The Big Step

The 임's

(Mommy with his eldest and youngest xD haha) 

Edited



“Jin-nie!!!”

 

“Nyoung!!”

 

The two best friends meet up somewhere in the cold city cafe. Wrapped in long coats, red noses and cheeks, they greet like they separated 3 years ago and just met now.

 

“Oh my gosh how are you my bride-to-be best friend???” Jin teases and wriggles his eyebrows, arms nudging Jinyoung once in awhile.

 

Jinyoung hid his red face, mumbling words behind it.

 

Yes, you read it right. Jinyoung the bride(or groom, but Jaebum know that Jinyoung is the bride)-to-be since 3 weeks ago, where Jaebum finally mustered up to ask the question to Jinyoung. It was nerve-wracking since when Jaebum popped the question, Jinyoung managed to bring himself in frozen mode and thus created little chaos in Jaebum’s heart and mind where he’s so afraid that Jinyoung will say no.



 

It never crossed Jinyoung’s mind that the day where Jaebum propose is today. He never knew that Jaebum will propose right on his birthday since the duos never really talk about marriage. Well, they talk about it but never really thought that it would happen in the closest moment.

 

The sun shine really brightened that day and Jinyoung is getting ready for work, but decides to visit his boyfriend first. Wearing his black turtleneck pairing it up with ripped jeans and white shoes, he’s checking his appearance for the last time before going out the door.

 

For some reason, Jinyoung feels anxious yet excited for no reason. Well, he knows that he’s excited because today is indeed his birthday, but he’s anxious because of how absurd and weird his boyfriend acts nowadays. Jaebum will always find a way to avoid Jinyoung and the latter doesn’t like it. He feels like there’s something that Jaebum is hide but he doesn’t know.

 

I just hope that you’re not che- wait wait no, he would not do that…. right? Jinyoung let out a sigh as he entered the IM Co. building.

 

Smiling here and there, saying thank you for the birthday wishes and received so many presents, he continued his journey to the top floor. Entering the office, he didn’t see his boyfriend in his sight.

 

“Weird…. He should be here” Jinyoung looked at his wristwatch and indeed it shows that it’s 9AM now.

 

Jinyoung called his cellphone but the elder didn’t pick up. He frowns even more when he asked Jin where the heck his boss could be and Jin shook his head, implying that he also didn’t know where the big boss is and it’s weird since Jaebum would usually tell him first if he’s ever late.

 

“Don’t you have work Nyoung?? It’s almost 12” Jin says, looking at the clock on his desk.

 

Jinyoung immediately jumped when he saw the time and bid goodbye to his best friend, rushing his way down the building and not forgetting to remind Jin that if his boss arrived then please do call Jinyoung.

 

Such a miracle that Jinyoung can make it to his workplace in 10 minutes by foot from Jaebum’s office. Usually, it would take 20 minutes or more since Jinyoung walks like a sloth (or in his defend is that he’s simply taking the nature with him).

 

“I’M HERE!”

 

He barged in and sees his co-workers breath in relief. Jinyoung sheepishly smiled and ran to the back room to change his outfit. Another day, another paycheck. He thought and put on a  smile where it can lure customers, especially girls, to enter the cafe.

 

“Hi, welcome to Angel’s Cafe. May I take your order?”

 

And that goes on for hours until his shift is done.



 

Meanwhile on the other side, there’s a particular young man that is very nervous even though he’s the CEO of the no. 1 company in South Korea, already faced so many ruthless business man that underestimated his ability because of his young age yet he can win over them and basically someone who can make you bow down when he walks by.

 

Jaebum is basically sweating underneath his nice ironed white button up suit, hands clenching a box hidden underneath his curled up fist.

 

“Oh c’mon man! I can assure you 100% that Jinyoung will say yes and both of you will live happily ever after with 5 kids in the household” Namjoon tries to make his best friend/boss stop from pacing around the floor.

 

Not sure why the floor hasn’t burn yet.

 

“I can’t man! Dammit!” he kicks the chair that’s placed near him. “I’m so nervous. I mean, what if he says no? I’ve been avoiding him for the last few weeks because whenever I look at him all I can see is me kneeling down in front of him, waiting for his answers. Let me tell you, it’s really nerve-wracking”

 

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, “more nerve-wracking than making a deal with that ‘ruthless’ japanese man??”

