Chapter 18

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Jiyeon's car got inside the gate of their house she spotted Myungsoo standing infront of the front door. He tired but still handsome. He was still the same man who takes her breath away just by looking at him, and that same man who broke her heart into million pieces.

 

She shouldn't be feeling affected by his looks. She had to completely erase him to her heart and mind. He fooled her and shouldn't be forgiven. Before going out of her car, she sigh deeply to calm herself.

 

Myungsoo greeted her with a smile. He bent down to kiss her on the lips but she avoided it and went pass him making Myungsoo frown in confusion and held her arm. "What's wrong?" he asked.

 

Jiyeon yanked his hand off her arm and shot him a glare. "Do you really have to ask?" she ask angrily before going inside the house followed by him.

 

"If it's about me forgetting to call you the other day, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I've been busy with a lot of paper works to deal with that I forgot where I put my phone."

 

She stop on her tracks and faced him. "Is that what you think this is all about? I'm not that shallow, Myungsoo! And why does it matter to you? Stop acting as if you care. I won't buy that, at least not anymore." she yell at his face.

 

"I don't understand, you're talking in riddles. Why don't you make things clear and tell me what the problem is? For goodness sake, Jiyeon, I can't think of anything that I did to make this happen to us!"

 

She laughed sarcastically while clapping her hands. "You have such a good acting skills. You look as if you really mean every word you said. But sad to say, it won't work on me again. I know everything. Wealth and power hungry bastard." she said before leaving him.

 

 

 

"Where are you going?" Myungsoo ask as he saw Jiyeon, who is all dress up and ready to go, pass by the kitchen, where he is currently at.

 

"Why do you ask? It's none of your business."

 

He went near her. "It is my business. You're my wife."

 

"Oh right, here in Korea, I'm your wife. How about outside the country, who's your wife?" she ask in sarcastic tone.

 

Confusion registered on his face. "What do you mean by that?"

 

"I've had enough of this, Myungsoo." she walked towards the stairs again.

 

"You're not leaving this house unless you tell me what's going on, Jiyeon." Myungsoo said angrily but she ignored him and continued walking.

 

He gripped on her arm tightly. "Let me go, Myungsoo."

 

Myungsoo took a deep breath and releases her arm from his grip. "Babe, please, let's talk." There was pain and tenderness in his voice. "Don't make me suffer like this. Tell me what's wrong. Let's work this out?"

 

But the pain and tenderness in his voice undid it. It only brought back the pain that she buried deep in her heart. With tears flowing down her cheeks, she turn around to face him and gave him a hard slapped on his face. "How dare you talk to me that way. Don't act as if you're the victim here. You fooled me again just like how you did before! You made me believe that you love me, but everything is just an act!"

 

"I don't understand." He looked lost, totally had no idea with everything she accused him of. "I never fooled you. Everything I told and showed you, is what I feel. When I told you I love you, I meant every word of it."

 

"Stop it, Kim Myungsoo! I won't believe in your lies anymore. I know the real reason why you married me, it's because of the baby...to get your inheritance."

 

"My inheritance? Where did that idea came from? Jiyeon-ah, I married you because I love you not because of my damned inheritance! I don't even give a about that!"

 

Jiyeon shook her head. "You're really good in acting. I know about your woman in Singapore. I know that you married me because you couldn't shook off the guilt about what you did to me eight years ago. I know everything because your mistress told me!" she screamed.

 

Myungsoo's angrily looked at her. "So this is what it's all about, huh? Somebody told you all this lies and believed the immediately? You didn't even have the decency to ask me? Shouldn't you be asking me for an explanation if it's real or not?"

 

"Damn you, she already showed me some proofs!" her tears falling mercilessly.

 

"What kind of proofs? Pictures? Of what? We were kissing? Or Hugging? Or Making out? Haven't you heard of photo editing and Photoshop?"

 

That shut her up. Could he be telling the truth? Was she just blinded by hate and anger? Is it just a coincidence that the woman she thought was Myungsoo's mistress answered her call accidentally?

 

"Just a couple of incriminating pictures and you let this happen to us? Is that how little you trus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter