First Step

The 임's

 

There's our cheeky maknae ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Mark & Jackson : 7 years old

Youngjae : 5 years old

Bambam : 2 years old

Yugyeom : 11 months old

 



 

Sunday morning and the day began with mini-fight, per usual, and this time it’s between Youngjae and Bambam. The twins still in the bathroom and baby Yugyeom is in the portable crib in the living room. Jaebum is in the foyer, dealing with some of his people regarding the safety of the house since someone tried to break in few days back. Jinyoung is in the laundry room, as usual, collecting the dirty ones and taking out the clean ones. 

 

“But you cwan’t do thwat!” Bambam crossed his little arms, pouting because Youngjae took his baby bird doll that Jaebum got him ever since he’s just born. It stuck to the kid until today.

 

“I just want to borrow it Bammie…” Youngjae carelessly said as he walk away and put the doll on top of his rocket toy. “FIRE!” he shouted and the doll flew away

 

“NOOOOOO!!!!”

 

Bambam loud cries shook the whole house and the next thing you know, the JJP along with the twins run to the living room. Jaebum holding a baton, he supposed to give it to his bodyguards but hearing one of his babies cries he forgot about it, Jinyoung is holding the laundry basket and the twins still in their towel appearance.

 

“WHAT HAPPEN?”

 

“Mommy~” Bambam whined and run to his mother’s embrace. 

 

Jinyoung drop the laundry basket and hug his baby, turning to Jaebum with a confused face, he turn to his other kids only to find Youngjae almost crying. Almost. 

 

“Sweetie.. what’s wrong?” Jinyoung softly asked the sobbing kid on his arms. He rub Bambam’s back and sooth him but the kid just shake his head, indicating he don’t want to talk yet. “Well, why don’t you accompany mommy to do some work and let your brothers play again hm?” Jinyoung bought him to the laundry room since Bambam basically in koala mode.

 

Meanwhile in the living room, a confused Jaebum turn his attention towards his other kids. “Mind telling me what’s wrong with Bambam?”

 

The twins just shake his head, muttering that they’re taking showers so they don’t know what happen. Jaebum nod and turn to his otter-look-alike baby, who’s fidgeting like crazy and now Jaebum know who’s the culprit. “Youngjae.. mind telling me what’s wrong baby?”

 

Youngjae just look down, circling his feet around. “I—I…” 

 

“it’s alright honey. No one’s going to get mad at you” Jaebum softly assured him and with that, Youngjae immediately leaped to his father’s embrace and cry

 

“I’m s-sorry daddy *sobs* I didn’t m-mean i-it b-but *sobs* I just wa-want to p-play with the ba-baby bird doll” 

 

Now he’s full on sobbing mode and Jaebum just softly coo-ed him, telling him that it’s okay and no one will get mad. Though, he have to apologize for scaring little Bambam like that. “Next time, just tell him first. I’m sure Bammie will understand and will let you play with it”

 

Youngjae nod and wipe his snots away, “Okay daddy”

 

“Now why don’t you play again while daddy have to go for a second” Jaebum stood up and about to go but a sudden tug on his coat makes him turn around. “Yes baby?” 

 

The shy Youngjae just fiddling with the hem of his shirt, “Can I come with you daddy? I’m bored”

 

Jaebum chuckle and hoist the boy up to his waist, “Of course baby. Let’s go now”

 

The twins back to their bathroom and leaving baby Yugyeom alone in the portable crib. Now here’s a thing, Yugyeom is a smart boy so somehow he find way to get himself out from the crib. Thanks to the pillows that gather around his crib actually. Baby Yugyeom is all smile when he’s finally out from the crib and he try to move his little body. 

 

He look over to the near sofa beside his crib where his mommy usually read book if he’s asleep. He crawl over and try his best to reach over his mommy’s scarf that’s being place there. Yugyeom pursed his little mouth, his little hands made grabby motion for the scarf but failed. He pouted but try again. 

 

Then something memorable happen.

 

He managed to stand on his own.

 

Little Yugyeom don’t know that he standing up on his own. His goal is only to reach his mommy’s scarf and when he succeed, he grin his baby smile and plop his down the floor again.

 

Nope. No one realized and not even the baby himself. Except for the camera that’s being installed in the living room.

 

~

 

“Aaammm yum yum yum” Jinyoung mouthed the expression as he feed his little baby.

 

Monday night and it’s dinner time at the household. As usual, it’s a mess. The food fight just have to be there and of course… flying food also join in. Jaebum seated at the head of the table, minding Bambam who still can’t feed himself properly. Jinyoung is on his right, dealing with Yugyeom who’s clapping happily and he got Youngjae on his left. The twins seated beside Bambam and they, for once, eat their vegetables. 

 

“C’mon baby. Try with the chopsticks now. Like daddy” Jaebum show the example to Bambam. The 2 years old is demanding that he should use chopsticks too if it’s eating time, he’s already a ‘big boy’ he said like his hyungs. 

 

“Hey Youngjae” Jackson called his younger brother. 

 

Youngjae look up from his food, “Yes hyung?”

 

“Mind trade the carrots for my potatoes?” 

 

“No no.. that’s no no” Youngjae shake his head. He’s on his random day for his dislikeness in food. 

 

Jaebum raised his eyebrow at the new vocabulary and language, “Oh Youngjae.. english?”

 

“Yes daddy! I got 5 stars for speaking english the most in school today! Here let me show it to you” Youngjae eagerly went to get his bag from his room

 

“Honey, finish the food first then you can show daddy the paper” Jinyoung shouted from the dining room but seconds later, a small body zoom in through him and got right to Jaebum. “Here daddy!” Youngjae give it and grinning so widely.

 

“Wow baby.. This is good. We should hang this yeah? After dinner. That’s my boy” Jaebum ruffled Youngjae’s hair and the 5 years old smile so wide as he go back to his seat to finish the food.

 

“Babe, look” Jaebum give the paper to Jinyoung and his wife is grinning so wide. He plastered the same smile as he kiss Youngjae’s cheek. “Good job!”

 

“Mommy wook!!!” Bambam loud voice bring attention to him. He proudly show off his skills in picking the meatballs.

 

“Yeeey good job Bammie. Now finish you food okay” Jinyoung smile and Bambam nod his head.

 

“Mark, Jackson” Jinyoung turn towards the twins, that’s in some conversation regarding some game. “Have you done your homeworks?”

 

They both nod, “Yes mommy”

 

“Any questions or something bothering you in school? No?” 

 

“No mommy! No worries. We’re good, right Markie?” Jackson nudged his twin and Mark nod. Smiles plastered on both of their faces and Jinyoung just sigh in relief. 

 

“Well okay then that’s go—“

 

CRAANK 

 

All eyes turn towards the cheeky smile-y baby who’s just clapping his hands out of happiness. Jinyoung is frozen as he look down at the baby food that’s once in the table and now is on the floor. “Yugyeommie!!!” Jinyoung shrieked but the baby just clap and smile until his eyes gone, just like his daddy.

 

“Oh my gosh baby..” Jaebum crouch down and clean the mess when Bambam decide that it’s his best time to accidently knock down the soup bowl because he want to see what happen. “Bammie!!” 

 

“Sowwy daddy” Bambam small lips pouted in a cute way and Jaebum can only shake his head at the cute expression.

 

“Aigoo.. what should I do hm. You messy babi- not you too twins!” Jinyoung shrieks more as he saw that the twins covered in some sauce. “Go clean up because I have to clean your brothers too” 

 

The twins nod and proceed to make their way to the bathroom. Jinyoung hoist Yugyeom and Bambam to his waist, bringing them too their own bathroom. Jaebum is busy cleaning the floors with Youngjae sit silently, still busy eating his food. 

 

“Daddy, why are you cleaning the floors?”

 

“Because your brothers decide that it’s ‘daddy’s time to clean the floor’” sarcasm flow from Jaebum’s mouth. Youngjae face is confused but he shrugs it away because he’s too hungry. 

 

“All done” Jaebum stood up and look at the busy mouth chewing dinner Youngjae, “baby… why are you still in here?”

 

Youngjae gulped down his food before talking, “Because I still not finish my dinner, but now I’m done. Help me daddy?” he made a grabby motion and Jaebum pick him up, carrying him to the living room. 

 

“Stay here and no jumping on the sofa” 

 

Youngjae nod and relaxing onto the soft sofa. He laugh along the cartoon that Jaebum put on. He can hear his brothers get into trouble for playing with their food. 

 

“Bammie nooo honey no come here” Jinyoung is busy running around with a Bambam. The little boy managed to escape because he said he’s ‘too cool’ to wear diapers. “Mook come here! Or else….” 

 

Bambam stop at the stern voice of his mommy and pouted. He grunted as he make his way to his mommy. Jinyoung finished dressing both boys in their pjs and bring them to living room. He see Youngjae alone and ask him where’s his dad and brothers are. Youngjae didn’t answer, instead he point his finger to upstairs. Jinyoung nod and decide to go upstairs, after checking the clean kitchen and dining room. He gotta admit, Jaebum is really a clean person. 

 

“Baby.. what are you doing still topless?” Jinyoung asked the topless boy in front of him. 

 

Mark shrugs and he just walk silently to the closet. Jinyoung eyebrow raised at that one but decide to brush it away. He see Jackson in the bathroom with Jaebum by his side, brushing his teeth. The twins are a clean person but when it comes to brushing their teeth, they just got too lazy. 

 

“Mommy hwep me” 

 

Jinyoung look to the right and see his eldest son head stuck in the pjs. Letting out a soft chuckle he help Mark, who’s face flushed red because he forced himself. “There’s my pretty baby” Jinyoung remarked cheerfully and Mark just groaned, saying that he’s 7 already. 

 

Meanwhile in the living room, the magical moment happen again. Bambam and Youngjae are watching the telly while Yugyeom busy playing on his playpen. Yugyeom is busy handling all his plushies, thanks to his mommy that can’t handle the ideas if Yugyeom see the plushies, when he realized that he missed his green bird plush. Frowning, he saw that his Youngjae hyung holding his plush. Determined to get it, Yugyeom began to crawl his way to the sofa where Youngjae and Bambam seated. 

 

“Yuggiee don’t do that or mommy going to get mad at you” Youngjae scolded his baby brother who’s somehow made his way to the sofa and tried to get the little up to the sofa. Youngjae pick Yugyeom and bought him back to the playpen

 

Yugyeom pouted but he’s having none of it. In his mind, he just want the plush and he have to have it. Setting his goal, he try again. This time, he stand up with the help of the playpen bar and again no one realized it. 

 

“Yugyeommie stop!” Youngjae shake his head and just bring Yugyeom to seat beside him. “Just stay here and no wandering around again or else mommy will get mad if you get hurt” 

 

Yugyeom just shrieks in excitement, mostly because he got his plush back. Now he’s settled just fine between Bambam and Youngjae. His little body squished in between the two boys but the maknae just smile because of the warmth he received from his hyungs. 

 

And they’re back watching the cartoons without realizing a thing. Nope, not even Youngjae realized that his baby brother just tried to walk for the first time.

 

~

 

It’s few weeks later, the family finally realized that their youngest baby is trying to get his first step. The days go on with no one noticing that Yugyeom can suddenly move around with the help of his little feet and grasping the end of table or sofa. Not even Jinyoung when he almost got a heart attack because he saw Yugyeom sitting at the very end of the sofa. 

 

Jinyoung don’t realized that before, he put Yugyeom on his playpen. Sure it’s near the sofa but how can the baby suddenly move to the sofa when there’s no one around to help him?

 

“I’m home!” 

 

Jaebum voice can be heard from the front door and the kids suddenly stop playing and run towards their dad, hugging his legs or pulling his arms. Well, except baby Yugyeom who just smile and clap his hands while blabbering baby language. 

 

“Daddy you have to see what I made today!”

 

“Daddy I got star on kindergarten today!!”

 

“Daddy I learn how to spell today!” and so on.

 

Jinyoung smile when he heard the commotion going around in the living room and he can picture that his tired husband is being pulled and the kids just chatter around, telling him their day. He put down the knife and proceed to make his way to the living room. He saw a tired Jaebum sitting on the sofa with Bambam and Youngjae on both his knees, along with the twins sat down beside him still excitedly telling him stories.

