Morning

The 임's

Mark & Jackson  : 6 years old

Youngjae : 4 years old

Bambam : 10 months



It’s a peaceful morning and Jinyoung is sipping his coffe, drown in his new book that he’s been wanting to read but never got the time to do it. 

 

Wait, let me re-do it again.

 

It WAS  a peaceful morning… Until Jinyoung eldest twins decide that it’s their best time to start a fight over a shirt. 

 

“MOMMY!!!!” Jinyoung sigh because that’s his cue.

 

Closing his book and leaving his half-empty cup of coffee, he began to make his way upstairs to their room. Halfway upstairs somehow, a little creature dash towards him and hug his legs with the sound of quiet wailing. Jinyoung look down to the youngest of the eldest twins, Jackson, with snots and tears all over his red face. 

 

“Mommy! Tell Markie hyung that I want to wear the donkey shirt today to school!” he cutely stomp his little feet and if Jackson isn’t full of tears and anger, Jinyoung would surely coos and pinch that chubby cheek

 

Jinyoung can only sigh and pick him up, making his way to the twins bedroom. What he saw inside was a chaos. Shirts thrown everywhere, pillows and blankets scattered all over the floors and there’s a shirtless Mark standing in the middle of the room with a crossed arms

 

“NO MOMMY NO! IT’S MY TURN TODAY! NOOOO” 

 

Jackson wiggled his way down and strut over to Mark. He grab, rather harsh, the donkey shirt from Mark’s grasp and quickly put it on himself. Mark face suddenly change from a bossy eldest twins into a crying face.

 

Jinyoung close his eyes for a moment. God.. and it’s only 7 in the morning. He took a deep breath before calmly sit down on the floor and pull Mark to his lap. Wiping away his tears and calm him down with a few coos and words. Jackson, being Jackson that’s so naughty, he make Mark cry even more by showing him that he’s ready and Mark isn’t, so Mark can’t wear the shirt.

 

“Jackson please stop or else you’ll wake baby Bambam” he glared as softly as he could, “you don’t want to upset him now, do you?

 

Jackson didn’t say anything, he only look down at his feet. Shuffling from left to right and mumbling a ‘no’. He make his way to, now, sniffling red face Mark and stretch his right hand out to him

 

“I’m sorry Markie hyung…” 

 

Mark hide his face to Jinyoung’s chest, refusing the sorry from the latter. Jinyoung urged him softly to accept Jackson’s hand but Mark shook his head in a ‘no’, telling Jinyoung that he’s ‘heartbroken’ because Jackson is going to wear it today. Though, Jinyoung 100% sure that Mark doesn’t even know the real meaning of ‘heartbroken’ 

 

“C’mon Mark… Jackson said that he’s sorry so as the eldest and a big boy, you should forgive him okay?” 

 

Mark look up at from his hiding place and put on a pout to Jinyoung. Jinyoung just shook his head and push him slowly to Jackson, who’s by now will cry in matter seconds if Mark didn’t stand up and shake his hand. 

 

Mark let out a sigh before standing up and hug Jackson instead, “It’s okay Jackson.. I forgive you and don’t worry you can use the shirt today since I wore it last week” 

 

Jinyoung let out a soft ‘aww’ from his spot and smile at the scene that’s happening in front of him. Feeling proud that their 2 boys can rejoiced again after mini-fight (it’s always happen, sometimes they’re too stubborn to say sorry to each other). Thinking he’s done with his job, he stand up and tell the boys to get ready fast because they’re going with their dad today. He make his way to the master bedroom, to wake his husband up, but meet with a sight of a sleeping Bambam on Jaebum’s chest. Little Youngjae is curled up beside him, his thumb with a  slight smile on his lips. 

 

He sit on the edge of the bed for a moment, absorbing the image in front of him that for sure he’s not going to trade it with anything the world can offer to him. Looking at the clock and he decide that it’s time for the 3 of them to wake up. 

 

“Honey… wake up” He softly pat his husband chest. his hair and cheek couple times before patting him again

 

“Oh Jinyoung-ah” Jaebum slowly began to sit up while cradling Bambam to his chest more, in a comfortable position

 

“Morning babe” he gave Jaebum a peck on the lips before taking, now wide eyes, Bambam

 

“and morning to you too my little snake” he blew raspberry to Bambam stomach, making the baby laugh with joy

 

“The twins are up?” 

 

“Yeah.. with a little fight before but all good now” Jinyoung softly pat Youngjae’s bum, “wakey wakey baby” 

 

“I heard. That’s why Bambam is with me” Jinyoung nod and Jaebum join him to wake their sleepiest baby

 

“Youngjae-ah… wake up now baby. You have school today right? Mr. Kim said that today is drawing day” 

 

Youngjae didn’t budge at all so the only option is to tickle him and at that one, his laughs fill the room. “Ahahahahah stoooppp— hahahahaha— stop daddy—— hahaha”

 

“Will you wake up now?”

 

“Yes yes” he jump down from their parents bed and race out immediately to the bathroom, but not before kissing his parents and baby brother on the cheek

 

PRAAAAANG!!!!

 

The lovers look at each other before muttering ‘twins’ under their breath. This is why whenever it gets too quiet with them, you should never trust them. 

 

“I’ll go check on them. You better start get ready because if I’m not wrong, Jackson supposed to be on school by 9 because of the sports festival opening”

 

“Aha you’re right!!!” Jaebum run his way to the bathroom

 

At the sound of shower running, Jinyoung stand up and make his way downstairs to check what kind of chaos the twins start now. Arriving in the kitchen, Jinyoung isn’t surprise when he saw the twins crouching over his broken coffee cup and hissed when they touch the hot liquid

 

“Jackson don’t touch it! Mark stay away from the glasses it can hurt you” Jinyoung ushered all of them to the dining room

 

Placing Bambam on his baby chair and turn around to meet with 2 toddlers, head hanging low and hands in front of them

 

“Now, what did mommy said to you guys about playing with my coffee?”

 

Both of them didn’t look up, Mark start shuffling nervously on his foot and Jackson just fiddling with his shirt. “C’mon guys I don’t have all day” Jinyoung tapped his feet, waiting for the answer

 

“We’re sorry mommy!!” Jackson sniffs, hugging his right leg

 

“yeah mommy we’re sorry. We didn’t mean to! We’re just curious” Mark look up from his hiding place, which is his mom’s left leg, “forgive us?” he let out a cute pout and use the puppy dog eyes

 

Jinyoung let out a sigh before bend down to reach their height, “boys.. I’m not mad but I’m telling you guys that it’s dangerous. What if mommy or daddy isn’t at home and suddenly things like that happen? Both of you can get hurt” 

 

He turn his eyes to look at Mark, “Mark, for the last time.. my coffee cup is made out of glass and it’s dangerous if it’s broken. The sharp part can make you bleed” 

 

Mark’s lips start to quiver, he imagine the blood and the slash. Shivering at the thought because he hate blood. Jinyoung turn his eyes to look at Jackson this time, “And Jackson, my coffee will never taste good for your tongue. Don’t try to take a sip again okay?

 

Jackson sobs and ran to his mother’s arms followed by Mark, “We’re sorry mommy… We promise we will not do it again” 

 

Mark nod along and wiping his tears with his hand. Jinyoung just smile softly at both of them, “Be careful next time okay my boys? Mommy don’t like it if he saw his children get hurt” 

 

The three of them stand up from their position, only to be greeted with a loud laugh from Bambam and Youngjae who got his shirt and pants wore wrongly. 

 

“Mommy… I feel weird” Youngjae pull at the collar of the shirt because he feel like getting choke

 

Jinyoung let out a soft chuckle before attend to what his sunshine child need

 

~

 

“Okay boys be good at school and always listen to what your teacher said, don’t pick up a fight and try to make lots friends okay?” Jinyoung told the boys his rules everyday for school time

 

“We know mommy” 

 

After pulling the zipper jacket all together, Jinyoung pat Mark’s bum telling him that he’s done. He immediately rush out to the front porch with his pororo backpack hanging from his shoulder. 

