Chapter 20

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After receiving a letter from Mason asking her to join them on their picnic on the garden of morning calm before they move to Seoul later that day, Jiyeon smiled at how thoughtful that kid is, he never failed to make her smile. She went inside the bathroom, took a quick shower and get ready for the picnic.

 

While walking on the path going to the pagoda valley, looking around to look for Mason and his brothers along with their Mom name Eunjung she passed by the pond garden and noticed that the gazebo was decorated with LED lights and flower petals scattered on the small bridge. She stopped on her tracks when she realize something, it looks as if someone is going to propose. 

 

Jiyeon then remembered Myungsoo's marriage proposal to her before--a proposal over breakfast in bed which she shoved into his face and his unsure marriage proposal when they learned about the baby. She remembered all the things he did for her just to show her how much he love her and all she ever did was to ignore his efforts.

 

She smiled sadly. There was no use dwelling in the past. She can never go back when everything is still fine with Myungsoo beside her. She had already lost his love. Taking a deep breath, she continued walking, looking back at the gazebo she saw a man was now standing at the foot of the bridge looking at her direction. Squinting her eyes while looking at the man trying to recognize his face until she froze and stopped walking after recognizing the man's face. It was no other than Myungsoo!

 

Why is he in there? Was he the one who's going to do a proposal? Who is the girl he will marry? She felt pain and extreme sadness in her heart. Feeling the tears pooling on the sides of her eyes, she looked down on her feet. And when she looked up, their eyes met.

 


 

Jiyeon held her breath as Myungsoo started to walk towards her. She wanted to run away from that place but she couldn't do so. His eyes held her gaze. He stopped his tracks when he was just one meter away from her. Now she could clearly see his face. From his eyes, she could see his love and longing for her.

 

"I miss you, Babe." he said.

 

The tears pooling from her eyes flowed down her cheeks like a waterfalls. He shouldn't love her. She was not worthy of his love.

 

He took the remaining steps and went near her before pulling her in his arms. She sobbed. "Hush now, babe. Everything's gonna be okay." he whispered in her ear.

 

"You shouldn't have come and find me. I'm not wothy, Myungsoo. I'm not." she said while still sobbing.

 

"No, babe. Please, don't say that. You are worthy of my love. I love you. Let's give our love a second chance. Let's just forget what happen and start over again."

 

"No, I hurt you. I'm scared that I might hurt you again. You shouldn't waste your time for me. You don't deserve someone like me." she said while struggling to free herself from his arms which are around her.

 

Myungsoo hugged her tighter. "Please, Ji, come home with me." he pleaded. "It's you whom I love. It's you whom I need."

 

The determination she had about pushing him away shattered into pieces, she hugged him back. "I love you. I never stopped loving you. Even at the times I thought I hated you I still love you." she confessed, still sobbing.

 

Myungsoo broke their hug and looked at her as if memorizing every inch of her face then he cupped her face. "I love you." he said before he bent down to capture her lips in a passionate kiss, ignoring the loud cheering of the people who were watching them.


 

 

 

Myungsoo still couldn't believe that he was holding Jiyeon in his arms while the both of them were lying on the bed. For the past three months he had been dreaming of that and now he finally had her. When he saw her again, he vowed that he would never let her go. He wanted to bring her home that instant but Jiyeon beg him to stay in Nami Island even just for one night saying she wanted to enjoy her last night in there and make it memorable.

 

He grinned naughtily. They really did enjoy their stay in there. He made love to her over and over again and every time was like coming home. He didn't stop until she begged him to. Well, he missed her so much. Hearing her declaration of love for him made him the happiest man on earth. Oh how he had been wishing to hear those words from her.

 

He thought he would never hear those words from her. He almost lost her. He wouldn't know what to do if ever he didn't find her or found out that she's already with someone else. Losing her would be more painful than death. It would be better to just die instead of living without her by his side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter