Chapter 9

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been more than a week since Yuri went to Incheon Hospital, yet she still can't help thinking about Krystal. She wants to see her again. And if possible, she wants to ask Krystal to love her again. But she cannot do any means to reach out to her now that her adoptive father is back in the country. What's making it harder for Yuri to sneak out is that Mr. Kim barely leaves the mansion and is often seen watching his daughters from afar. This happened right after Kim Tae Hee begged him to uncover the truth about Jessica's identity. Despite what the librarian told him, he still can't make up his mind.

"Just write her a letter. With that, you can freely express how you feel," Yoona said when she heard Yuri wondering what to do in order to let her ex-girlfriend know how she feels. The tan girl thought she has locked the door of her room and that she was alone. Therefore she was startled when she heard Yoona speak. The latter bursted in gigglement because of Yuri's surprised look. But she soon composed herself and apologized for entering Yuri's room without her permission. "Me and your sisters are going out for a picnic this afternoon. I'm wondering if you'd like to go with us," she explained.

"Is it just the four of us?" Yuri asked.

"Not really. Sooyoung-ssi invited Suzy and her friends. They confirmed to join us...including Fei." Yoona was careful when she mentioned the name of the girl who recently broke up with Yuri. "So...are you going to join us? I'm sure your sisters will be happy if you'll jam with us."

"Sorry. I'd love to but I have other things to worry about right now."

"Are you declining because Fei will be there?"

"No. It's not something like that."

"Then...is it about Krystal?" Yoona took Yuri's silence as a yes. "Do you want her back?"

"I still love her, Yoona. I'd like her to at least know that I still care about her and that she still means so much to me. But Krystal doesn't want to see and talk to me again. She begged me to stay away and I do understand why. It's once again because of my dad. She's afraid of what he'll do if he finds out that we're still seeing each other."

"How about writing her a letter? One of the personnel in the store where we met her is her cousin, right? That's what Jessica told me that day. You can ask him to give the letter to Krystal once he goes back to visit his mother."

"It sure is a good idea. But I'm afraid I cannot do that too. Dad will be enraged if he finds out that I'm using Krystal's cousin to reach out to her. He has many connections, Yoona. Nothing is impossible with him."

"How about if I'll be the one who'll give the letter to Krystal's cousin? Uncle will probably not suspect anything if I'll go to the store to give him the letter."

Yuri stopped pacing and looked at Yoona inquisitively. "Are you sure you want to do it?"

"Yes, I am. I'd like to be of help, Yuri-ssi. You are my friend. You are as important as Jessica is to me. So please let me do it for you."

After much contemplation, the first heiress agreed to Yoona's suggestion. Hence, the doe-eyed girl prepared to go to the clothing store the following day. When Jessica asked her where she's going, she made up an excuse that she's just going to meet her cousin at the boutique owned by the latter's friend. Jessica bought that excuse because she trusts Yoona that much.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Jessica asked one more time while Yoona was waiting for a taxi. "I can give you a lift so that you won't need to take a cab. I don't mind waiting at the parking lot."

"I'll be fine," the doe-eyed girl assured. "Just look after your sister while I'm gone. Yuri is in a difficult situation right now and what she needs is someone to talk to. And the best person who can do that is you or Sooyoung-ssi. Don't worry too much about me okay? I'm old enough to travel by myself." Jessica smiled and stopped insisting. "I'll be back soon. I love you." She kissed her girlfriend goodbye before she left. When Yoona arrived at the mall, she was hoping that she'd be able to talk to Krystal's cousin and ask him to deliver Yuri's letter. But when she got there, she was saddened to know that the young man has resigned three days ago.

"Bo Gum decided to go back to Incheon to take care of his mother. She's currently in a hospital because of a cardiac problem," the saleslady explained to Yoona.

"Is that so? Um, do you know the hospital where his mother is confined?"

"I'm sorry but I don't know about the hospital's name, ma'am."

"It's okay. Thank you for your help anyways, Miss Seong. Have a good day."

Because she really want the letter to be delivered to Krystal, Yoona decided to go to Incheon and look for the Jung's aunt at every hospitals. She wanted to ask Yuri for the hospital's name. But she didn't do so to avoid making the tan girl worry about her.

"Krystal," Bo Gum called his cousin who's busy packing Mrs. Park's belongings. The latter is okay for discharge in the afternoon if her condition continues to remain stable.

"What is it, oppa?" Krystal asked.

"There's a visitor waiting outside. She didn't come here to see mom. It's you whom she wants to talk to."

Krystal asked her cousin for the visitor's name, thinking that it was Yuri. When Bo Gum said it's a doe-eyed girl named Yoona, Krystal decided to go out to see her. She examined the doe-eyed girl's face for a long time and tried to recall where she last saw her. When she realized that Yoona was the girl holding Jessica's hand at the store where her cousin used to work, she became consumed with nervousness, just like how she felt when she saw Jessica.

"I'm sorry for coming without prior notice," Yoona said politely. "I went to the clothing store to look for your cousin but his co-worker said that he resigned. That is why I decided to just come here and give you Yuri's letter."

Krystal just stared at the envelope and didn't lay a hand on it. She told Yoona to leave and never come back to see her. But the doe-eyed girl was determined to let Krystal have the letter.

"She still loves you," Yoona said to the retreating girl. Krystal halted her steps and turned around to face the doe-eyed girl. "I may not know what she wrote in this letter but I'm certain that it is what she wants you to know. Ever since that day we accidentally met you in Seoul, Yuri's behavior changed. She often locked herself in her room and was always thinking about you. She loves you so much, Krystal. Fei, who is now her ex-girlfriend, knows it as much as her sisters do. That is why even if it's hard for her, she decided to let go of Yuri. Yuri wants to come here to see you again. She wants to hear your voice. But she couldn't because you asked her to stay away...and because she's protecting you from her father. Just accept this letter please. You need not to write her back. She only wants you to have this."

Moved by Yoona's words, Kryst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter