Chapter 12

Betting On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon was about to shut the front door of her house closed but Myungsoo stopped her from doing so. "What are you doing here?" she asked angrily.

 

"I'm here to say I'm sorry." he said apologizing. "Can I come in, please?"

 

"No. You just said what you came here for, so you may go now." she tried closing the door again but failed.

 

"Please? Let's talk." He pleaded. "Please? I promise I won't ever mention anything about marriage. Just please?"

 

Jiyeon sighed and opened the door widely, letting him in.

 

"Thank you." he said then smile, a sad smile.

 

She shut the door closed before facing him. "Now, what?" she looked at his face. He's still look handsome even with those dark circles around his eyes and the visible stubbles on his chin.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"That's it? I've already heard that. If you have nothing more to say then leave. I'm going out later."

 

"W-Where are you going?" he ask.

 

"What do you care? Were not in a relationship, Myungsoo. I'll go to wherever I want."

 

"Why are you doing this to me? Are you trying to get back at me for what I did to you in the past? I didn't mean to hurt you, Jiyeon-ah. If only you didn't leave that night, I would've told you the truth. I have loved back then and I still do, I still love you." his eyes and voice were full of sincerity but she can't let herself be fooled again. She had learn her lesson. Not everything she see is real. No man can play with her heart again.

 

"Oh, really? You loved the Plain Jane Jiyeon? Why am I having a hard time believing that? Isn't that camera of yours more precious than me? You should have me told if you needed another one back then, I could've bought a new one for you." He looked hurt. "Oh, right, you didn't know that I could afford to buy one. You didn't know because you had no plans of knowing me more! All you cared about was having fun and good time. I just happen to be at the wrong place and wrong time that's why I became your lastest play thing. I helped you put on a good show back then so just let me be now, Myungsoo." A teardrop fell on her cheek and she wiped it away instantly.

 

"I'm sorry." he said then knelt down. "I didn't mean to do all those things to you. We were young back then. I didn't know I hurt you this much but I really loved you, Jiyeon-ah. I've loved you, I know you felt that too. It's just that I didn't know what I was really feeling towards you that time, I realized it when you were gone." His voice broke. "You mean everything to me, Jiyeon-ah. I looked for you but I can't find you anywhere. After two years of searching and still no luck of finding you, I realized then that you don't want to be found. So I left Korea. You are the reason why I fled out of the country. I thought going s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter