looked at each other and then back at Taeyang.

"We're trying to find out what Yoona has been up to. We know she's not the same person as the one we all know before. She's definitely hiding something." said D.O.

"I have also been watching her from afar. I can just tell you she's up to no good." replied Taeyang and folded his arms; he has been spying on her and sharing information about her with Byul. Byul wanted to keep things secretive until they have enough evidence to expose her.

"hyung have you found out about something?" They both asked interested.

"I will tell you when I gather enough evidence." Taeyang replied.

D.O. and Sehun left the office after and they decided to come everyday until Taeyang would tell them everything.

----

It has been a few days and the members have been seeing Byul and Chaos talk quite a few times. Sometimes the members would just show up and fight them, but then ignore Byul. "You've been quite open lately Byul." Suho said to Byul one day. Byul who was annoyed at the fact she's been trying to get back the pearl by herself replied, "I'm disappointed in all of you. I don't see you make an effort to take back the pearl."

"We've been trying, its just everytime we see you, our motivation just drains." Suho replied. Byul was hurt by his words and tried to smile swallowing her tears.

After arriving home, D.O. tried to persuade the members to think the opposite direction. "Don't you think it's weird that we encounter Byul and Chaos way too often? Like everyday, same time, same place without fail." D.O. said to the EXO members.

"She's probably doing it on purpose to trigger us." Suho said still angry and upset with Byul.

"No Suho hyung, if Byul was really joining hands with Chaos, they would've already killed us all. Also, Byul wouldn't be stupid to always meet in public at the same time like that." Sehun replied. The members dismissed all D.O. and Sehun's claims because in their mind, what they saw was the truth.

"I can't believe you guys even call yourselves the guardians of the planet when you can't even trust someone who has helped us out so much." D.O said disappointed and left the table. Sehun followed and shook his head in disbelief.

"They do have a point." Baekhyun said. "Isn't way too coincidental?" Chanyeol asked also being swayed.

"If that's the case, Yoona would be the one lying." Kris responded. The members looked at each other and was totally confused as to what and who to believe.

----

D.O. and Sehun have been constantly showing up at Taeyang's office everyday. They have been trying to get information and Taeyang was a little annoyed but was glad they cared about Byul. At least 2 people out of the 12 trusted Byul and are seeking for the truth to clear Byul's name.

"Hyung. We need to know in order to protect Byul." D.O begged again. He's been begging Taeyang for days and with Sehun aslso begging, its effectiveness on Taeyang doubled.

Taeyang sighed, "You have to keep it a secret, Byul's going to kill me if she finds out you two know this." The two nodded and promised to have their lips sealed. Taeyang proceeded to tell the two the truth behind the White Pearl's energy in Byul's body.

"There is a chance that Byul will have to remove her powers in the future to help you guys protect the planet. However, to remove the powers she's going to have to sacrifice herself." D.O. and Sehun's eyes widened in shock, they couldn't believe what they are hearing. "Byul has been trying to avoid you all because the lesser the feelings you guys have for her, the easier it is for you guys to forget her.  When I found out I tried to pull her away and not let you guys know about her but she chose to go down this path. Even though you all doubted her and misunderstood her, she's still keeping her promise of protecting you guys and the planet. I could only support and hopefully find an alternative way to save her." Taeyang continued.

"There must be a mistake right hyung?" Sehun asked with a sad look. "I wish it was a mistake, but Suho's grandpa had written it down on another journal entry. Byul gave you guys the first entry but hid the other because it contains the consequences of her power." Taeyang replied sighing. D.O. slumped back onto the chair and closed his eyes. He didn't want to believe it and was in pain thinking about what might happen to Byul.

The two walked back to Suho's house with looks of despair. Their footsteps were heavy, "hyung, what are we going to do? Our poor Byul, I feel so sad." Sehun said holding back his tears. "She's been hiding that fact behind her smiling face for months."  D.O. didn't say anything but his eyes were also red. "Byul ah... how much are you suffering?" he thought to himself.

When the two entered Suho's house, the members were all talking amongst themselves and smiling along with Yoona making both Sehun and D.O. mad. They were thinking how the members could possibly be so happy when someone who used to be laughing is now suffering. D.O. looked at Suho who was talking to the members, "If you can't take care of Byul, I will. Hyung, I gave you too many chances but you blew it all." D.O. thought.

"Oh D.O. oppa, Sehun ah, when did you guys come in?" Yoona greeted all happy. D.O. and Sehun didn't say a word and the two went straight into the bedroom and slammed the door causing the members to look at each other in confusion.