 

“Yeah, more than that” Jaebum nods, continuing with his pacing. “Gosh, I just hope that he didn’t think anything bad”

 

“I don’t think he would” a new voice joined the conversation and both boys looking up, to see Seokjin invite himself inside the room and plop down beside his boyfriend. Kissing his cheek first then turned to his boss. “I mean, he basically came here this morning and asked for you. He looked worried. He was almost late to his job because he’s so stubborn waiting for you to come and before you ask, no he’s not late to his work and I make sure of that. No, he’s not thinking that you’re cheating or anything”

 

Jaebum let out breath of relief. “Oh thank goodness”

 

He can’t keep calm. Right on his hand is the velvet box that he’s been carrying for over a month now, waiting for the perfect time to be open and Jaebum decides that on Jinyoung’s birthday is the day where the box will shine.

 

Yes, Jaebum decided to (finally have the guts) to propose. He knows that he’s ready for marriage life with Jinyoung by his side, through thick and thin. Some people talk some sense to him, saying that he’s too young and Jinyoung is someone who’s not good for him because of his social status, but Jaebum brushed it off. He knows by heart that Jinyoung is the one for him and he’s the one for Jinyoung.

 

“I can just feel growing old with him, you know” Jaebum smiles, taking a seat in front of the two lovers.

 

Jin reached to hold Jaebum’s hand. “I know you do. Heck even both of us know it” he smiles. “You just have to believe in him that he want this too”

 

“Thank you for coming here, have a great day” Jinyoung bows down to the girls that, finally, left the cafe.

 

The clock shows that it’s almost 6 in the evening. Jinyoung finally can rest now since his shift is over and he can go with Jin now. His best friend, for no reason, asking him to have dinner with him tonight to celebrate his birthday.

 

Speaking of birthday, one thing that upset Jinyoung is that, despite numerous birthday wishes from his colleagues, he received none from his own boyfriend. Heck the elder didn’t even call him today despite numerous missed calls and texts Jinyoung sent to his phone. Checking his phone once again and find none under the contact of ‘Jaebum hyunggie~”, Jinyoung changed into this morning outfit again. Saying byes to his co-workers and boss, thanking them for the day, Jinyoung walked to the restaurant where he and Jin promise to meet.

 

The sky's getting darker and lights are out on the street, creating beautiful scenery over the hectic road and people rushing here and there to get home from work. Jinyoung looked up to the sky and smiled. Something about walking underneath the stars in the night made him feel safe. He loves the warm feel from the bright sky even though it’s night time.

 

Peeking through the restaurant glass, Jinyoung frowns when it’s dark and no one’s inside. He text Jin, asking his whereabouts when Jin just told him to enter because he’s 5 minutes away from there. Shrugging, Jinyoung entered the restaurant, kinda surprised that it’s not locked.

 

“Hello?” Jinyoung walks more, hands going around trying to feel anyone surrounding him. “Anyone here? Is the restaurant open?”

 

A bright spotlight suddenly shined down in front of him. A chair nicely done with white cloth and a pink bow around it and a note telling Jinyoung to sit down. Jinyoung looked left and right but found no one so he just sat down. Feeling nervous, he really hoped that this is not a scam or kidnapping session going on.

 

Jinyoung about to open his mouth and call someone, someone calls his name.

 

“Jaebum hyung?” he looked left and right, finding no one. “Jaebum hyung where are you? Please don’t joke with me, it’s scary….. hyung?”

 

“Look in front of you baby”

 

And true for that, standing there is a handsome man followed with a monochrome suit that Jinyoung always loved and his hair style in the perfect way to show his forehead. Hands pocketed deep in his pants as he slowly walked towards his love.

 

“I’m here darling” Jaebum softly whispers in Jinyoung’s hair because the latter immediately ran and hug the heck out of his boyfriend.

 

“You stupid” Jinyoung punched Jaebum’s chest numerous times (not a hard one of course), tears running down his face. “You stupid. Why the heck did you avoid me, huh? Did I do something wrong? Were you not satisfied anymore? What did I do, huh?”