 

“—and Mark decide to give to me, which by the way I told him that I don’t need it, but we’re twins! So he give to me and—“ 

 

Jackson blabbered got cut by Mark, “—and Jackson decide to give it to me again. In the end—“

 

Jinyoung see the smile that plastered on Jaebum’s face. He can see that Jaebum is tired because of the long hours in the office but he always managed to have some times just to hear the stories from his kids whenever he’s home. Jinyoung know that Jaebum sometimes felt guilty for leaving him and the kids alone in the house because he’s mostly at the office, but Jinyoung made sure that they survive just fine. 

 

“—and then Bammie goes to— nooo Gyeommie!” Mark cut his story to scolded his baby brother who somehow pulling his legs.

 

“Baba” Yugyeom mumbled his baby language. His hands made a grabby motion, indicating he want to get carried. 

 

“Naaw I haven’t kiss my youngest” Jaebum pick Yuygeom and kiss him on both fluffy cheeks and forehead. “How are you baby?” 

 

Yugyeom only answer with more blabbers. Yugyeom is picking up few words for the past weeks, thanks to his hyungs that love to talk, and he sometimes say it at random times. 

 

“Okay kids, I think we should let your daddy go upstairs to freshen up first then you can continue the stories when it’s dinner time okay?” Jinyoung said and the kids nod, while reluctantly let his daddy go upstairs. 

 

“Oh I forgot something”

 

Jaebum is in the middle of going upstairs when suddenly he turn around and approach his wife. “I’m home baby” then he softly kiss him. 

 

A long and sweet kiss that made Jinyoung have butterflies.

 

~

 

Little Yugyeom is being place once again in his play pen while 2 out of his 4 brothers are being put on a time out because fighting over the last piece of chicken nugget. He look up and about to cry when he saw his mommy walk away, but stop when he saw his daddy come to sit beside him in the playpen. 

 

“Hi baby” Jaebum greeted the all smile baby and Yugyeom clapped his hands out of delight. “You look ver cheerful”

 

“Papa” Yugyeom babbled

 

Jaebum shook his head, “Try ‘daddy’. C’mon, try it Gyeom-ah” Jaebum guide his almost 1 year old baby.

 

It’s not that Jaebum don’t like the word ‘papa’, but he and Jinyoung already agree on ‘mommy and daddy’ terms. Yugyeom is exactly like his hyung Youngjae when it come first word. Jaebum is quite happy that Yugyeom first word is for him, even if it’s not the right one. Well… the whole family can say that Jaebum still shed his tears when Yugyeom said his first word. Even if he already get through the phase for like 4 times already. 

 

“Bwabby?” Yugyeom tilted his head in confusion. This made Jaebum gush out of cuteness.

 

“Yes baby.. now try it again. D-a-d-d-y” 

 

“Bwaddy?” 

 

“No, ‘daddy’”

 

“Dwabby??” 

 

Jaebum let out a sigh, he just going to let it go because Yugyeom is just so cute sitting there holding his plush with a big smile. Jaebum continue to play with the baby when he heard Jinyoung scream for him from the kitchen. He contemplated whether to leave Yugyeom alone or not but decide that it’s safe enough because he’s in the play pen anyway. 

 

“Coming honey” 

 

Yugyeom furrowed his eyebrows, as best as he can, when he saw his daddy walk to the kitchen but he shrugged it out and continue to play on his own. Baby blabbers can be heard from the living room and that’s the only way both lovers know that the youngest doing just fine. 

 

Here’s a thing, Yugyeom is an adventurous baby. He will try, and I mean try really hard, to get what he want. So when he spot his target that standing proudly on the coffee table, he determined to get it. After all, it’s his bottle milk and he’s sure is want to drink one now. 

 

“uummpphhh” Yugyeom grunted as he pull himself up from the floor, holding to the edge of the bars. 

 

Yugyeom managed to stand on his own and he start to take steps towards his target. Left foot, right foot, left— tumbled a bit but he’s fine— right foot and so on. His little hands never leave the edge of the bars and sofa as he slowly make his way towards the coffee table. He’s so close to the target but he can’t reach it because if he wants to, he have to walk by himself. 

 

He pursed his little mouth, thinking very hard with his baby brain. Let it go or not, if not then he’ll have to wait for his mommy or daddy or his hyungs and that takes a long time. If he let it go, he will get the milk faster. Going with the second option, Yugyeom brace himself to let the fabric sofa go.