 

“Mommy help me” 

 

Jinyoung turn around to see a bundle up waddling Youngjae trying to tie his shoes but because of the many scarfs Jinyoung put on him, it makes it kinda hard

 

“Does he really need to wrap up like that?” Jaebum asked from the front door. He swore that if Jinyoung put another scarf on Youngjae, that child can’t walk and people would mistake him as a giant fluff ball

 

Jinyoung nod as he tied the shoes up, “He’s not really recovering yet from his cold so I don’t want him to catch more with his kind of weather” 

 

“All done sweetie” Youngjae smile at his mommy and pull him in for a kiss 

 

“Bye mommy! Pick me up later okay??” he waved and join his brothers that already seated in the car

 

“I will honey. Be good and make sure to draw well” 

 

Youngjae nod from the car and settle himself in the carseat, waiting for his dad to strap him up. Jinyoung turn to look at his husband this time. Jaebum stood there with a dark blue long coat and his usual suit is hiding underneath it. His hair style up and sleek today.

 

He’s really so handsome. Jinyoung sigh as he look at the mirror that they have beside the jacket wardrobe. He stand there with a white loose shirt that have tears stain, a sweatpants that got stained by the baby food and his hair is damp with a tired face on. 

 

Jaebum, who notice the sudden sullen mood, look at his husband in question. He walk towards his husband that’s too busy staring at his reflection in the mirror. “What’s wrong?”

 

Jinyoung startled at the sudden warm breath at his ear and the arms that circling around his waist. He shook his head indicating nothing happen and turn around to face his husband. He let his arms wrap around his neck and just stare at those sharp yet soft eyes. He let his eyes roam around Jaebum’s face. He love every corner of his face, especially that 2 dots above his eyes. 

 

Sudden on his cheek pull him from his wonderland, to a smile that form on Jaebum’s face. “What’s wrong? I won’t take no for an answer”

 

“Nothing.. It’s silly. You should go or the kids will be late” he ushered him out the door but Jaebum hold on his heels

 

“Tell me. I’ve seen you looking in the mirror with a sullen mood” 

 

Jinyoung shake his head more, “Not now. Later okay? The kids going to-“

 

DIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

 

They jump at the sound of the car honk. Jaebum glared at Jackson, who just flash him an innocent smile, he roll down the car window “C’mon daddy! I don’t wanna be late or Mrs. Jung going to be mad”

 

Jinyoung just laugh at their kids shouting at Jaebum, telling him to go faster. You can clearly hear Youngjae whine also because he’s not strap yet. Seeing Jaebum didn’t move from his spot, makes Mark get down from the car and pull on his dad’s hand

 

“Okay okay I’ll be going now. Just let me kiss your mom first okay” Jaebum chuckle and jog to Jinyoung, give him a peck on the lips, “bye babe. See you later and send my kiss to Bambam too” 

 

He then bend down a bit to Jinyoung’s stomach and give it a peck too, “bye baby. Behave” he give it a little glare but peck it again. It’s ticklish and Jinyoung squirmed a bit.

 

“I will. You better stop kissing my stomach and go now. Be careful” Jaebum nod and jog down to his car. Strapping all of his children for safety and enter the driver seat. Jinyoung wave as the car zoom out and lost from his vision. He close the door and turn around, only to be greeted with a crawling Bambam

 

“Aigoo… Is my baby trying to reach mommy now” Jinyoung kiss him all over his face, the baby laugh and that sound is the most loving sound that Jinyoung ever heard. 

 

He put Bambam on his playpen with BabyTV on and start to clean the dining room and kitchen that’s so chaos because it’s always like that on Monday morning. Jinyoung is wiping the dining table when suddenly he felt a kick on his stomach. He hiss because it shock him and hurt a bit. 

 

He look down and rub his stomach softly, “baby.. behave with mommy today okay? I love you” and just like magic, the baby stop kicking but still moving around. 

 

Finish with cleaning the dining room and kitchen, he peek into the living room and saw that Bambam is playing with the baby toys and mumbling baby words. He plays well… Jinyoung shrugged and continue his journey to the bedrooms all over the house, collecting dirty laundries and start the chores right away

 

And that’s how Jinyoung morning goes… Until Bambam cries from the living room could be heard from the laundry room