How Hard It Is (I)

The 임's

I will leave this here...



 

Jinyoung look down at the test pack in his hands. He’s sweating and he’s sure that his eyes are widening on it’s own from the shock. He can’t believe this. 

 

(+) Positive

 

It says like that. 

 

Jinyoung squeals on the inside, because he’s been waiting for this moment, but he also frowning because he’s afraid on what to expect. Don’t ask why but he just got the bad feeling. Not that he’s saying the baby will bring a disaster. No. A baby will never bring disaster to the household. More like a feeling where something big will happen and it will change the household. 

 

Jinyoung just shrugs it off, thinking that he’s just paranoid. Instead, he start to think on how he’s going to surprise his husband first then he can think on how to talk with the twins. It’s not going to be easy but Jinyoung just cross his fingers, hoping that the twins will accept another life to living up the household. With a grin, he steps out from the bathroom, already make sure that he put the test pack on somewhere secret and no one will find out, before he got slam by little bodies.

 

“Oh hi babies” yeap, the two teething babies are latching onto his legs. Clearly, Jinyoung can’t even go to bathroom in peace without these 2 tailing behind him.

 

“Mommy~” Jackson whines and snuggle more into Jinyoung, this is one of the sign that he’s sleepy or the teething is the most annoying thing ever. But, he can see Jackson rub his eyes then followed by a yawn from Mark. 

 

It’s a twins thing.

 

“Okay, let’s go sleep now before you get cranky hm” he hoist both boys up to his arms and to their bedroom.

 

One thing that Jinyoung love when it’s their bed/nap time is when he have to feed them. He love the way his child would look up to him with loving eyes but mouth concentrated on getting as many milk as they can. Sometimes, they even play wink with their mommy and that is the cutest thing ever. 

 

Burping both boys and tap their butts to go sleep, few minutes later they dozed off. The power of milk huh. Jinyoung thought as he look over to their small and peaceful face. He swore he can go hours just by staring at their sleeping face. Jackson is sleeping on the right side while Mark is on the left side, yes they share crib because neither Jackson nor Mark refused to be separated. They will cry non-stop if you ever try to separate them. 

 

“Sleep well babies. Mommy loves you so much” Jinyoung kiss each of them on their cheek and left the room, not forgetting to turn the star lights on and placing the green plush that they love too much.

 

~

 

“DADDY DADDY DADDY!!!”

 

Little clumsy feet run to the front door once they hear the door slam and the familiar voice. Immediately latch themselves to the man that standing still on work suits and messenger bag on his right hand, some folders on his left on, but he let it all go once he saw the two troublemakers.

 

“Hi twins. Kiss?” Jaebum smile as he feel the sloppy kiss and stood up properly, with both of them on each his arms, once he hears his lover voice.

 

“Mark! Jackson! Don’t do that when daddy have stuffs on his hands” Jinyoung scolds them softly, because Jaebum know that he can never really get mad to the twins because Jaebum is the one that is more on discipline side, and move forward to greet his husband properly.

 

“Hi honey” 

 

“Hi babe. How’s your day? What’s for dinner?” 

 

Jinyoung shrugs as he crouch down to pick the long forgotten messenger bag and folders, before walking to the living room with Jaebum tailing behind. “Nothing much. The twins still got some troubles with teething. I think it’s the most annoying phase because they cry non-stop and demand to snuggling all the time” Jinyoung move closer to the twins and exam them mouth, rubbing the aching gums few times. “Yeah, the teeth almost out but still takes time”

 

“And for dinner, how about some chicken and rice?” Jinyoung averted his eyes to his husband, asking. 

 

Jaebum nod, “Anything fine with me, but can yo-“ 

 

“Yes I know, your kimchi will be serve to. You traditional guy” Jinyoung cuts Jaebum off, in which the latter smile in thankful. Jinyoung hug his husband, with the twins in the middle, resting his head on Mark’s small shoulder. 

 

After few moments of silence, Jinyoung told Jaebum to freshen up first and since the twins are in cranky mood for today, they don’t want to be separated from their dad, Jaebum decide to bring the twins to bath too. Jinyoung just shake his head and nod, shoo-ing them off before going back to the kitchen to mind his dishes. 

 

Setting the table and baby chairs, Jaebum is on the head of the table with Jackson to his left on his baby chair and Mark on his left while Jinyoung is on Mark’s right, Jinyoung went to the kitchen to get the food. Placing each dish on the table, of course lighting up scented candles is a must because Jinyoung love when his kitchen smells like vanilla and coffee. 

 

“Boys.. Dinner is ready” Jinyoung calls up for his husband and boys through the intercom that’s placed all around the important rooms, credit to Jaebum who’s being a lazy guy.

 

Will be down in a minute bab- noooo Jackson don’t eat the powder it’s bad for you” Jaebum scold his son through the intercom and that’s funny, Jinyoung can’t help but laugh. 

 

He surely got a weird partner and a weird kids. 

 

Dinner went well. 

 

Totally a lie because Jinyoung is sure if the dinner went well, that means no rice flying around or, somehow, a piece of chicken get stuck in one of the twins’s hair. Yeap… totally a dinner that went well. 

 

“No honey come here so I can- Nooo Mark don’t jumbling around you’re still !! Gosh I hate it when he do that with his little ” Jinyoung mutters the last part as he grab the super hyper kid. “Gotcha! Come here” at last, Jinyoung managed to put the pjs pants and Mark is now clinging onto him like koala.

 

“Why is my baby so clingy today hm? Is it still hurting baby?” Jinyoung brush Mark’s hair and check his gums again, surely it’s still a bit red and thus why Mark keep chewing on his toothbrush when Jinyoung brush his teeth. 

 

“Mommy sweepy” Mark rubs his eyes, his right hand somehow manage to find it’s way to Jinyoung’s hair and he start to play with it. 

 

It’s the twins habit out of nowhere. When they get clingy, either to Jaebum or Jinyoung, they will play with the hair and fall asleep if they get super tired. Another habit that they got is also when they wake up, the first one to wake is actually Mark because he’s the easiest one but you have to kiss him on both cheek then one on the forehead, then it’s Jackson. When it’s Jackson, you have to rub his back few times, few kisses and pick him up. He will awaken by that time. It’s just few of many habits the twins got.

 

“Babe, come. I got Jackson already” Jaebum call for his wife from the door and Jinyoung nod as he bought the almost sleeping Mark on his arms. 

 

Swaying here and there, few lullabies, and a goodnight kiss later, the twins are asleep in peace. Their little hands join together and lips turn into a cute pout with red cheeks on. 

 

“rest well, my babies” 

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum back to their bedroom and get ready for bed. Doing the usual routine, with few kisses being sneaks in, and finally their body is rest on the fluffy bed. Jinyoung is actually kind off nervous right now because he still don’t know on how to tell his husband but all he know is that he have to tell him tonight. 

 

“Where are you going babe?” Jaebum asks as he feels Jinyoung frees himself from his grip, but he got no answer. 

 

Jinyoung is in the bathroom, currently holding onto the test pack and super nervous. He really can’t bring himself to go out the bathroom but he know he have to be out soon or else Jaebum would question him. Jinyoung look down at the test and then to his belly. Pretty much sure he can see little budge on it. Just thinking that he’s carrying another heir for the s is already mind-blowing but he’s happy.

 

“Jinyoung-ah? Honey?? Babe? You okay?” Jaebum knock and that made Jinyoung jump, almost drop the test.

 

“Uh.. Y-yeah i’m okay” Jinyoung stutters. He open the tap and wash his face once more, looking into the mirror and chant himself to be brave.

 

Surely you would think that this not a big deal but it is to Jinyoung, because he know that Jaebum wants children but he don’t know if Jaebum want to handle another one. Jaebum know that Jinyoung always want at least 5 kids but Jinyoung also know that Jaebum only want 2. Not that Jaebum will complain or anything but Jinyoung just afraid if Jaebum will reject both him and the kid inside him.

 

“Are you okay?” Jaebum ask once he saw his love walking to bed with a nervous face. He’s sure that he can see beads of sweats on Jinyoung’s face on the cold room.

 

Jinyoung shake his head. He sits nervously on the bed, right hand behind his back holding to the test tightly. “I-uh… I want to talk something with you” 

 

Jaebum began to sit up and face Jinyoung, concern and worry plastered on his face. “You’re not asking for a divorce or left me with the twins right? Tell me what you want and I will grant it” 

 

“No no no gosh… No I would never do that” Jinyoung shake his head furiously.

 

“Then what?” 

 

Jinyoung bit his lip before the test pack to Jaebum’s lap. Jaebum confused but pick up the test pack. He look at it for good 30 seconds, yes Jinyoung count it, before looking up at Jinyoung, then down again to the test. Jaebum clearly not stupid and he know what’s on his grip right now.

 

“Jinyoung….” Jaebum trails off as he look at Jinyoung and the test in his hands again.

 

Jinyoung fiddles around nervously with the hem of his shirt, tears b on his eyes as he’s getting himself ready for Jaebum to throw him out the room. Or worse, out from the house. 

 

“I’m sorry” Jinyoung sobs as tears run down his cheeks

 

Jaebum shook his head, “No no… why would you say sorry??” 

 

Jinyoung look up to face his husband, expecting a sad or angry look but all he saw is Jaebum in tears with a big smile on his face. “Baby this is amazing!!!”

 

Next thing Jinyoung know that he’s being carry by his husband and twirl around. Jaebum stop to set him down and kiss him hard on the lips, saying thank you’s over and over again. Jinyoung went to calm his hyper happy husband by dragging him to bed again and cover both of them up. Jaebum immediately went and roll Jinyoung’s shirt up so he can see his stomach. There’s tiny bump and from the look, Jinyoung guess, it’s around 3 months plus few weeks.

 

“I love you baby” Jaebum kiss the bump before moving up to kiss Jinyoung, “I love you too. Be healthy” 

 

Jinyoung nod and before he knows it, he’s sleeping peacefully with warm hands protect the baby and himself. 

 

Well… peacefully until the twins decide to scream and cry because their gums are hurting. 

 

~

 

“Babe, I’ll be going!” Jaebum shouts from the foyer, still struggling with his tie. 

 

Jinyoung shows up with apron still on, wiping his hands into it from the water, with twins sleepily tailing behind him. He chuckle seeing his husband struggling with his tie before moving forward, with Mark because he’s clutching to the apron, to help him. Jaebum smile down at the concentrate face of his wife. Jinyoung’s little tongue sticking out at the end and his face is as serious as ever. 

 

“Done” Jinyoung straighten the tie and look up, only to received a loving kiss on the forehead and a smile.

 

Jaebum move down to scoop Mark to his arms, kissing both cheeks and scoop Jackson up too when the kid whine in jealousy. The twins play a bit with their daddy, playing the ultimate kissing on the cheek game. Each take turns to see how much they can put on other’s cheek. Jinyoung smile at the scene in front of him. And there will be another addition soon… Jinyoung thought as he absently rub his baby bump over the big sweater and apron. 

 

Jaebum notice and he move to his wife before kissing his cheek. The twins followed and giggling after that. 

 

Jinyoung smile and take both twins from their daddy, claiming that Jaebum is late. “You will meet him in the afternoon guys” Jinyoung explains but the twins keep whining to the point they’re almost in tears. 

 

Jaebum felt bad but he have to do this in order to put roof over his family’s heads, to put luxurious food on the table and to shower them with amazing gifts and love. He realized that he’s been way too busy in the office for the past few weeks because of his new project. Jaebum look to Jinyoung, his tired wife that’s trying to calm the twins down by bribing them and kissing them on the cheek, he feel bad. He notice that Jinyoung is exhausted just from his face, especially now that he’s pregnant and battling with some morning sickness. 

 

“Babe…” Jaebum calls for his wife, who’s so busy handling two crying twins now. 

 

Jinyoung look up with a questioning face. “Huh?”

 

“Let me take the twins today” 

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Jaebum wince from the sudden loud voice and so does the twins. “Jeez babe don’t shout”

 

“I’m not.. just shock. But what?! Honey no. They will mess your office or worse, make you can’t work! Don’t. I know you got big project so don’t mind them like this! Bunch of pororo episodes and some fresh fruits later, they’ll be good” Jinyoung told Jaebum but the latter just shake his head.

 

“Go bath them, I’ll be waiting in the kitchen. Got to tell others that I’ll be late and finish up few things first” Jaebum strictly told his husband and glare a bit when he saw that Jinyoung about to refused. 

 

In the end Jinyoung took both twins to the bathroom and Jaebum went to the kitchen. Sitting on the island, he open his laptop and start to revise over the documents his secretary send to him. Not forget to call few people too regarding his late. 

 

Upstairs in the twins bathroom, Jinyoung is struggling because the two doofus are to excited to come with their daddy to the office. It’s been their wish to go and accompany Jaebum but Jinyoung never let them, afraid that it will make Jaebum not focus. Jinyoung sigh as he finish bathing the twins and wrap them in one big fluffy towel, before bringing them to the bedroom. 

 

The twins play peek-a-boo while Jinyoung choose their clothes. Going with pastel colors theme seems good for the day so Jinyoung opted with a yellow button up shirt with bow tie sewed on it and a blue pastel shorts for Mark, and for Jackson it’s the same but his shirt is blue while his shorts is yellow. Jinyoung also style their hair a bit and when they’re done, Jinyoung have to admit he got 2 handsome boys and he’s proud. 

 

“Come baby. Let’s not make daddy getting more late” 

 

Jaebum is in the middle of having a convo with his secretary when he saw Jinyoung appear with both twins on his arms, styling the cutest outfit ever and Jaebum can’t help but squeals. He open his arms and the twins immediately jump to him. “My babies” 

 

“Okay so this is their diaper bag and this is for the food. I got it all covered and all you have to do is heat them up. This is their milk and make sure to burp them when they’re done. Make sure both of them not eating sweets because babe please, not until they’re 3 years old. Don’t forget to feed Jackson first if you want to be easy and they also lo-“ Jinyoung rants a lot but Jaebum cut him off.

 

“Honey slow down. They’re my kids too don’t worry about it. I’m their father” Jaebum softly remind his wife. 

 

Jinyoung nod, “I know. I guess I’m just nervous. I mean this is their first time to go work with you and I guess it kinda scares me a bit” 

 

Jaebum went over to his wife and rub his shoulders in assure, “don’t worry. They’re a good kids and I’m sure that they will not budge at all. Just rest. Because you’re pregnant and I don’t want you to get sick or something” 

 

“I will” Jinyoung went over to the twins, that are busy playing with some toys, and kiss their heads. “Mommy loves you guys so much. I’ll see you in the evening yeah?” 

 

The twins leaps to their mom and kiss hard on the cheek. “We love you too mommy” smiling with gums still a bit red. Jinyoung notice this and told Jaebum about the teething. Jinyoung remind him to make sure that at least give them the teether if they’re fussy. 

 

“Okay, let’s go boys. Say bye to mommy” Jaebum told the boys and they ran to their mommy and kiss him once again before running to the car. 

 

Jaebum turn to his wife and peck him a kiss before he jog down to the car and strap both kids first, then he went to the driver seat. Saying good bye and he off to work with the twins. Jinyoung let out a sigh once he saw the car keeps going and go back inside. He look over the foyer and for once feeling weird because it’s so quiet. 

 

There’s no squealing or babbling noise. There’s no someone’s crying. No cute laugh. It’s just empty. 

 

Jinyoung suddenly start to feel sad but it all change when he open the fridge and saw frozen mango. He smile and take out the container before devouring it while watching some movies on TV. For some reason, he didn’t feel sick or lost appetite or anything like his first pregnancy. When it was with the twins, Jaebum almost move the office to home because of Jinyoung non-stop sickness and Jinyoung refused to eat. This time, he feel really good and life is just great.

 

I guess pregnancy does me good. Jinyoung thought and smile as he take another bite of mango.

 

~

 

Few weeks later and Jinyoung is now 5 months old. The bump is clearly shown now and of course, the kids has been asking about it. It’s not that easy to explain that there’s a baby inside it and they will have another one added to the household. Jinyoung and Jaebum have to sit down the twins and them. As Jinyoung predicted, the twins asked so many questions that it needs big patience to answer it. 

 

Jinyoung smile as he remember how Jackson asked him whether their brother/sister will play with them or how Mark asked Jaebum if he/she will want to watch pororo with them. Of course, the question ‘will you guys love he/she more than us’ is there and resulting a waterfall of tears for Jinyoung in the end. Jaebum just rub his shoulder in comforting manner and the twins run to Jinyoung and sat on his lap, saying that Jinyoung shouldn’t cry or it will hurt the baby. 

 

The twins, somehow, taking the news calmly. Well, Jackson sometimes still cry if he saw his parents talk seriously about the baby but other times he’s excited. He’s in the middle between loving his soon-to-be brother/sister or he still want to be the baby of the family. Between the twins, it’s clearly shown that Mark is the eldest one while Jackson is the youngest despite he was born couple minutes later after Mark. 

 

Nowadays, Jinyoung is getting much bigger and get tired so easily. His appetite is getting bigger to and the cravings are more weird than when he have the twins. His mood sometimes are up and down, but thankfully he never snap in front of the kids. Jaebum has been helping him so much but because he still got the big project to do in his office, sometimes he’s coming back late at night and it irritate Jinyoung to no end.

 

Jinyoung is stirring the soup in the pot when he heard his phone ring, indicating there’s a text. Walking over to the twins, they’re playing with Jinyoung’s phone, he switch his phone with his iPad and read the text. It’s from Jaebum. Jinyoung sigh as he read the text before hands reach to his temple, rubbing it in circular motion.

 

My Defsoul Husband💞

 

I will come home late. Don’t wait up for me - 06:50PM

 

“Mommy wat’s wlong?” little voice ask, looking down and it’s Mark. His eyes shine with worries while Jackson is busy watching some cartoons on the iPad. 

 

Jinyoung opted to answer but in the end he just shake his head, claiming that he’s fine and it’s just the baby kick again. Mark mouth form an ‘o’ before he continue to watch again. Jinyoung watch over the twins for a bit, laughing as he see how Mark is clearly the eldest one as how he completely take over the iPad and Jackson just sat there complying with any videos Mark want to watch.

 

“Share, okay babies?” Jinyoung kiss both forehead before going back to the kitchen.

 

Jinyoung don’t know what happen between him and Jaebum but he felt like there’s no love between them again. Jinyoung still love him, heck he dearly love his husband so much but he thinks Jaebum doesn’t love him anymore. 

 

Eversince he got big project to do, coming home late and always moody, Jaebum shows mini attention to his little family. Jinyoung still clearly remember how the twins suddenly run to him, crying, because Jaebum just snap at them for asking to color together. 

 

 

“Do you need to snap at them? They just missed you and want to color with you” Jinyoung approach his husband but the latter waves him off. “Oh don’t you dare wave me off mister, we got 2 kids crying downstairs because you told them to ‘get lost’ an-“

 

“SHUT UP!” Jaebum sudden scream shock Jinyoung and he just froze.

 

Jinyoung regains his conscious and stare at the man in front of him. Jaebum is breathing hard to the point his face is red. “Excuse me… husband? Did you just scream?”

 

“I DID! I FXCKING DID OKAY! SO WHAT?!” Jaebum screams.

 

Jinyoung went over and held Jaebum’s hand, intertwining their fingers. Jinyoung look over to the tired shoulders and how Jaebum’s face suddenly turn to regret and tears b in his eyes. Towards his husband un-usual behaviour, Jinyoung move even closer and eventually sat himself on Jaebum’s lap.

 

Jaebum immediately went and cuddle, nuzzling his head to Jinyoung’s crook neck with tears silently falling down. Jinyoung ran his fingers through his husband’s hair, occasionally kiss the crown while humming soft lullaby.

 

“You okay now babe?” 

 

Jaebum just nod. He didn’t know what happen to him but all he know is that he’s tired at the moment. 

 

“I’m tired babe. This project is big but there’s few people that wants me to go down. It’s stressful enough, plus I still have to think about you and the twins. I need to keep both of you safe and happy” Jaebum pours over what’s worrying him. 

 

Jinyoung silently nod his head, fingers still ran over Jaebum’s soft strands. 

 

“-to top that, I think someone’s clearly want to bring me down” 

 

“Are you done?” 

 

At Jinyoung’s question, Jaebum look up and nod before snuggle more to Jinyoung’s warm upper body. 

 

“Babe I think you’re over stress. You need to take few days of break” Jinyoung suggests but Jaebum shake his head.

 

“I can’t. Too much work if there’s no me in the office” 

 

Jinyoung sigh, he bought Jaebum’s face. “Honey.. If I told you to take a break that means you have to do it or else something worse happen. Look, even before I suggest you to take a break you already snap at the twins. We don’t want that to happen again, do we?”

 

Jaebum shake his head. “then take a break. 3 or 4 days without you in the office will do good and nothing will happen. In those days, just don’t look at your phone work. Play with your sons, I know they miss you” Jinyoung kiss Jaebum’s forehead and his cheek. 

 

Jaebum leans more to his wife’s hand and nod. “Okay. I will call Jinhwan now and take few days off until I’m stable again.” 

 

“We need to work on your anger management babe” Jinyoung exclaims and Jaebum nod. “I know. we need to” 

 

Jinyoung clap his hands and stood up, “I believe you have apology to make and I have to make a kitchen to clean” 

 

 

Jinyoung snap off from his day dream when hands tugging to the bottom of his apron. Looking down, it’s Jackson rubbing his tummy. “mommy I’m hungwy”

 

He crouch down to meet eyes with the younger twins. “I know baby. The soup is almost done so why don’t you help me with setting the tables huh?”

 

Jackson furiously nod and went ahead to grab few plates and utensils, along with the help from his brother. Jinyoung never know how setting up table can be really fun, but he guess for kids everything is fun. 

 

“Good job my babies. Now, sit down and grab your bibs” Jinyoung instructed and the twins obey. 

 

They sit patiently on their own chair, eyes went big as they saw Jinyoung put the food in front of them. 

 

Jinyoung laugh when Mark went over his table to grab the mini-shrimp. “No baby, let me peel the skin first then you can eat it” 

 

Mark pout but comply anyway as Jinyoung bring over his full plate. The baby immediately devour the food as if it will be gone. 

 

Dinner with the twins can be so messy but that’s the time where Jinyoung can see how fast his babies grows up. He remember how Mark usually need his help with his food or how Jackson should get fed ever 2 seconds or else he wouldn’t eat again, he miss those times. 

 

Jinyoung is helping Jackson to eat his beans when the house phone rings. He stood up to pick it up before going back to the dining room. 

 

“Hello?” the phone is in between the shoulder and ear as Jinyoung keep feeding Jackson.

 

Nyoung??” 

 

“Ah.. Eomma hi, sorry still feeding the kids— No Jackson don’t do that or else you will fall— sorry mom, what?” 

 

A chuckle can be heard from the other side, “Nothing. Just want to tell you that this saturday we will have the usual lunch at our backyard” 

 

Backyard? Usual lunch? Yeah, it’s Jaebum’s mom or Jinyoung’s mother in law. She’s… nice. Well, ever since Jinyoung got twins she’s been nice but Jinyoung can clearly see that she’s trying her best enough to like Jinyoung. Jinyoung doesn’t mind though, he even want his mother in law to love his kids more than him. 

 

The 임’s (Jinyoung’s in laws) LOVE to have the ‘lunch’, lunch here not just the usual lunch between him and Jaebum’s family. Oh no… wrong. More like a mini-gathering party with bouncy castle just for the twins because they’re 1 year old now. 

 

Not that Jinyoung hate it, but it takes lots of energy if there’s lunch like that. 

 

“Ahh.. Okay Eomma I will tell Jaebum when he gets home. Anything you want for me to bring?” 

 

“No no haha, just bring my grandkids because I miss them so much. Oh and please do tell that husband of yours to pick his phone up” 

 

Jinyoung can feel the eyes rolling from his mother in law.

 

“I will, of course, haha. About that… Jaebum is busy eomma. He got this big project and… yeah he’s just busy. I’m sorry if he didn’t pick up to your calls I make sure to tell him” 

 

“You should. Anyway, I should go now. The big ol’ man want to have dinner outside. See you on saturday Nyoung-ah!”

 

“I will eomma, see you soon. Love and kisses from the twins” 

 

Okay, bye Nyoung. Take care” 

 

Jinyoung nod and he hang up. Looking down, he see a big mess that the twins left behind. Looking to his kids, they just smile with gums still a bit red. Jinyoung smile and pick both of them up before putting them on their own playpen in the living room. 

 

“Don’t wander anywhere, mommy will be just right in the kitchen or dining room” 

 

Jinyoung left the twins with pororo cartoons on. Something that will keep them entertained until I finish cleaning the kitchen. Jinyoung thought as he go back to clean the mess with phone on his hand. There’s no notification whatsoever from his husband. 

 

Jaebum just… where are you? Jinyoung is worried because Jaebum nowadays rarely contact him. Heck when he gets home the first thing he do is going to the bathroom then immediately went to bed before Jinyoung can ask him anything.

 

“Mommy mommy, Mawkie hewe wants an apple” Jackson cutely told Jinyoung when he sees his mommy join them in the living room. 

 

“He is?” Jinyoung turn to Mark and the eldest just nod his head slowly while a yawn escape his lips. 

 

“Didn’t know that you’re already sleepy Mark. How about cuddles, babies?” Jinyoung offers and the twins immediately sprint to their mommy. Jinyoung thanking God for his fast reflex or else Mark will be face first on the floor while Jackson will literally fall down tumbling. 

 

The trio settle down with a Disney movie playing and blankets surrounding them, warm enough for the night. 

 

“Why is the man didn’t want to go mommy?”

 

“Why is she have a long haiwr mommy?”

 

“Can mine be like dat?”

 

“Mommy I want thwat!”

 

“Mommy the giwl is sho pwetty but youwrs mowe pwetty” 

 

And so on the convo goes until the twins dozed off. 

 

It was when Jinyoung heard no questions came from the little mouth then Jinyoung know that they are asleep. Jinyoung smile and kiss both forehead before slowly laying Mark on the couch then take Jackson with him to his room. Laying him on his own crib, which is next to Mark, Jinyoung sooth him out first because he’s wriggling around but finally stay still. 

 

Jinyoung go back downstairs to pick Mark but found that the baby is sitting up with droppy eyes. “My baby, why are you awake?” Jinyoung asks, Mark is snuggling more into him. 

 

“Whele is daddy, mommy?” Mark sleepily ask, his little fingers are rubbing his eyes. Probably try to rub the sleepiness away but Jinyoung know that the kid is sleepy.

 

“Daddy… will be home soon. He’s still busy honey” Jinyoung answer and pick Mark up as he bought him to his room. “Sleep my baby. Daddy will greet you in the morning” 

 

Mark smile sheepishly as he close his eyes and his thumb. Jinyoung cringe and try to move the thumb away, but rub Mark’s back as the baby whines at the loss. One of the bad habit Jinyoung want to rid so badly. 

 

Not forgetting to turn the night lamp on and put their favorite stuffed animal, a green baby bird, Jinyoung close the door and casted his eyes to the stairs because he heard the sound of door being closed. 

 

Hurriedly run down the stairs, Jinyoung is meet with a tired Jaebum sitting on one of the sofas with documents on his hands. Jinyoung is good-damn so afraid to approach his husband because of how moody he is nowadays, but Jinyoung just have to brace himself because he needs to tell about the lunch anyway.

 

Timidly, he take few steps and sat beside Jaebum. The latter give no response as he keep scanning over documents on his hands, constantly groans at every report he read. 

 

“Umm.. H-honey?” Jinyoung stutters. Heck he never stutters unless he’s at wrong or he’s afraid. 

 

“What?” 

 

At the cold tone, Jinyoung gets even more nervous but it’s his husband! He shouldn’t get that nervous… right?

 

“Y-yo-your mom c-ca-called an-and she said t-that—“

 

“Goodness Jinyoung, can’t you not stutter and talk faster? I need to read this and take a bath then go to sleep” Jaebum cut his wife off, scowling he go back to read. 

 

Truth to be told, Jinyoung is hurt. Jaebum know how badly Jinyoung gets afraid with a moody Jaebum but right now the latter seems like he didn’t care at all. 

 

“Your mom called, she want us to come over to have lunch this saturday. Told me to bring the kids too and told me to tell you, to pick your phone up when she calls” Jinyoung end the sentences in one breath. 

 

Jaebum didn’t move nor respond. It feels like it’s been long time since he visit his parents but he know that he can’t visit them because of his works. Jaebum shake his head, clearly missed the sad expression that’s plastered all over Jinyoung’s face. 

 

“No. I can’t go. I have to go to Japan this friday until next tuesday” 

 

“What?!” Jinyoung shout but then he remember his kids are sleeping. “and you didn’t tell me??” 

 

“I told you now” Jaebum carelessly says and throw a paper to the ground, murmuring that it’s a trash report. “you can go if you want. Don’t expect me to be there. Tell her I said sorry and next time will do” 

 

Jaebum move to go upstairs but Jinyoung held his wrist. “What now?”

 

“Jaebum.. honey please…” 

 

Jaebum just sigh as he turn to look to his wife. Eyes cold enough to freeze the whole antartica and that frighten Jinyoung. 

 

“When. I. say. I. can’t. that. means. I. can’t.” Jaebum spoke. “Understand?” 

 

Jinyoung casted his eyes downwards and just nod. He feels lost and alone if the situation like this. 

 

“Let go of my wrist now because I need to freshen up” Jaebum spoke and before Jinyoung can release it, Jaebum snatch his wrist and fast walk to upstairs. 

 

Jinyoung let out a breath that he’s been holding and he can feel tears b on his eyes. He’s trying his best to not cry but it seems that he can’t hold it anymore. With Jaebum’s constant mood swings, the twins and he got another on his stomach to think and care of, Jinyoung is exhausted. 

 

It bring him back to where they’re still dating and Jinyoung have to deal with Jaebum’s mood swings several times. He had to admit, Jaebum’s anger is beginning to quiet down a bit ever since he found out Jinyoung get pregnant. Jinyoung is happy with how hard Jaebum trying to tone down with his mood swings. 

 

Nowadays, it’s because of how big the project that he got and how so many people try to bring him down despite they know how ruthless Jaebum is when it comes to his works and company. Jaebum is being too hard on himself and Jinyoung afraid that one day he will break out from the anger that he’s been holding in. 

 

“Honey.. please do know that I’m here if you ever need my help” Jinyoung sobs. 

 

He try to calm himself down before joining his husband on their room. 

 

The once warmth bedroom that’s now casted with cold feelings that make Jinyoung prefer to sleep in the twins’s bedroom. 

 

~

 

“Oh thank you Jackson, that was lovely” Jinyoung murmurs sarcastically as he feel Jackson puke against his shoulder. Jinyoung was so lucky he wore a towel underneath whenever one of his kids feeling sick and want to being carried anytime. 

 

One of these finest days and Jackson just have to pick today to get sick. Thank goodness Mark didn’t get infected and that’s why Jinyoung put them both apart. Which is a lot of hard work because the twins never get separated.

 

“Come baby, let’s get you on a warm bath first” Jinyoung bought Jackson to the bathroom where he already prepared a warm bath. 

 

Mark is tailing behind him, curious, he got mask on (too big on him but Jinyoung make it work and he’s just so cute). He stays at the bathroom door while Jinyoung undressed Jackson. Little Jackson is red all over. His nose is red and his body is too warm for a normal temperature. 

 

“Mhommy I wfont fweelhs goosh” Jackson whines as he feel his nose stuffed up. Despite his still-not-correct grammar and slurred words, Jinyoung understand and it broke his heart to see his child is sick. 

 

He can only pray that Mark didn’t get infected.

 

“I know baby I know. After this I will give you your medicine okay, so you will feel better. Don’t cry baby. Mommy’s here” Jinyoung wipes away few tears that escape to the chubby cheeks and quickly go on with the bath.

 

Done with bath, Jinyoung took a rolled up Jackson to the bedroom and laying him down on the bed. Mark still silently follow his mommy but start to play with his twin once Jackson set down on the bed. Jinyoung took a peek onto what’s the twins doing, only to find they’re playing tickling game. 

 

“Okay Mark, off Jackson now because I need to dress him” Jinyoung shoo-ed his eldest away. Dressing Jackson in a warm onesie along with cardigan and a beanie, Jinyoung check his temperature again. Frowning when he sees that it’s still kind of high. 

 

“Let’s get your medicine shall we?”

 

Feeding medicine to a 1 year old is totally a war. There’s no way Jackson wants to drink it and Jinyoung have to bribe him with few things and so far, he promise Jackson an ice cream and choco milkshake along with spaghetti covered in cheese. 

 

That kid LOVE cheese too much Jinyoung is worried. 

 

Jinyoung put down a sleeping Jackson to his own crib and kiss him few times before pulling the comforter up to his chin. Slowly walking out with Mark, Jinyoung head downstairs. 

 

Pulling out his phone, he try to call his husband to inform him but the latter didn’t pick his phone calls. Weird. Jinyoung thought. 

 

Soft patter of feet come towards him then tugging down to Jinyoung’s sweatpants. “Mommy”

 

“Yes honey?” Jinyoung crouch down so he can get eye-level with his eldest but the baby only make a grabby hands motion, indicating he want to get carry too. “You want to get carry too? Why don’t you help mommy make cheesecake for dessert hm?”

 

Mark nod his head happily, “ ‘kay mommy!” then he wriggling around to be put down before run to the kitchen. Jinyoung assumed he went to grab his apron. 

 

Jinyoung smile, he look at his phone again but there’s no missed calls nor texts from Jaebum. He’s been calling and texting Jaebum since morning (Jinyoung didn’t even see him when he woke up because Jaebum went out first to the office), trying to tell his husband that Jackson is sick. Jinyoung is worried sick about Jackson, because if his temperature didn’t go down by evening, he have to bring him to the hospital. 

 

“Mommy!” a high-pitch scream bring Jinyoung back to his world. 

 

“Yes honey I will come. Wait a moment” Jinyoung try to call Jaebum one more time but got rejected. He sigh as he put the phone down and follow Mark, who came and (cutely) drag him to the kitchen.

 

~

 

“I need you to take notes on whatever happen with our branch in Singapore and I want you to report it to me in exactly one hour from now. You may go”

 

“I need you to list down the employees that’s in this terrible mess. Report back to me in 30 minutes from now. Go”

 

“Please do make me some coffee Jinhwan, I need it now”

 

and that, ladies and gentlemans, is our CEO currently dealing with all the hectic that’s been going on at the office.

 

Jaebum feel like he’s at the point where he almost explode. He love his job, but sometimes it’s too much and he need a break. Desperately. He sigh as he saw more of his employees come to the office to report things. Jaebum didn’t even know that he got this many employees. 

 

In the middle of snapping at someone (totally his fault for making the wrong report), Jinhwan came in to report something but Jaebum is mad like volcano. Telling Jinhwan to come back again later but the latter is hesitated, as if he got something more important to tell on. 

 

“I already said not now, why the heck you still standing there? Get the fxck out” Jaebum deadly words send shivers to everyone in the room and Jinhwan got no other option to obey his boss.

 

Outside, he pick the phone up and inform that Mr. Im is indeed busy and can’t be disturb. He tell the news with heavy heart and full of regret for not trying harder when he heard the pleas and cries from the person at the other side. He’s really torn between trying again but he can’t. Once Jaebum said no, he will forever stay at his choice. 

 

Please Jinhwan tell him” the person sobs, “I need him right now. Please” 

 

Jinhwan lips quiver as he try to held in his tears. “I.. I already inform him. B-but he shoo-ed me out. He didn’t want to listen”

 

FOR GOODNESS SAKE JINHWAN HIS SON IS ON THE FREAKING HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW AND YOU TELL ME THAT HE DON’T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU?!” Jinyoung sobs more to the phone. 

 

Jinhwan can hear little whimpers and he immediately know that it’s Mark. Jinhwan can only imagine how confused the one year old boy is when he saw his mother crying and sobbing on hospital floor while his brother is being exam at next room. 

 

J-Jinhwan ple-please… I beg you” Jinyoung beg one more time and Jinhwan know that he need to tell this immediately or this will be his forever guilt.

 

Jinhwan with strong determination, walk himself to the bear cave. Of course he brave himself and he know that his own cousin wouldn’t hurt him. Probably only screaming at him but he will take it as long his nephews and his cousin-in-law not in tears and begs like back there again. 

 

That shivers him down to the core. 

 

Jinhwan knock but he got another scream as reply. Taking a deep breath, he open the door despite few ‘no’s from his co-worker. Jaebum look up and Jinhwan swore his heart just stop beating for a second because of how scary his cousin look.

 

Jaebum about to open his mouth to protest but Jinhwan beat him into it. 

