Chapter 6

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Present time]

 

 

Jiyeon shook her head remembering the past she had with him. After that night, when she gave herself to him. She went away. She went out of the country and lived with her bestfriend in US for 5 years.

 

For years, she force herself to forget everything about Myungsoo and to change. It didn't take long for her to learn how to live without getting hurt and fighting back.

 

There, she also learn how to socialize and fit in with people, with men. The hurtful experience she had teach her how she should treat them. With that, she never let anyone have a special place in her heart again. Yes, she dated men but not exclusively and she never gave herself to anyone. She love herself to much to sleep with just any other guys.

 

She came back to Korea 3 years ago, everyone that she knew met a new Jiyeon. Everything is going well until she saw Kim Myungsoo. Never in her wildest dream that she wished that they would meet again, can she still continue going on with her life.

 

'Of course, you can.' she reminded herself. She had moved on from him, he can't ruin everything that she build already for herself. She had changed because of him. 'Hmm, why don't I show him what I've got. He's no different from other guys.' that idea made her compose herself back. She smiled and walked towards him.

 

"Hi, Myungsoo. Long time no see." she greeted.

 

"Oh, h-hey, Jiyeon-ah. You... you've changed." hint of disgust can be heard from his tone.

 

Jiyeon shrugged her shoulders. "So they say. Woohyun-ssi, a glass of margarita, please, thanks."

 

"You drink alcoholic beverages now?" he ask.

 

"As you've said awhile ago, I've changed." She took a sipped from her drink. "So...how are you this past years."

 

"Just fine. I manage our businesses in Japan and Singapore. I go home here in Korea whenever I can."

 

"I see. Who manages your business here then? Your father?"

 

"Yeah and my younger brother."

 

"You have a brother?" she ask. He never told her before that he have a brother.

 

"Yeah. And a noona."

 

"Then how did you end up handling your businesses in Japan and Singapore if you have two siblings?"

 

"My noona got married and her pregnancy is a delicate one that time and my dongsaeng is still in college so I volunteered. Besides I needed some time away so I took the opportunity. I thought, that time, making myself busy can help me moved on."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter