Weak Heart

The 임's

 

MY SUNSHINE~

Edited.



"IM JACKSON! PUT THAT DOWN!" Jinyoung loud voice rang through the house.

Jaebum stop whatever his doing, which is putting the wriggly Youngjae on his diaper, and look up to see his wife make his way to the mischievous 2 — almost 3 — years old.

They were getting ready to go to the zoo, per Jackson request and add Mark's puppy eyes to that, and much to Jaebum big dislike with the animal place they eventually go. He 100% blame Jinyoung to agree with what the twins want. It's not that he hates outing with his family or whatsoever, it's the hot sizzling weather outside that change his mood.

"Don't do that again. You can seriously hurt your brother, and we don't want that do we?" Jinyoung scolds the tiny boy in front of him, who pouts.

Jaebum walks over to his son, who pouts to no end and got his arms crossed sitting on the sofa. "What did you do to Mark?"

"I didn't do anything!" sudden shouts from Jackson make little Youngjae woken up from his mini-nap.

Jaebum let out a sigh as he picks the youngest to his arms, constantly shushing the baby for him to sleep again. He picks up the red face and tears stained. Youngjae has been so fussy nowadays but the time is random. It can get so sudden and sometimes it makes Jinyoung get a heart attack.

"You know we don't talk with that tone Im Jackson" Jaebum put on his ‘serious dad' face, as what Jinyoung always says whenever he scolds his children.

Jackson pouts more before telling his father on what he's doing. Apparently, he thought that scaring Mark with the snake toys that Namjoon got for them as a joke is funny enough. Too bad Mark is a clumsy child, so he manages to hurt himself while running from Jackson.

It's not that the twins are enemies, in fact, they're too friendly that sometimes they can conclude plans to frighten some people. Mark will play the innocent one while Jackson will carrying out the mission. It frightens Jaebum sometimes too.

"Be good or no zoo" Jaebum told the pouty kid and ruffled his hair before nodding his head towards the front door, signaling Jackson to put his shoes on.

"I just hope no drama today, but we start the day with red forehead Mark here" Jinyoung let out a sigh, crouching down to help Mark — sniffling Mark — tying his shoes.

Jaebum sent a smile, got a kiss instead in return.

"help me today babe" Jinyoung pleas, making Jaebum chuckles and shake his head.

"Let's just go."

 


"Daddy thwat animal look suhpicus!" silent Mark finally open his mouth the minute he sees an owl, adding the cute lisp.

"That's an owl sweetie. Sleeps at day and awake at night" Jinyoung carefully explain it to his eldest.

The kids — the twins, since Youngjae is in his stroller —, surprisingly, not making any chaos nor running around crazily. They simply walk around from one place to another, ‘ooh-aah' in at every animal they saw. This is their first time, so it's understandable enough when Jackson asked too many questions while Mark just keeps his silence but secretly eyeing every single animal.

Apparently, he can't trust giraffes and elephants since they have long neck and nose. ‘what if he eats me?!' yeah… no.

Jaebum is in charge with the twins while Jinyoung carefully looks over the fussy Youngjae. For some reason, the youngest has been throwing random cries. He will smile, but the next second he will cry with all his might. Jaebum thought it's just one of his day and try his best to calm his wife down.

"He's okay honey. That's what babies do" he rubs Jinyoung's arm in assurance, hoping the Jinyoung will eventually calm down.

Jinyoung let out a sigh in defeated manner and turn to the stroller, catching the giggling baby now. Youngjae belts out his cute laughs that made his eyes wrinkling cutely, waving his arms and gesturing a blow kiss. Seems like he understands just what his mommy needs now.

 


The rest of the day fills with more laughter and less tears, all that left is for them to go home and take a rest. Jinyoung sense that Youngjae is getting more cranky — needing sleep — as the baby keeps rubbing his eyes and the upper part of his eyebrows are getting red. The twins are slowly losing their energy, and thus Jaebum decides to call it a day.

"Come here baby, let me strap you" Jaebum gesture for Jackson. The kid stumbles his way towards his daddy, thanking the fast dad reflex because if not then Jackson already face planted the ground.

Jinyoung is already done with strapping Mark while little Youngjae is strapped to Jinyoung's chest with the baby sling. He knows that he shouldn't do it, but Youngjae just too fussy, instead he sat in the back with the kids so that he wouldn't suffocate Youngjae with the seatbelt on.

One thing that Jinyoung love about having kids is that he gets to feel skin-to-skin contact with them, or in this case clothes-to-clothes. He loves the feel of their soft skin and the cute chubby cheeks just smashed into his chest, the soft breaths here and there along with light snores. Babies are adorable in their own way, but when they sleep, it's fascinating.