 

And there he goes taking his very first step without the help of anything or anyone. 

 

Reaching the bottle, Yugyeom cheered happily and plop his down. Drinking his milk with happy heart, he didn’t realized that Jinyoung is standing from the kitchen with mouth open in shock. Jinyoung is frozen because legit he just saw his youngest baby taking his steps for the first time! Well for Jinyoung it’s the first time.

 

“HONEY!”

 

“What what what?! What’s wrong? Someone get hurt? You got hurt? wh-“ Jinyoung cut Jaebum’s questions by pulling him to the living room. Jaebum just look at his wife with a question look, seeing that he just look at Yugyeom sitting down cutely while drinking his milk. 

 

“Just look!!” Jinyoung gestured to his husband but the latter still confused. Jinyoung huffed but then he remembered that the living room got CCTV. “Wait here” 

 

Jinyoung dashed over to the taping room, where every seconds everything that’s happen got recorded, and search over for the living room ones. Then he go back to the living room and show Jaebum the video. 

 

“OH MY GOSH MY BABY JUST WALK!” Jaebum screamed in excitement but that make Yugyeom suddenly drop his bottle out of shock and start to cry. 

 

“Aigoo.. my baby” Jinyoung hurriedly tend Yugyeom who pouted and eyes b with tears. “Sshh honey… daddy just got shock because you do something that makes us proud honey. Ssshh don’t cry anymore sash” 

 

Jinyoung swayed the baby because Yugyeom still sniffling here and there even tho he’s done crying. Jinyoung look at his husband who still frozen like a statue, being poked by Bambam and Jackson who look at his mommy with a questioning face. Jinyoung just shake his head and told his other kids to sit down at the sofa because he got a very exciting news to tell.

 

“What is it mommy?” Mark asked as soon he sit down

 

“well..” Jinyoung cleared his throat, “It seems like your youngest brother here will soon have adventures around the house with his two little legs” 

 

The kids, at first, got confused by their mommy’s words but Youngjae face suddenly lighten up. “AHA! Yuygeommie just walk didn’t he?!”

 

“HE IS?”

 

“IS HE?”

 

“WHEN?”

 

“OH MY GOSH!”

 

Jackson suddenly grab his baby brother from his mother’s grasp and put him in a standing position. He make sure that Gyeommie is stable before letting him go. 

 

“OH MY GOSH MOMMY HE STAND ON HIS OWN!” Youngjae loud voice bring another shock for the maknae and he fall down on his because of it. 

 

Jinyoung sat down in front of Yugyeom, a bit far but not to far, and put Yugyeom in standing position again. “C’mon baby. Come to mommy” 

 

All of them are on silent mode. Even the noisy Jackson. Jaebum is ready with camera as he sat beside Jinyoung, his hands are cold because of how nervous he is. “C’mon baby” 

 

Yugyeom is stable enough to stand but he’s still hesitating in taking the steps. Jinyoung encourage him more but the baby just clap his hands and plop his little down again. Jinyoung try again and sat back again, waiting for the baby to take his steps. 

 

And it happens.

 

Yugyeom took his steps again. Left foot, right foot, left again them tumbled down to his mommy’s lap because he lost his footing. 

 

“AAAHHH MY BABY CAN WALK!!” Jinyoung shrieks in excitement and he hug Yugyeom with all his might, plastered kisses here and there. 

 

The baby is clueless as ever but he’s smiling so wide because his family are cheering on something. The twins dance around Yugyeom and Bambam along with Youngjae join them. Jinyoung want to see it again so Jaebum put the camera and position it so the angle is towards them. He and Jinyoung spread their legs and connect each other foot, trapping Yugyeom in. 

 

“Come to daddy, baby” Jaebum clap his hands as Jinyoung put Yugyeom in standing position again. Yugyeom is a cheeky baby, so he dangled his legs  when his mommy about to stable him. 

 

“Gyeommie~” 

 

Yugyeom just laugh but stand again. The brothers are watching from the side and Yugyeom is taking the steps again. He landed on Jaebum’s lap and immediately smothered with kisses from Jaebum. “I’m so proud of you baby” 

 

Yugyeom practice few more times until Jinyoung call it end because he can see that Yugyeom is tired but the hyungs still want to play more, because their youngest brother just take his steps. 

