Chapter 19

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THREE MONTHS. Three months had pass and still no word from Jiyeon. Even the private investigator that he hired couldn't find her. The amount of concern he has for her is getting higher each passing day. He's worried sick about her well-being. Is she doing fine? Is she eating well? What if she had fallen in love with someone else?

 

The moment he found out that she left the hospital without telling anyone, he got mad. There she goes again, hiding. He thought the reason why she went away was because of her selfishness and refusing to face the problem. It was then he realize he was wrong after he read the letter she left for him, she was letting him go.

 

 

He memorized the contents of the letter as he read it over and over again. He couldn't imagine the pain she was going through while she was writing the letter.

 

 

 

I'm letting you go. I'm sorry for causing you a lot of pain, heartache and for everything that I did to you. For now I have to be away to find myself. I need some time alone to know myself so that I won't be able to hurt anyone in the future. When I return, I will sign whatever legal papers you would want me to sign to nullify our marriage. Go on with your life. Don't worry about me anymore. Find a woman who truly deserves and makes you happy. I won't get mad. You're a good man and you deserve to be happy.

 

 

He knew she was crying while writing the letter. There were some obvious dried tears from the paper she used for the letter. 'Find a woman who truly deserves and makes you happy.' How can he do that if he couldn't find her? In this world, there is no one else who could make him happy except Jiyeon.

 

Yes, he got mad when he learned that she didn't trust him enough. He got mad when she accused him of something he never did. He got mad when she had a miscarriage but it only last for days, seeing her miserable state while crying that day in the hospital, his defenses slowly gone down.

 

How he wanted to comfort and hug then but instead he listened to his pride that's why he went out of the room. If he only knew that it would be the last time he'll see her he wouldn't have left her. If he didn't let his pride go first Jiyeon would still be with him till now.

 

Remembering how she looked like while crying and apologizing repeatedly to him made his heart clenched. She look so miserable and heartbroken.

 

'Go on with your life, Myungsoo.' she said at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter