- Things Have Changed

The White Pearl

After lunch, the members and Byul headed back to their respective classes. Byul had promised to meet the others after school and head over to Suho's house; Byul had things she needed to tell them.

Class had finished and just when she was about to go head over to meet EXO, her brother called. "Oh oppa." Byul said when she picked up his call. "Are you done? do you want me to come pick you up?" Taeyang asked. "It's okay oppa, I have to meet up with some people." She rejected his offer. "EXO?" her brother replied. Byul was surprised but then again she's been out more often than she was back at Shinhwa. "Yeah." Byul answered. "Will you also be out tonight?" Taeyang continued asking. "Yeah oppa." she replied. "would it be okay if I join you? I want to see who they are that is keeping my sister from hanging out with her oppa." said Taeyang in a disappointed voice. Byul gigled, "I'm sure they will also want to meet you. I'll let them know." "really? does that mean I can hang out with my sister today along with her new friends?" he sounded a bit excited which made Byul laugh out loud at how her 25 year old brother can still be childish at times.

From afar, the EXO members can see her laughing while talking on the phone making them wonder who she was talking to. "I haven't seen her that happy before." Sehun said in an upset voice. "It's only been like a couple days since we've known her so its understandable if she's not so comfortable around us." Suho replied patting on the back.

Byul hung up and spotted the members waiting for her near the university's entrance gate; she quickly ran over. "Sorry I was busy talking on the phone." Byul apologized for making them wait. "Oh no its okay. It seemed like you were speaking happily over there so we didn't want to disrupt you." D.O. said in a jealous tone. "You're not perhaps jealous are you?" Byul said teasingly. "Ehh! who would be jealous?!" The members denied it in loud voices. Byul's expression changed to an embarrassed look, "You didn't have to say it out so loud." The members just stared at Byul quietly with a little bit of guilt until Byul clarified it was her brother whom she was talking to. "Oppa wants to meet you tonight." The members looked at one another not knowing what to say. "Why does he want to meet us?" Kai asked. "He said that he wants to know who you guys are that I've been neglecting him." Byul replied. "Also, you know who he is. He's one of us. I'm sure he'll help you as much as he can. Also it seems like we're running into them (chaos) quite often." Byul explained convincing them that her brother and her are there to help. The members agreed to meet her brother that night trusting her that what she said is true. 

When they reached Suho's house Kris reminded her that she had something to tell them about their powers. Everyone sat in the living room like they were having a family talk. "I'm sure you guys are well aware that your powers wear off quickly when you use them on Chaos." Byul started off and the members nodded because it's true. "Well it's possible to have your powers not wear off quickly," said Byul. "How?" Chanyeol asked interested. "You all know that I have my 'power weakening and strengthing' power. As long as I stay beside you guys, the longer your powers last when you use it on others." Answered Byul. "Just have you by our side and that's it?" Luhan asked in surprise at how easy it was. Byul nodded. With Byul around, they have been learning a lot about their powers however they were still unable to find the White Pearl. 

Night fell and the EXO and Byul were about to head out. Byul's phone rang when they left they the house. "Hi oppa" Byul answered her phone. "Where are you?" Taeyang asked as he was about to leave the house to find Byul. "We are heading to the park near Shinhwa University" answered Byul as she and the members started walking. "Okay i'll meet you there." Taeyang said and hung up; he was worried about his sister encountering Chaos again and since it has just started, EXO were still rookies in fighting. Although Taeyang was also new at this he thought the more people around the more Byul would be safe. 

Taeyang walked towards the park near Shinhwa and he noticed a group of people walking around; he looked closely and he saw a girl with long hair wearing a cap and casual clothing. From one glance he knew right away it was his sister. He ran over to her thinking about trying to scare her; Byul who could sense her brother's powers turned around before he could do anything. "Oppa!" Byul greeted him happily. "My dongsaeng's powers are too strong, I can't even do anything without being caught" Taeyang said sadly when his tactics failed. Byul smiled, "Oppa, it's okay. I rarely use my powers but since I need to protect myself I have to use it often" "you know your limits, you should be careful" Taeyang reminded her and pinched her cheeks and said, "You have been coming home late these days young lady. Since when have you begun ignoring me?" Byul pushed her brother's hands away and rubbed her cheeks. 

The EXO members spotted Taeyang and walked over. "Hi," they greeted. Taeyang greeted back with a simple wave, "you 12 must be EXO" the members introduced themselves and Byul told them her brother's age in which he's the same age as Xiumin, Luhan and Kris. "That means the rest of us has to call you hyung" Chen said politely. "Is that okay?" Baekhyun asked. "Calling me hyung is okay" Taeyang replied. "So we heard that you wanted to meet us" Xiumin said and asked if there was something he wanted to say to them. "There's nothing like that. I just want to join you guys because I'm worried for my sister. After hearing her almost being attacked by a Chaos made me worried." Replied Taeyang and the members agreed. "We also want to protect Byul. So hyung joining us would be great. But hyung must promise us not to say anything about us and what we're doing at night" said Suho. 

"It seems like Chaos is coming at us more often now." Tao said looking a bit worried. "Don't you think they'll show up again tonight?" D.O asked. Everyone was silent and just when D.O. asked, Chaos showed up and threw their first attack without any warning. Everyone was pushed to the side by the force "Byul ah stand behind me" Chanyeol said and pulled Byul behind him. "Looks like you have gained another friend" a Chaos member said with laugh. "Thats none of your business" Sehun scoffed him off. The chaos member attacked again but Taeyang blocked his attack. D.O. came and used his strength to attack, "Chen oppa, help D.O. oppa." Byul said. "Okay" Chen did what Byul told him. It wasn't a long fight and the members were happy they could beat the Chaos members quite quickly. 

Chanyeol who was still holding onto Byul's hand when he pulled her behind him looked at her with caring eyes. "Are you okay?" Byul smiled to assure him she wasn't hurt. Taeyang who was watching walked over and stared at the two. "Excuse me but won't you let go of my sister's hand?" Chanyeol was a bit shocked by Taeyang's approach and quickly let go. The other members also stared at chanyeol with piercing glares. Chanyeol who felt it looked at the ground. "It's not the same anymore" Byul said breaking the silence. "What do you mean?" Suho asked as he walked over to her side. Taeyang stared at his sister, "Did you hear something again?" He asked. Byul shook her head and replied, "i can sense their powers are steadily increasing. The last Chaos his powers were slightly lower than the one tonight." Everyone looked at each other. "That means we'll gradually be fighting stronger enemies" Chen replied and Byul gave a "thats correct" look.  "I will have to join you guys" Taeyang said determined, "if this is the case, you'll be put into more danger." EXO members agreed to let Taeyang join because they knew Taeyang would protect his sister no matter what.

After another failed search the group dispersed and went home.