- Beside Us The Whole Time

The White Pearl

Byul and her family finished dinner before Suho came over to pick her up. He called her asking if she was ready and that he'll be over in 10 mins. Suho arrived at Byul's house and he decided to drop by and greet Byul's family since he hasn't had a chance to. "You could've just texted me when you arrived," Byul said as she opened the front door. Taeyang who took the day off from work to look after Byul, stared at Suho who greeted him at the door. Taeyang, after hanging out with EXO for three months, knew Suho wasn't a bad person, he was responsible and caring so having him also taking care of Byul wasn't bad.

"Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Kim Junmyeon, but people call me Suho." Suho introduced himself with a bow to Byul's dad and grandpa. "Ahh so you're Suho. What a fine young man you are." Byul's dad complimented Suho. "Your grandpa was handsome like you back then." said Byul's grandpa. "You know my grandpa?" Suho asked in surprise and Byul's grandpa nodded with a smile. "He was a great friend of mine."

Suho leaned over and whispered to Byul who was standing beside him, "Looks like we were meant to be together." Byul slapped Suho's arm in embarrassment. "Appa, Grandpa I'm going to Suho oppa's house. Got to discuss things." Byul said. "Be careful. Suho ah, take care of her; she can be stubborn at time but is a good kid." Grandpa said. "I will grandpa." replied Suho and both headed for the door. 

"How does your grandpa know my grandpa?" Suho asked while driving. "I'll tell you when we get to your house." Byul answered; she wanted to talk to everyone since it was something they all needed to know. Suho's cellphone rang, it was a call from Tao. "Hyung, where are you?" Tao asked. "I'm on my way home, I just picked up Byul. Are you guys already there?" Suho answered through his bluetooth device. "Yeah, we entered your house already." Tao continued, "Hyung, can you buy ice cream on your way home?" Sehun could be heard asking in the background. "What? Ice cream?" Suho clarified. "I want chocolate" "I want vanilla" could be heard from the members. Suho just laughed, "Okay okay, hyung will buy it." Suho said and the members could be heard cheering in excitement. "Such kids." Suho said as he hung up.

"I know a good place that sells good ice cream." Byul said. "Oh really? where?" Suho asked. Byul gave directions on where the convenient store that her brother and her always goes to. When they got to the store, Suho got off first and opened the door for Byul. He closed the car door and held Byul's hand. "Ahjumma. Byul is here." Byul said as Suho pushed the store door opened. "Aigo! Byul ah. It's been a long time." The store owner greeted and hugged Byul. "Who is this?" The owner asked as she hasn't seen him ever before. "Ah? him? he's a friend." Byul replied smiling. Suho looked at Byul with a dissatisfying look, "what? friend? how can you call your boyfriend a friend?" he said. Byul laughed at his cute angry face; she let go of Suho's hand and grabbed onto the owner's arm. "Ahjumma. We're here for ice cream." Byul said. "Really? Come here, I'll grab you your favourite one, Mint Chocolate Chip." The owner said and Byul's head. Byul didn't have a mother since she was young so everyone in the neighborhood would treat her like their own child. "What's your name?" The owner stopped walking and turned towards Suho. "I'm Suho." Suho introduced. The owner smiled and said it was nice to get to know him. Byul and Suho got 14 ice creams and headed home; Byul got one for her brother in which she'll give it to him later.

The two arrived at Suho's house and Suho and Byul held hands as they walked towards the front door. Suho opened the door and Kai, Tao and Sehun were running around playing. Sehun who didn't see that Suho had entered the house bumped into him when he was running. "Ah." He said and held his chest. Sehun's eyes widened as he saw the two holding hands. He pointed and gasped, "What is this?! You two...perhaps...are dating?!" Everyone turned and looked at Suho and Byul. D.O who stood beside Baekhyun tried to act like he wasn't hurt. Suho smiled, "So what if we're dating? Nothing going to change."

"Ohhh~~~!" Lay teased. Kris walked over, "someone has finally moved a rock after all these years! You did well Suho ya; it's good to move on." Kris patted Suho on the shoulder. "Move on?" Byul asked curiously. The members fell quiet and looked at each other. "You haven't told her yet?" Luhan asked. Byul looked around and the members were still wondering if it should be said or not. "I'll tell you about it." Sehun said and grabbed Byul's hand and headed to the couch. "Can I tell her? It's going to have to be said anyways to avoid future conflict." Sehun asked Suho for permission. "I'll tell her separately later." Suho said. "Byul said there's something important she wants to tell us."

"Oh by the way, here's your ice cream oppas." Byul said and waved a bag full in front of their faces. Within in seconds she was mobbed by them. "Leave the chocolate one and the mint chocolate chip for Byul. One is for Taeyang hyung." Suho said in case they were taken. The members sat around enjoying their ice cream before heading into the secret workroom to talk.

They entered the room and Byul took out Suho's grandpa's notebook. "Here, my brother already looked through it." She said and returned it to Suho. "Did Taeyang hyung manage to find anything?" Chanyeol asked. Byul looked at the members and nodded with a smile, "Oppa did find something." "What did he find?!" Kai asked interestingly. It has been forever since they received any new information. The last time they found something out was when they met Byul. Byul took out the entry from her bag. "Remember my grandpa said he was friends with your grandpa, Suho oppa?" Byul asked and Suho nodded. "Your grandpa gave this to my grandpa." said Byul and she handed over the first entry to Suho. "Is that.... the missing entry?!" Xiumin asked amazed. Suho quickly opened the entry and read it and when he was done he looked at Byul. Byul smiled, "I just found that out too. That's why I said you don't need to look for it anymore." Baekhyun took the entry from Suho's hand and read it out loud to the members. The members looked at Byul, "Byul ah, you and Taeyang hyung are...." Kai asked in shock. "We're the ones you've been looking hard for." Byul answered with a smile.

Suho looked at Byul; he had a feeling something else was missing. "Is this all there is to the entry?" Suho asked and Byul's eyes wavered but she remained calm. She turned and looked at Suho, "Nothing more. If you don't believe me, I can show you." Byul said offering her bag for the them to check. "Then the incident yesterday, did it have anything to do with this?" Suho asked still not convinced. "Eh oppa, why are you like this? It's nothing. Trust me." Byul said. "Oppas will always trust me right?" Byul asked looking at each member. The members nodded and smiled, "Of course we will always trust you. If we don't trust you, who else would we trust?" Lay replied. "How can we prove what Suho hyung's grandpa wrote is true?" D.O. asked. Byul told them to take out their stones and lay it on the table, each member went to the drawer in the back of the room and took out their own stones. Each placed their stone on the table in front of them on the round table. "The stones will shine when I use my powers," Byul said and she used her invisibility power. The moment she used it, the stones shined one by one. "Whoa.." The members exclaimed, "This is awesome!" Chen said picking up his stone and observing the color. Byul stopped using her powers and the stones stopped shining, "Do you believe it know?" Byul asked. The members nodded and smiled, "Oh my goodness! We've had the pearl beside us all along yet we didn't even know!" Tao said in excitement shaking Sehun who was standing next to him. "Calm down." Kris said coldly and everyone was silent but then broke the silence again, "This is awesome! WE FOUND IT!" Kris high fived Luhan and Chanyeol who were standing beside him.