Like watching a breathing doll.

Jinyoung slowly scans Youngjae's features, starting with his uneven baby eyebrows, the cute mole under his eyes, the long eyelashes that can be seen if he closes his eyes, the cute button nose and oh let's not forget the chubby cheeks that Jackson once want to take a bite because "it looks so yummy"

It sure did send Youngjae to scream because Jackson did bite quite hard, resulting in teeth mark showing proudly right on his cheek. Jinyoung cooed at the baby, didn't know whether he should laugh or scold Jackson, leaving Jaebum to do that thing.

Youngjae moves a bit when the car stop, whining like he didn't appreciate it if his nap time is being disturbed. Jinyoung shush him, slowly making his way out from the car without interrupting the already fussy baby. Jaebum signals him to enter first, and he'll take care of the twins, which the younger nods in a thankful manner.

"I'm so freaking tired I need a spa day probably" Jaebum groans, crashing onto the sofa and immediately cuddle his love. He loves smelling the sweet and home scents of Jinyoung.

Jinyoung chuckles, "but the kids are happy" running his fingers through the soft locks of his husband.

Jaebum just nods and snuggle more into Jinyoung's chest. The duo didn't have any more energy and opted with comfortable silences. It's moments like this that should be appreciated since it's rare.

 


Youngjae crying from the baby monitor is what waking the duo up.

"I didn't realize I fell asleep" Jaebum groans at the sound of his cracking joints, it's so clear that he's tired.

Jinyoung is already on his feet and goes to the baby room. Jaebum still collecting his thoughts and soul until the twins came down and snuggled to their dad, eyes open but got a blank face. If there's camera, you can tell that three of them are like triplets. The matching hairstyle and look just scream Im Jaebum.

"Babe, something is wrong with Youngjae" Jinyoung frowns. "Look."

Jinyoung settles himself beside Jaebum and takes a good look at Youngjae. The chubby cheeks baby is now crying to no end. He looks like he's having a hard time to breathe and that worries Jinyoung.

"This is an emergency oh gosh quickly gather the twins. We need to take him to the hospital" Jaebum quickly gathers the still sleepy twins and immediately put their shoes on, right to the car.

Jinyoung is upstairs, busy with the baby bags and everything while calming down Youngjae. He panics because Youngjae cries look like he's hurting and Jinyoung can only pray that his baby will be fine.

 


If there's anything in the world that Jinyoung hates, it's seeing his own baby boy crying in pain. Youngjae is currently in the ICU because apparently there's a problem with his lungs. Jinyoung was told to wait outside, of course, he put up a fight, but then again there's nothing he can do.

"Mommy what's wlong wif ‘ongjae?" Mark frowns upon seeing Jinyoung crying face. His cute lips help Jinyoung to calm down a bit.

Jinyoung didn't have the energy to tell Mark what's happening, he's not sure himself, so pulls the boy in for a hug. Jackson is with Jaebum, sitting beside them playing on Jaebum's phone. It's been 5 minutes since Youngjae has been away from them but it felt like hours in hell for both parents. 2 hours later and finally the doctor came to them. Jinyoung is on his feet immediately, asking whether Youngjae is okay or not. His heart beating so fast everyone can probably hear it.

"It seems there's a problem with his lungs. Something went wrong, and there's a scar, thus making him having a hard time to breathe. Is there any chance that you brought him close to animals with fur?"

Jinyoung furrows his eyebrows but then remembers the zoo. "Yes, he did. We took him and his brothers to the zoo this morning."

"then that's probably the main cause. Apparently, your son is allergic to animals with fur and probably got too close with one of them at the zoo. We already gave him medicine, and he's now resting" the doctor explains further about Youngjae's condition.

Jinyoung took mental note everything the doctor said. He's not taking up any chance to send his baby boy back to the hospital again. He bows to the doctor in thank you, completely forgot that his husband and kids are there too with him until Jaebum hug him.

"He's okay babe. he's okay now" Jaebum murmurs softly.

The latter nods and pick Mark up, Jaebum pick Jackson up, together they walk to Youngjae's room. Jinyoung prepares himself, and he can also feel how nervous his husband is. Grabbing the shaking left hand, Jinyoung kisses it.

"I'm nervous too but…. together?"

Jaebum nods, and he opens the door. There laying so peaceful yet looking so painful is little Youngjae with wires and machines surrounding him. The oxygen mask is strapped, and little breaths follow here and there. The twins are curiously looking over to their little brother and Jackson face is about to let out cries.