 

“You’re freaking son is in the hospital right now, probably fighting for his life, and your pregnant wife along with your eldest son are currently sobbing because they need you. Please do pack your bags or prepare to have divorce paper once you’re home” 

 

In that moment, Jinhwan felt air swooshed and he know that Jaebum made the right choice. He just hope that his cousin is on his right mind or else… it’s another disaster. 

 

Bringing himself to the world, he sees couple of employees standing with a confused expression, reports are on their hands.

 

“Dismissed.. gentlemans, since our big boss have something more important to do. Good evening” Jinhwan bows and make his way out. 

 

I need a warm bath and pizza… yeap I totally need that. Jinhwan thought as he pack his things and leave. He know that if anything happen, his boss will contact him. 

 

~

 

“I’M HERE AND WHERE IS MY BABY?” a flustered, full of sweats running down his face, Jaebum came. 

 

He look around and spot a nurse. “QUICK TELL ME WHAT ROOM IS IM JACKSON OR YOU’LL BE FIRED” 

 

What can he say, he literally own almost 3/4 of the city. Of course everyone know him. 

 

The frightened nurse stutters with her answer and Jaebum immediately dashed to where Jackson is located. Stopping in front of the hospital room, Jaebum don’t know why but he got nervous so sudden. His fist hesitated for a moment to knock but he knock and enter anyway. 

 

Entering the room, he sees the hyper Jackson is now laying with IVs on his right hand, his 7 months pregnant wife is beside him sleeping on a chair while his eldest baby Mark is sleeping on the sofa. It broke his heart to see his little family, somewhat, look broken. 

 

Jaebum silently approach Mark, who’s been wriggling around. “Hey baby” he kiss his forehead and the baby smile. Jaebum can see that his teeth began to grow. 

 

“Daddy!” Mark leaps to Jaebum’s arms, snuggling his head to the warmth embrace. “Mommy has bween waifting fowl you” 

 

“He is?” Jaebum ask, shock. Mark nod as he yawn again. 

 

Jaebum carry him and carefully sway him again. He know that Mark is still sleepy but too stubborn to sleep again. What can Mark say, he miss his daddy so much. 

 

Jinyoung grunts because he hear voices, opening his eyes he meet with the sight of sleeping Jackson. Jinyoung can breath in relief when he sees that Jackson is sleeping peacefully and his body or face isn’t red again. He can’t get the picture of gasping and out of breath Jackson from his mind. 

 

“Bad fever… Mr. Im and thank goodness that you bought him sooner or else he can’t be saved” 

 

Can’t be saved. 

 

That sentences ran around in Jinyoung’s mind ever since Jackson’s out from the emergency room to transfer in normal ones.

 

Jinyoung is so deep in his thoughts he didn’t realized that his husband has been standing behind him. Guilt and regret are plastered all over his face. 

 

“Jinyoung” 

 

Jinyoung froze for a while but managed to bring himself back. He turn around and saw his oh-so-lovely husband, standing there with a sleeping Mark on his arms. Jinyoung can see how much Jaebum love his kids so much, but he can’t see how he can still stand strong in the marriage if these kind of pains are what he will feel if Jaebum choose works more than his little family.

 

“Put Mark down. Let’s talk outside” Jinyoung cut Jaebum off when he saw that his husband want to talk. His eyes casted on Jackson, checking that he’s okay and will not wake up for another hour, Jinyoung walks out the room with Jaebum tailing behind him.

 

He know that if he choose to speak inside, he will terrified both boys. 

 

“How’s Jackson? And Mark? Did the baby do okay? Are you tired?” questions pouring out from Jaebum. 

 

Jinyoung can’t answer, nor think on how to answer it. Heck he didn’t know what to say to his husband that he just see for good for the first time in few weeks. Jinyoung even wonder why Mark warm up to his daddy so fast since last time Jaebum went to work for 3 weeks (at that time, it’s all good and Jinyoung know about it) Mark ignored his daddy for 2 days straight. Only talk when needed. 

 

“Jinyoung, honey wh-“ Jaebum starts but Jinyoung cut him off

 

“Do me a favor hyung? Stay in the hospital for a while. Until Jackson is out” 

 

Jaebum look at his wife in disbelief. Not because Jinyoung ask him to stay in the hospital, Jinyoung just call him ‘hyung’. It’s a shock for Jaebum because Jinyoung never really calls him like that. The last time he did it, both of them break up. 

 

“Just until Jackson is out hyung. You don’t need to go back home or anything but just please stay here until Jackson is out. Play with him, feed him, entertain him or anything else. I beg you please” Jinyoung is almost on his knees if he didn’t remember that he’s pregnant. 

 

Jaebum is in confusion, as in why his wife is begging like this. “Wh-wha.. Jinyoung, what is wrong?”

 

“Please I beg you hyung. After that you can go back to your work but please, for you kids sake please stay with them. Don’t mind about me because I’m fine” Jinyoung is sobbing right now. 

 

He tried his best to held his tears but Jinyoung can’t handle it anymore. The constant pain that he feel for the past few weeks because of the cold shoulder his husband offered to him, dealing with hyper twins and his pregnancy pains nor cravings. Not that he regret it, he love it but he needs someone by his side.

 

He’s rooting for his husband that’s too busy with works. 

 

“Jinyoung I don’t understand” Jaebum exclaims. Heart beating so fast, he’s afraid on what Jinyoung going to say next. 

 

Jinyoung brace himself to make the next decision. He really think about it numerous times.

 

“Don’t mind about me because I’m requesting for a separation for a while” 

 



Part II coming soon! 
 
x - A