- Today's Search

The White Pearl

Byul stopped running and sat in the ran on a bench outside a convenient store soaking wet and cold. She didn't have anything on her, she left the house without an umbrella, phone and wallet. Byul was basically a lost child at the moment, not knowing what to do.

Taeyang who have been wallking around the neighorhood searching for Byul was beginning to feel anxious. He was hoping she would not encounter anything like she did the other day. He took out his phone and decided to call the EXO members hoping she went to find them.

"Hello?" Kai answered his phone. "Kai ah, where are you?" Taeyang asked. "We're at Suho hyung's house Taeyang hyung." Kai replied. "DId Byul perhaps come by?" Taeyang asked hoping Kai would say yes so that he may feel a bit of ease. Kai looked at the members in a confused look, "No hyung, Byul is not here with us. Is something wrong?" The members hearing what Kai had just said turned and focused their gaze onto Kai. "Where could she have gone?" Taeyang said in worry. "Byul is missing?!" Kai exclaimed. EXO stood up from their seats and waited anxiously for Kai to tell them what was going on.

"Yeah, I can't find her." replied Taeyang. Kai put Taeyang on speaker phone since the members were trying to listen to the conversation. "Didn't she go home with you hyung?" Chen asked. "She did, but something happened at home and Byul left the house without anything." Taeyang said walking around in the rain worried. "Hyung, we'll head out and search for her. If we find her we'll contact you." Baekhyun said. Taeyang and Kai hung up; the members quickly grabbed umbrellas. Kris, Xiumin, Luhan and Chen decided to take the car and drive around the community whereas the rest decided to split up and search.

"Byul ah!" "Byul ah! "Han Byul! Where are you?!" The members ran around calling Byul's name. After a while the members met up, "Did you see her?" Sehun asked Kai, "No." Kai replied. "Neither do I" Chanyeol said in worried voice. "let's keep search, I'll go this way." Baekhyun said. "I'll head that way. Remember to call when you find her!" Lay yelled as he ran into the distance.

The rain was slowing down and the members still have not found Byul. Suho who was extremely worried decided to check every area in the neighborhood. D.O did the same. Suho stopped and stared ahead, he saw a familar looking lady sitting on the bench alone, he let out a sigh of relief and walked towards her. Byul who was sitting on the bench was shivering in the cold still in deep thought of what she must do in the future saw someone in the distance walking over. Because of the rain drops rolling down on her face, she blinked every few seconds trying to focus on who the person might be. When he came close enough in her range, it was Suho who was holding an umbrella.

"Suho oppa... how did you know I was here?" Byul said shivering and he knew she was cold from her trembling voice. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around her, "Look at you. How can you run around in the rain like this? What if you get sick?!" Suho scolded. Byul smiled weakly and mumbled, "this is nothing compared to what I just found out." "huh?" Suho asked and Byul shook her head saying she said nothing important. "Let's go, the others and your brother are still running around looking for you." Suho said and Byul stood up but her legs gave up and toppled over. Suho caught her from falling, "This won't do, hop on." He bent down and told her to hop onto his back and he'll piggyback her. "you're going to get wet." Byul replied. "Is that important right now?" He dismissed her statement. Suho gave his umbrella to her and piggybacked her home.

"I'll take you home." He said as he walked down the road. "I don't want to go home yet." Byul said. She hasn't been able to properly think, everything was happening so unexpectedly that she hasn't processed it. "I'll take you to my house then," Suho suggested and headed to his house instead. The rain had stopped when they reached his house. Once they got in, he had Byul sit on the couch while he rushed into his room to grab some towels and some dry clothes that Byul could change into temporarily.

"Byul ah, go to the washroom and dry yourself as well as change into this. You'll get sick if you don't." Suho said and handed over a towel and dry clothes. "Thank you oppa. You should also change." Byul said and headed towards the washroom.

Suho sent a message onto the group chat informing the others that he had found Byul and had taken her to his house. The members who were still searching read the text and was relieved. The members rushed over to Suho's house to check up on Byul. Suho called Taeyang and told him he had found Byul and that she didn't want to go home yet and decided to take her to his house first. Taeyang told Suho that he'll come pick her up when she has calmed down.

Suho's shirt was the only thing that was wet and decided to just change his shirt in the living room. He loooked at the washroom door and saw that Byul hasn't come out yet so he took off his shirt. Byul opened the door when he took off his shirt and both were shocked. Byul quickly closed the door and stayed in the washroom for a little longer; she saw Suho's abs, it was defined. Byul was embarrassed and so was Suho, he quickly changed, "I'm done, you can come out now." he told her. Byul slowly opened the door and walked out avoiding Suho's glaze.

Suho took Byul's wet clothes and hung it in the washroom for it to dry. Byul sat back down on the couch and the members rushed into the house. "Byul ah!" they yelled as they ran into the living room. "You got us so worried! What were you doing?!" Lay asked in anger. "We were running around like crazy trying to find you!" Chanyeol added. "I'm sorry." Byul apologized. The members sighed in relief, "don't do this again, it's not cool." Kris said. Suho walked out of the washroom, "you guys are here?" "where did you find her?" Luhan asked. "sitting in the rain near the convenient store down the road from our university." Suho replied. The members sat down and was glad Byul was found unhurt.

"Should we search today hyung?" Sehun asked. Byul who was looking at the members dropped her head and closed her eyes and bit her lip. "Today's search is cancelled. Not with Byul like this." Suho said. The members agreed.

"I'll go make some soup for you Byul." D.O. said and went into the kitchen. Chanyeol and Chen followed D.O to help. The others didn't know what to do or say; they wanted to know what had happened at home for Byul to run away, but they decided to let Byul tell them when she's ready. After a while, soup was ready and Byul was drinking it. The members watched her drink it and they smiled, happy that she was eating well. Byul looked around and felt touched as they were so caring. "How can I turn my back against these people?" Byul thought. It was around 8pm and everyone decided to go home to rest, they had a long day.