Jackson turns to his daddy, eyes swimming with tears already, asking silently what happen to Youngjae. Jaebum only shook his head and smiled, he's okay. Even if he didn't believe it 100%, but for the sake of the kids. Mark is attached to his legs while Jinyoung sits beside the hospital bed.

There's something about the white room that gives this weird vibes. Probably because everytime Jaebum is here, it's always when he has another addition to the family or when Jinyoung does check ups for his pregnancy. Not that Jaebum hates hospital, but that's exactly what he meant.

Youngjae stirs and lets out a whine, waking a resting Jinyoung beside him. "My baby. You're okay honey. You're okay" Jinyoung press a few kisses.

The baby whines more and Jinyoung knows what that means. He slips off his shoes and joins his youngest on the bed. Quite a big bed just for a kid around Youngjae's age. Seeing Jinyoung resting with Youngjae, Jaebum opted to go downstairs and get some food. It's way past dinner time, and he's sure that all of them are hungry.

Cue the twins' stomach grumbles like crazy.

"Hehehe.. oops" Jackson shyly looks down, shoes rubbing back and forth on the floor.

 


"Slow down baby" Jaebum wipes off the spaghetti sauce from Mark's face. He's sure that almost all the food mostly goes to his face, not his mouth.

The said boy only laughs and cheekily spoons another. Jackson is peacefully eating his lasagna, thanking God that he put it in his mouth, not his face.

Dealing with two kids all alone is hard, so Jaebum didn't know how Jinyoung can handle the chaos everyday when he's off to work. By the time they arrived in the hospital cafeteria, the twins show displeasure with the food, and so Jaebum decides to take them out to the nearest restaurant.

Inside the restaurant, Mark already ran ahead and choose his seat while Jaebum still by the front desk, ordering food. Jackson join him moments later and thank goodness the waiters are fast with the kids, they immediately put them on high chairs and give them something to color with.

"No no Jackson, we do not play— stop Mark" Jaebum wish for hands like an octopus at this point, but that would be just scary.

"Daddy can I haf ‘tush?" Mark innocently asks, face completely a mess because of the sauce.

"I'm sleepy daddy" Jackson yawns then completely abandon his un-finished lasagna.

"God help me" Jaebum mutters.

He moves to clean Mark first. The little boy cheekily moves his head, away from the clean tissue. Jaebum grabs the head, softly of course, and let out monster roar. Mark squeals and laugh, eyes crinkling in happiness.

"No way you can escape me baby" Jaebum put kisses all over Mark's face.

"Nooo daddy nooo" he shrieks, laughter fills the restaurant and Jaebum is sure that a few employees there are already a fan of Mark. The kid was non-stop throwing winks — if blinking both eyes can be called a wink — and smile at any waiter or waitress that passes by the table.

Mark has that kind of charm. The kind where all elders, boys or girls, will turn their heads and coo at the small kid at anything he does. Of course, Jaebum took the credit with high head.

"Mark stop flirting with Jiji" the waitress name, apparently, Mark shows off his reading-the-name-tag skill. "C'mon baby we have to go to Youngjae and give your mommy food too."

Jackson is quite comfortable on Jaebum's arms, eyes slowly closing and Jaebum wonders whether to pull the thumb out of his mouth or not but decides to let it be. One hand holding a plastic bag containing food and Mark opted with holding his daddy belt loop.

 


"Hey babe" Jaebum greets his tired love. He know that Jinyoung could never rest properly until they're back at home again and Youngjae is fine. "I bought you food and the twins already ate so don't worry about it."

Jaebum put Jackson on the hospital sofa-bed. The kid let out a whine, making Jaebum freeze, before slowly going back to sleep again. Hands curling under his chubby cheek, his cute potruding tummy going up and down. Jaebum turns around and sees Mark already falling asleep on Jinyoung's lap, together with Youngjae.

"It's okay babe" Jinyoung softly move to a more comfortable position before tugging Mark and Youngjae close to him again.

If Jackson sees this, he would throw a fit. To say that the kids are all attached to Jinyoung rather than to Jaebum is an understatement. Jaebum sometimes feels bad because his job requires him to be away from home for most of the time. Jinyoung understands it, but he's not sure with the kids.

He can remember the first time he has to be away for business trip — Japan was amazing but he would rather go there with his family — for 2 weeks and the twins crying non-stop. Jinyoung has to face time him every night just so Jackson and Mark can go to sleep.

"where's daddy, mommy?"

"Timetime him mommy!" Timetime is what the twins would say for FaceTime.

"Daddy back mommy?" every night question and Jinyoung only shake his head.

Jinyoung ,  his husband silent, looked over his crunch up face and laughs softly. He knows what exactly on Jaebum's mind and it's all wrong if he thinks that the kids are more attached to him when it's ‘Daddy' all day every day.

"Don't pull that face babe. Mark came to me because you're busy with Jackson" Jinyoung assures his husband.

Jaebum smile sheepishly, "I know.. but you can't blame me. Anyhow, how's Youngjae?"

"The doctor said that he needs rest and also there's some food that he can't eat for the meantime. He already gave me the list and medicine perceptions, you need to go to the front desk by the way for that" Jinyoung told his husband.

Jaebum nods and proceeds to do it right away. He goes out, not before placing a simple kiss on the forehead to his wife and kids, and immediately greet with his assistant.

"Jinhwan? What's wrong?" he asks, face holding up confused expression since the kid looks like about to wet his pants.

"Umm…" he fiddles with the end of his shirt, "You see sir, apparently there's someone who let the info about Youngjae in hospital out and now there's a lot of paparazzi. They're already here since an hour ago by the front door and demand explanation"

Jaebum sighs at the information. He just can't do anything without those people following him everywhere, and at this moment, he doesn't want to deal with them. He told Jinhwan to take care of it, only give mini statements saying that the family wishes not to be disturbed and Youngjae only got the flu, then he calls for Taeyong to search this ‘someone' that dare to let the information out to the public.

He continues his journey to the front desk, the head of the hospital manage to come down and apologize for the chaos, and quickly make his way to Youngjae's room. He found Jinyoung on the bed, looking at his phone and he knows that his wife knows about it.

"That bad?" Jinyoung asks nervously, he knows that Jaebum is on the edge of blowing up but decides to tone it down.

Jaebum only shakes his head and join Jinyoung on the bed. "Done eating?" he looks over the empty food container.

Jinyoung nods and takes Jaebum's hand to his. He smooths out the creases in his husband's forehead, clearly, he can see how stressed Jaebum is. Somehow with the movement, it woke Youngjae up. His small chubby hands reach out for Jaebum and who can say no to those puppy eyes either.

Youngjae pats his daddy's cheek, as if telling him to not worry about anything else. The little action makes Jaebum smile, and he realized, he shouldn't waste his energy just to take care the paparazzi and their false news. He got a loving family that's enough to color his life.

"I love you too baby. Get well soon."

 


"DADDY!!"

Jaebum jolts from his lovely slumber and sluggishly make his way to the twins bedroom. His heart racing with the thought finding someone covered in blood or broken bones — not that he wants it to happen but the scream is terror — but he can only smile when he sees the twins running around in circles.

Clads in their matching pjs, Mark in blue and Jackson in green but somehow they managed to switch, and to have the classic ‘bed hair'.

"Daddy help!!!!" Jackson squeals, looking back as he runs and letting out shrieks when he sees his brother is hot on his tail.

Mark letting out a growl, acting as if he's dinosaurs. Jaebum let them run around some more until he stops them because they're getting too loud and Youngjae still in bed. We do not want a grumpy baby in the household when everyone is happy enough with the sunshine baby.

"Let's just go for breakfast guys" Jaebum hoists up his two boys and, somehow, managed his way downstairs.

It seems the twins are monkeys now with how Jackson managed to clings onto his left leg and Mark already up on his shoulders. Jinyoung greets them on the kitchen, pancakes already stacked and ready to eat. Jaebum took a deep breath and savored the great smell. Ahh… it's always like this in every morning.

Youngjae soon joins them and the kids are aesthetic enough to see their baby brother. To say that the twins are quite worried about Youngjae, they are that much to the point when Jinyoung asked for help to look over Youngjae for a moment, and Jackson took the job too serious, he screams when Youngjae move an inch.

"Daddy! Youngjae didn't eat his nanas!!" Jackson tattletale but Mark slap his arm because of it.

"Hey! No slapping and Jackson honey, it's okay. He's eating it look" Jinyoung shows the all covered in bananas baby.

Youngjae smile is so big it hurts. Even the sunshine lost the battle when it comes to Youngjae.



First of all.... I don't have the full knowledge about health or doctor things so forgive me if there's anything wrong with Youngjae sickness description. 

 

Second.... I MISS MY STORY AND YOU GUYS HUHUHUHU

 

Not really proud with this one but I hope it makes your day even better^_^ 

I just write 3 chapters for NAMJIN story (since some of you demand for it lol) and will probably post it some...... day. HAHA no jk, but seriously, later when I got the time (I hope this week)

As usual, comment down below if you want anything else or give me any advice!

Love, 

x-A