 

“C’mon mommy please please” the twins look up to his mommy with the power of puppy eyes

 

“No”

 

“Pweash pweash mommy pweash” this time, it’s Bambam and Jinyoung is just weak if it’s puppy dog eyes

 

“Please mommy please, I’ll be good” Youngjae rub his hands together and showcase the eyes. 

 

Jinyoung close his eyes and sigh, these kids… Jinyoung shake his head but the kids were more persistent. Jaebum, who’s standing with a tired Yugyeom, chuckled as he saw that his wife is being bombarded with many ‘please’ and puppy eyes. Jinyoung look at his husband and send a ‘help’ stare.

 

“Okay boys. Break it up. You can continue to play again tomorrow but we have to sleep now because look, Yugyeom is tired” Jaebum said and show the almost sleeping Yugyeom on his arms, “Play again tomorrow so you can help him to practice too” 

 

The boys sighed in defeated but nod as they lined up to go upstairs with the parents follow behind them. 

 

“Oh no, you can’t fall asleep now because I haven’t brush your teeth you mister I-can-walk-now”

 

~

 

It’s the next morning when Jinyoung wake up but he heard no noise of Yugyeom’s cried that usually become his alarm. Looking over to the baby crib, he panicked when he saw no Yugyeom in there. “Honey!! Wake up!!” Jinyoung shook his husband few times.

 

“Ohh.. what’s wrong babe?” Jaebum asked, his voice is still groggy from sleep

 

“I can’t find Yugy—“ Jinyoung stop his sentences once he heard laughters from downstairs. He walk out from his room and peek down to see that all of his kids surround Yugyeom, making a circle with their foot end. 

 

“Come here Yugyeom. Look! Hyung got candies” Jackson bribed his brother, who still wobble but being held by Youngjae

 

“Hyung! We can’t eat candies before breakfast” Bambam exclaimed 

 

Jackson nod, “I know. It’s just for luring Yugyeom to walk. Besides, it’s not like he can eat candies yet” 

 

Jinyoung observed the kids playing for another few minutes when he felt soft kisses on his neck. Not turning around, instead lean back and still watch the kids play more with Yugyeom. Well, more like practice him to walk. 

 

“Good morning baby” 

 

“Morning honey” 

 

Jaebum nudge his head to the living room and Jinyoung just nod. “So that’s why I can’t find Yugyeom and that’s why the kids are very obliged when we told them to sleep so they can play with Yugyeom first thing in the morning”

 

“They’re having fun because Yugyeom can walk now. Let them play for a while. Besides, that means they help Yugyeom to practice” Jaebum said and his wife just nod.

 

They’re enjoying few moments of silence between them until they heard something and someone’s crying. Jinyoung take a deep breath and released it, “Guess it’s time” 

 

Walking to the living room with Jaebum in tow, he saw the kids crouching down and in the middle there’s a curling up Youngjae. 

 

“Baby what’s wrong?” Jinyoung approached Youngjae but the latter still whimpering, hands in between his legs.

 

“Mommy~” 

 

“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked this time, Yugyeom is on his embrace.

 

“Yuggie just kick Youngjae’s peepee mommy!!” Mark exclaimed with a loud voice.

 

Jinyoung eyes widen as he bought Youngjae to his lap, “Are you okay baby? We should ice them” Jinyoung went to the kitchen and back with ice packs. 

 

Jaebum eyes furrowed in confusion. He turn to the twins, “How come Yugyeom can kick Youngjae when he can barely walk straight yet?”

 

“Well….”

 

And that’s another story for another time. The point is, Yugyeom can walk now but he should be supervised everytime or he’ll do something that will bring you to heart attack. 

 



Eeekk I can just imagine the chaos when they know Yugyeom walk on his own lol.

Okay! So...

1. How's the chapter peeps?? Comment below ^.^

2. I've noticed that I rarely ask for what you want to see next... lol I'm sorry *bows down with Jaebum beside me*

3. Since it's holiday already, I will try my best to write with some of the suggestions that you guys sent to me (thank you!) but no promises to update ASAP... hehehe sorry *bows down again with Jaebum*

4. That's it...

Don't forget to leave comment ^.^ happy reading and enjoy! Thank you x - A