 

Jaebum shushed his love, whispering his answer and assured Jinyoung that he’s okay and the relationship is okay. Jinyoung is full on sobbing now but a few back rubs and soothing words from Jaebum, he’s okay again.

 

“What are we doing here hyung? What are you planning?”

 

Jaebum smiled and brushed the bangs away from Jinyoung’s eyes. “Remember that today is your birthday? Happy birthday honey”

 

With one snap, the restaurant lights up and it look so beautiful. Decorated in the most elegant and not too fancy, Jinyoung’s favorite. Cinnamon scented candles placed in the way it would make a path towards the lonely table that’s decorated so beautifully.

 

“Hyung….” Jinyoung mouth is agape. He can’t believe that Jaebum made a private dinner just for his birthday.

 

They sat down and the foods came. Yes foods, because Jaebum says that Jinyoung is too thin and since he didn’t work at the company again thus making Jaebum can’t keep track on his lunch. The two lovers chat with each other, catching up on things they missed and Jaebum purposely avoided any Jinyoung’s question regarding why he’s missing this morning and for the past few weeks.

 

When they’re done, Jaebum dragged Jinyoung to the outside part of the restaurant. The garden part is more beautiful and Jinyoung adores how the bright night sky matched with the atmosphere.

 

“What are we doing here hyung?” Jinyoung asks, he’s being pulled to stand in the white blanket that somehow laid there.

 

Jaebum didn’t say anything. Instead, he gave a signal to someone and told Jinyoung to turn around.

 

“Oh my gosh hyung….”

 

There stood Jin and Namjoon, along with his family and Jaebum’s family. Some of Jaebum’s best workers and his bodyguards team also there. Jinyoung smiled so big but frowned in confusion when Jin and Namjoon suddenly brought white paper in front of them.

 

“Will You? What is this guys?” Jinyoung asked, averting his eyes to his best friend but Jin just shook his head and gestured him to read more.

 

Jinyoung squinted his eyes, trying to read the next words and gasps. He put the two together and indeed, it says ‘Will You Marry Me?”

 

Jinyoung turned around, about to call for Jaebum but shocked when he found that the latter is on his one knee position. Hands shakily holding the velvet box that held the most beautiful ring that Jinyoung ever seen. It’s a simple one but Jinyoung knows that it cost a lot since Jaebum is never really a cheap man.

 

“Jinyoung-ah… “ Jaebum starts. Jinyoung’s hands covering his mouth in disbelief. “Remember when we talked about our future and how I’m so sure that you’re the one for me? Now is the time where I want to make you mine, forever. Jinyoung, I’m ready to face the next step and life with you. I’m ready for all of that. I’m ready to take care of our 5 kids that you always wanted, ready for sleepless nights when we just got our baby, ready for waking up with you beside me every single day”

 

“But moreover, I’m ready to grow old with you by my side. So…. Will you marry me?”

 


It was silent.

Jinyoung kept silent and that made Jaebum worry so much. Jaebum gave signals to Jin, telling him to check what’s wrong with Jinyoung because the latter just stood there with hands over his mouth and tears running down his face.

Jaebum finally stood up and took Jinyoung to his arms, “Baby you okay? I’m sorry. So sorry. Forget that. I can wait for you, don’t worry. I know you’re not re-“

Jinyoung cut Jaebum off, shaking his head in disagreement (or it’s a disagreement in Jaebum’s eyes). Hands shakily moving towards to hug Jaebum so tight. Face pressed down to his neck, inhaling the sweet musky scent that Jaebum always have before slowly standing on his tip toes to whisper in Jaebum’s ear.

“I…..”



GOT7 JUST CAME TO MY CITY FOR THEIR FANMEETING AND SADLY I CAN'T WATCH THEM *cries in the corner* AND BTS IS COMING TO MY CITY FOR THEIR WINGS TOUR GOD HELP ME :( 

Long time no see readers!!! How you've been doing huh? I'm so freaking busy with my college and this is all I can give to you guys for a moment so I'm sorry if this is so short :( I promise you that the next one will be a long one hihi. 

I miss you guys and thank you so much! Thank you for still subscribing to this story hihi. All love.

x-A