Chapter 17

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Just take me with you." Jiyeon whined at Myungsoo who is packing some of his clothes in a bag. He had a flight going to Japan tomorrow at dawn and Singapore after, to turn over his position completely to one of his trusted employee there.

 

They had a civil wedding two weeks ago, he said he just wanted to make sure before she change her mind. The church wedding will be after she gave birth to their baby.

 

Myungsoo is a perfect husband. He was so attentive. Whatever she ask him, he'll give it to her. Even if it's impossible, he'll try to make it possible. There was a time that he had to go out to search for a open store which sells sweet tamarind, dried mangos and peaches because she was craving for them and it was in the middle of the night. Thankfully there are convenience stores which opens for 24 hours nowadays. He didn't complain, not even once, eventhough he just lied down the bed after finishing some company reports.

 

"Flights can be stressful and dangerous for a pregnant woman, babe." he explained.

 

"Then why don't we take a private plane? Maybe it wouldn't be that risky."

 

"I don't wanna put you and the baby at risk. I'll be gone for just a week. Before you realize it, I'm here already. I called the Ajumma from before to accompany you and Mom will come by often to visit you while I'm gone." he said.

 

"Will you miss me?" she ask while jutting out her lower lip.

 

He turns to look at her direction, he stopped packing and went to sit beside her on the bed before cupping her face with his hands. "Of course, I will miss you."

 

Tears started to form in her eyes. "Then why don't you take me with you?" she whined more like a child, just thinking of not seeing him for a week made her feel like crying.

 

He smiled warmly at her and grabbed her to sit on his lap. "Babe, we have to make sacrifices. You can't go on travel. It might put you and the baby in danger."

 

"I will miss you." her tears flow down her cheeks mercilessly. He wiped them away with his fingers.

 

"You're becoming a crybaby nowadays, huh."

 

"Yah, there are beautiful girls in Japan and--"

 

"Are you jealous? Don't tell me you're falling inlove with me?" he joke, but there was an obvious hope in his voice.

 

"Is there something that I should be jealous about?"

 

"Of course there is none, you're the only one I love. Besides you're beautiful than them because you're pregnant with my child. I only have eyes for you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes." He peck her lips. "Let's sleep now, you shouldn't be staying up late."

 

He carried her bridal style and gently put her down the bed before he continued packing. Not too long after, he joined her in bed and after a while both fell asleep in each other's arm.

 




 

A week had passed already and Jiyeon misses her husband so much. She wants to see him now and tell him that she loves him very much. The nights were cold and lonely without him. It's already past the time he usually call. Was he still busy? She really miss him so much so she grabbed her phone and dialed Myungsoo's number.

 

After five ring, he finally picked up but instead of hearing Myungsoo's voice it was a woman's voice who answered the phone.

 

"Hello?" the woman snapped on the other line.

 

"Hello? Can I talk to Myungsoo, please."

 

"He's in the middle of something, Jiyeon sshi." the woman said in a sarcastic tone. "You're the wife, right?"

 

"Yes. May I know who you are?" she asked.

 

"Me." the woman scoffs. "I'm the woman he should've married, the woman he really loves."

 

Jiyeon gritted her teeth. "Excuse me? I'm the one he truly loves. Would he marry me if doesn't?"

 

"Poor, Jiyeon sshi. I really pity you, you know. He's still feeling guilty for what he did to you some years ago that is why he's been chasing after you. Then out of pity, he bedded you. And since he's a very responsible man, he married you. He's at peace with himself now knowing that you have forgiven him when he married you, and then he gets to have the baby he needed."

 

"W-What do you m-mean?" she ask.

 

"Well, on his grandfather's last will and testament there was this stupid condition written that he should have an heir before he reached thirty or he won't be able to get his inheritance. I still have no plans to have a baby yet so we had a fight. The next I knew, he flew back to Korea and got you pregnant. He's been calling me eversince, asking for forgiveness. The will stated that the child should be legitimate so he had to marry you. Then he went back here and ask for my forgiveness. Now we're back together." the woman stated, so full of herself.

 

"You're lying..." her voice is shaking.

 

"I am not. I love Myungsoo and I don't really care if he's married."

 

"Liar. I don't believe any single word you have said. You're just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter