I'm Sorry (II)

The 임's

Jaebum : 22 years old

Jinyoung : 19 years old

 



 

It’s been 2 weeks since the accident, well Jinyoung don’t know whether he have to be happy or not considering his first time is taken away kinda forcefully but he like it, and Jinyoung just want to rest. Sure the talk seems going just fine but the moment he got back to the city, Jinyoung can’t handle the feelings. He tried so hard to forget about the hurt past but he can’t. Jaebum talk about him going back to the office again but Jinyoung shake his head numerous times.

 

“I can’t hyung. It’s too painful.” 

 

And all Jaebum can do is follow what Jinyoung want. He can’t do anything but accept it since he’s the wrong one in here but he really thankful that Jinyoung already forgave him. 

 

Forgive him? Yes. Forget about it? No.

 

Jinyoung decide that the best thing that they can do for healing is to take a break. Jaebum is so against the idea and he really do everything to make sure the relationship is still on but Jinyoung can’t go on with it. Jaebum even on his knees, begging, but Jinyoung is strict with his decision.

 

“Hyung.. It’s for the best. We’re not departing. I will come back to you and my feelings will never gone but we have to take a break now. For healing. We have to heal our mind and feelings hyung” Jinyoung voice is broken at the end but he have to stay strong.

 

Jinyoung look down at the man that’s on his knees in front of him. He want to hug the elder so bad but if he want to heal quickly and have a healthy and fresh start of the relationship, he gotta stay strong and strict to his decision.

 

“Hyung please.. d-don’t” Jinyoung stuttered as Jaebum move up and try to kiss him but Jinyoung dodged away until he stop. 

 

“I guess you really not love me anymore huh?” 

 

Jinyoung look at the broken man in front of him and felt his heart broke in two. He didn’t mean like that. No. Jaebum got it wrong. “No no no.. hyung no. You’re wrong” Jinyoung shake his head then he connected both their foreheads, “I still am, till this day and this second, I still love you hyung but you have to understand my decision because it’s the best for both of us”

 

And after that sentence, Jinyoung never see the man again. Not even a phone call or a text message. 

 

At first, Jinyoung thought that Jaebum finally understand and both of them just take a break with few days not contacting each other but it’s been 2 weeks almost 3 that the elder didn’t contact Jinyoung at all. Jinyoung don’t even know that Jaebum got sick few days back, now he’s okay, and Jinyoung have to know it from his secretary. Jinyoung secretly contact Seokjin because he can’t reach Jaebum’s cellphone and the man happily give all the information about his boss. 

 

Yes, Seokjin is now Jaebum’s secretary. 

 

“Are you sure that he already ate Jin?” Jinyoung asked again for the hundred times and he can feel the boy rolled his eyes from the other side. “Don’t roll your eyes at me!” he pouted

 

“Don’t pouted at me! But you’re annoying. This is the 15th call today and it’s only 1PM Nyoung. Not to be noisy or whatever, but why don’t you call him by yourself? He’s always have his phone with him” Seokjin shrugged, “besides, I think he will love it more if you’re the one that ask him things like that rather than me.”

 

Jinyoung let out a sigh and rub his temple, “Sorry Jin.. but you know the condition an-“

 

“Yeah I know but it’s not like both of you are strangers right? You both just couple that’s on a break. Not really break up, just take time from each other” 

 

“I know but I guess Jaebum took it the wrong way. He completely shut me out and didn’t answer any of my calls or texts” 

 

Jinyoung is really confused right now. Deep inside, he know that he regret it the moment he asked for the ‘break’ when he also know that they’re going to be just fine. But then again, deep deep deep there he also know that both of them need this break. 

 

After ending the call with Jin, with lots of notes from Jinyoung to him, Jinyoung decide to make some dessert then have it delivered to Jaebum’s house or office. Chocolate cake seems the best option but Jinyoung want to make something different. He open his laptop and start to search for ideas, what to bake and the recipes. 

 

20 minutes later and Jinyoung is pouting because there’s no recipes that catch his attention. Jinyoung search for more he even went until 7 pages on google! Scroll… meh this is too usual. Not this one. No he don’t like too much cheese… or is he? Arrrggghhh this is frustating. Jinyoung rub his temple out of frustration but then, something catch his attention.

 

Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake

 

Ingredients :

- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs

- 1/2 cup butter, melted

- 2 tablespoo———

 

THIS IS PERFECT! 

 

~

 

He’s…. he got nothing right now but he have meeting at 5 so probably you will have to head down here at 6 or by dinner time. I think he will go back to his house late again because all of us are working over the work time” Jin told Jinyoung over the phone.

 

“Uhh.. well okay but can you make sure that he don’t know that I will stop there? And what happen? Something wrong within the office?” 

 

No but somebody decide to be the mouse and resulting us losing few grands but don’t worry, we already catched him and now we’re working to make sure that the grands are back and go back up on stock” 

 

Jinyoung bit his lower lip out of worries. He know how hard the older when it comes to work, it’s his company after all. Well, family company but still! Heck he can bet all his fortunes that Jaebum will forget to eat his dinner tonight because of the meeting and the afterward works. 

 

Looking at the clock and it’s 5PM. He must be on his meeting already. Jinyoung thought of making dinner too so he quickly cook Jaebum’s favorites and packed it into the food containers. After checking all his belongings, Jinyoung made his way out of his mini home and walk to the nearest bus stop. Jinyoung is making his own script like what would happen or what Jaebum would say if he goes to visit him. 

 

Will he scream at me?

 

Or will he hug me? 

 

Kiss me?

 

So lost in train of thoughts, Jinyoung didn’t realized that the he already in front of the huge office. The magnificent one that will make people turn around and check who’s company is it. Jinyoung step in and he can feel the serious aura around the lobby. Everyone rushing here and there, suits and ties in place but if you look closely then you can see the crumpled. 

 

“I’m here to see Mr. Im?” 

 

The receptionist look up with a y face, but the moment she saw that it’s the former secretary of Mr. Im, she immediately tell someone to pick Jinyoung up. Jinyoung shake his head, instead he go by himself to the top floor. He know the office by heart and usually, the warmthness welcome him. Now there’s only cold aura on the floor. 

 

Jin just got out from the office where the CEO situated. He dab his forehead, he can feel the sweats running down his face. Jinyoung saw his best friend and ran to him, asking for the CEO. Jin barely catch his breath but he know he have to do this. Quickly ran back to his station with Jinyoung in tow, he quickly inform the situation. 

 

Apparently, the meeting gone wrong and now Jaebum is in bad mood. Like real bad mood. Jinyoung really want to go back but Jin managed to push him inside the office, claiming that Jinyoung is the only one that can save the ‘world’ so here he is, standing in front of his lover whose confusion and shock potrayed in his face. 

 

“Jinyoung..” 

 

Jaebum breathed out the name that he’s been missing these past few weeks. The name that give sun to his cloudy life. 

 

“W-wh-what are you doing here?” Stuttered, Jaebum can’t believe that he spoke like that.

 

Jinyoung nervously fiddled around, looking down, he remember the food container. “uh.. here. I heard that you got late night meeting and barely remember to eat dinner so I decide to make you one… Hope you like it” whispering on the last part.

 

To say that Jaebum is shock, he is. But he’s happy. He look at the dull colored box that Jinyoung placed on his desk, look up again at his lover. Realizing that Jinyoung is standing up while he sat down, he gestured for Jinyoung to sit but the latter shake his head. 

 

“No need. I- uh… I need to go n-now. B-bye” Jinyoung run for the door but Jaebum is faster than him. Jaebum didn’t mean to grab his hand surprisingly like that but the moment he hear Jinyoung say good bye to him, something in him just click. Jinyoung is in front of him and there’s now way that he would let the boy run again.

 

“Please jus- I mean, please just stay. At least until I finish my food” Jaebum plead. Im freaking Jaebum just freaking plead to someone that is totally below him in status. He’s the CEO and the boy in front of him is his former secretary. 

 

Wrong.

 

The boy in front of him is the most beautiful one that he would want to wake up every morning with. The one that he want to make and share memories with. The one that will bear his children. 

 

Jinyoung hastily nod and make his way to the sofa, trying his best to sit far away from the man but Jaebum just sit right beside him. Jinyoung cursed the sofa position in the office, the two singles sofas are placed in front of each other with the long coffee table in the middle, while the long 3 spaces sofa is placed after the coffee table. 

 

Jaebum start to open the food containers one by one, ‘woah’ at every food that he sees. Before he knows it, stomach grumbling and his hand move so fast with chopsticks in between. Shoving all the food as  best as he can to his already full mouth. Completely forgot that Jinyoung is also in the room. Jinyoung is amazed at the scene in front of him and kinda feel bad because Jaebum really look like he didn’t ate for months! 

 

Jaebum’s coughs bring Jinyoung back and the latter immediately jump from his seat, searching for water. “Here here” softly guide Jaebum to drink and pat his back softly. 

 

“Ah.. thanks Jinyoung-ah” 

 

Jinyoung nod and the room gets silent again. The only sound in the room is Jaebum’s chewing. It put smile to Jinyoung’s face. He love it when the idiot lover in front of him is eating happily. He didn’t realized that he’s been staring and he’s so sure that he look like a creepy man.

 

“What’s with the smile?” 

 

Jinyoung shake his head, casting his eyes downwards to his lap before a hand make it’s way to the chin and raised his head up. “Don’t look down. I hate it when you hide the beautiful face” 

 

Cursing the man in front of him, Jinyoung blush. How can Jaebum still made Jinyoung blush is a question that Jinyoung always ask to himself. 

 

“So..” Jaebum open the conversation, done with eating. “How are you Jinyoung?” 

 

How you’ve been doing?

 

Are you feeling good?

 

Warm enough?

 

Can you sleep peacefully last night?

 

Did you miss me?

 

Are the questions that Jaebum so badly want to ask but it seems like he can’t produce the words and let it out from his mouth. 

 

“I’m… fine. You?”

 

Not good. You?

 

No. I’m all alone. You?

 

It’s cold. You?

 

No. Bad dream. You?

 

I miss you. Did you?

 

Silence fill the room. Jaebum is hesitating to answer but he decide to answer the best one. Just so that Jinyoung wouldn’t get worry. 

 

“I’m…. good” 

 

“Oh to hell with this” Jinyoung said and he suddenly jump into Jaebum’s arms and thank goodness that the latter got the best reflex. Arms wrap around Jaebum’s neck and head snuggling to him, Jinyoung cries. “I’m not good. I don’t feel good. I miss you, you know. The bed felt cold. I had a bad dream last night and every other night and did you know that I feel terrible b-b-but-“ 

 

Jinyoung can’t hold back his cries as he sniffs and hiccups along his words. He can imagine how startled Jaebum is but he don’t care. All he know is that he really miss Jaebum and quite the act of everything, he don’t care about anything anymore. He really miss Jaebum’s wam embrace and how those arms would wrap around Jinyoung’s waist whenever Jinyoung jump to the embrace. How he would whispers sweet and calm words whenever Jinyoung gets nervous or crying. 

 

He just miss him.

 

~

 

Minutes later and finally Jinyoung can calm down. Still sitting on Jaebum’s lap but the man don’t care about the weight. Jinyoung is so light anyways. Jaebum managed to bring the to lay down with Jinyoung still on top of him, cuddling on the mini sofa but they make it work. Jinyoung hide his face on Jaebum’s neck. Jaebum just stare at the ceiling, feeling the hot breath fanned over his neck as the silent night follow through it. None of them voice anything. Jaebum thank Jin for knowing his situation and cancel the meeting because his secretary didn’t knock at all. 

 

“Are you calm enough?” Jaebum softly asked after few more minutes of silence. He can feel his baby nod his head and silence again. 

 

Jaebum about to open his mouth but Jinyoung beat him, “I’m sorry.” 

 

Jinyoung continue, “I am terribly sorry for my bad idea. If only I didn’t proposed the idea, then we’ll be just fine. I thought that we should have a break and I didn’t know that even just more than a day without seeing you, will make me go mad. I know that you’ve done bad thing but so do I” 

 

Jinyoung then place his chin on top of Jaebum’s chest so he can see his face, “Is there any way that I can get forgiven?”

 

Jaebum didn’t dare to make a move, nor to make a sound. It’s like there’s someone that push the pause button so he can’t speak at all. Truth to be told, Jaebum feel bad for Jinyoung because, clearly, he’s the wrong one in here. Like, who the heck force a onto their loves one if they want to make up?! 

 

“Jinyoung-ah..” Jaebum stop and shake his head. Jinyoung saw this as a sign that there’s no way that Jaebum will forgive him. Jinyoung about to sobs and protest more but Jaebum cut him. “Hear me out first baby. Then you can cry”

 

Jinyoung nod and Jaebum took a deep breath before speaking. “Honestly, it should be me that asking for your forgiveness. Heck, I should be the one that ing kneel on the floor and beg for your forgiveness. I’m the wrong one in here. I shouldn’t treat you that way”

 

“Remember the workers that bullied you?” Jinyoung flinched at the memories but he nod. “Well, they got fired immediately the moment I step back to the office and don’t feel bad because I got more staffs that are better in manners and people’s privacy. I promise you that there will be no bullies anymore. For you or anyone”

 

“I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah. I love you. I really do and I hate this ‘break’” Jaebum hug his lover and pulled him to a deep kiss.

 

Breaking off from the kiss, Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. “Does this mean that we’re good again?”

 

Jaebum chuckled, “I should be the one that’s asking baby. Are we good or are we still on break?”

 

“No!! We’re good” Jinyoung furiously said and hug the elder again, afraid that he will dissapear. 

 

Biggest fear from both of them is losing each other. Those weeks they went without seeing each other has already painful enough. If people saw, they would think that Jinyoung is stupid and Jaebum is merely . Stupid because he keep going back and forth in forgiving and just because the way he treat people. What people don’t know is that, there’s more for that story. There’s a lot that people don’t know about them.

 

A lot secret hidden, yet it clearly shown. People just too blind to see. 

 

~

 

Jin is on working mode when he hear no voice whatsoever. The floor is like a deserted island and it’s only him outside. Shivering because of the cold air, he turn off the nearest air conditioner. 

 

“Haish.. so cold” mumbling, he make his way to his boss office. 

 

Jin is in dilemma whether too knock and check on his boss and best friend or not because believe me, Jin still want Jinyoung to be alive to take him to see the new big aquarium in town. Pursing his lips, Jin think otherwise and decide to strut back to his station. Meh.. if they want or need anything then they’ll tell me. 

 

Turning back and he literally jump in his place. Hands over his heart, eyes close and thanking God for his strong heart. Opening his eyes, he saw the dimple man smiling in front of him with a bunch of brown documents on his hands. 

 

“Gosh Namjoon… Should you do that?” Jin scolded the man in front of him, but the man just grin, clearly loving that he can show his dimple and the beauty in front of him usually would blush.

 

“What are you doing in here at this late hour?” Jin asked as he clean his messy desk. Oh yes, it’s so messy that Jin can’t see the surface. 

 

“I got this for the big boss” Namjoon drop the documents on top of things that Jin trying to clean. 

 

“Joonie!!” Jin shrieks, not aware that he’s been calling the man with a nickname that he produce in his brain ever since he saw and know Namjoon’s name. 

 

“‘Joonie?’” 

 

Jin’s hands stop from gathering the messy papers on his desk, frozen. Did I said that out loud? Eyes meeting forward with Namjoon but immediately casted it downwards. Yes, the red cheeks are back again. Namjoon, who saw all of this, just smile and laugh. Cute. He thought before helping the elder with the cleaning.

 

“Oh no need… I can do it by m-“ Jin about to rejected his help but Namjoon stubbornly insisted. he said, “isn’t it much faster if there’s 4 hands that’s working? It’s late already anyway and I’m sure that you want to get home fast”

 

Jin just nod and continue with the cleaning, of course, help from Namjoon surprisingly makes the work faster. Jin can swore that it’s not because he’s a slow snail. Nope, it’s because of Namjoon helping him. Jin is now ready with his coat and bag on, leaving a small note for the boss and his lover inside, before taking off to the elevator. Of course, Namjoon is tailing behind him.

 

“Hey, why don’t you ride me?” Namjoon spluttered the sudden question that makes Jin’s eyes bulged out.

 

“Say what?!” 

 

“N-no that one! I m-mean… ride with me. In my car… to your house..?” Namjoon voice getting smaller at every sentences and at the end, his eyes casted downwards, blushing.

 

Jin laugh at the flustered Namjoon in front of him. Decide to save him, Jin nod and told Namjoon that he will take a ride home from him. Namjoon, being the oblivious Namjoon, jump up with fisted in the air shouting ‘YES’ couple times before regaining himself. Trying to look like the cool guy, he straighten his shirt and told Jin to wait for him in the lobby with the deep voice. Jin confused but found the situation kinda funny. 

 

Oh Namjoon… what would I do with you. Jin rode down with the elevator, waiting for Namjoon in the lobby and thinking that it’s just a normal ride home from a friend. Nothing more. 

 

But what Jin don’t know is that, a simple ride home from Namjoon, turns into dates few weeks later.

 

We can clearly see what the future ahead for them. 

 



NAMJIIIIIIINNNNNNNN *runs around with flowers and rainbows*

Akkh... my hearteu *j-hope's voice*

Anyway... this is actually something that I should post few chapters earlier but I guess I forgot? hehe

1. I change the character. Instead of Taehyung, I used Jin because I just want to keep the namjin family hehe

2. I may or may not kinda forgot if I ever put BTS as character in my story... 

3. I made a change in a few chapters, regarding the scene when Taehyung popped out. The name is changed into Seokjin's.  Make sure to check it and if there's another chapter with BTS as character except NAMJIN, please do tell me! 

4. I change the chapter title. It's from Fight & Make up to I'm Sorry

5. That's it huehehe. I kinda miss JJP too ugh my hearteu

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading ^.^ x - A