Chapter 14

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a year and a half since Im Yoona left Hong Kong to finish her highschool in Seoul and to let the change in environment help her in forgetting her first love. Such period passed by swiftly for the doe-eyed girl, as swiftly as she forgot her heartbreak when she first encountered Jessica Kim - the granddaughter of her grandfather's good friend. Just one look at the reticent heiress' face was more than enough to make Yoona forget the man who left her for someone else.

After the many remarkable moments she had in the city, Yoona is now just a month away from graduating as one of the most brilliant students of Yonsei Academy. Just a little more time to go and she'll soon be stepping into a whole new level of her journey towards turning her dreams into reality. College will surely be a more challenging battleground for her, most specially because she will be attending one of the Ivy League schools together with the famous heiresses of the Lotus Group. In Yale University, Im Yoona will be competing with a greater number of brilliant students who travelled across lands and seas to earn a degree in one of the most respected universities. It sure is going to be a much tougher battle for her given that she'll be taking a course different from her lover and the Kim siblings. Yes, they will all be once again living under the same roof. But inside the university, Yoona will have to get used of not being in the same class as Jessica. Initially, this forthcoming situations used to bother the doe-eyed girl. She was afraid that she might not be able to do well in class if Jessica is not by her side. But now, she is already confident enough to deal with it because of the help of her one and only lover. Jessica is a very supportive girlfriend who always believe that Yoona can manage to win against her future competitors. Her faith alone is enough motivation for the doe-eyed girl.

The time Yoona spent in Yonsei Academy has been an amazing and unforgettable journey. In this prestigious school, she met a lot of awesome people who later became her trusted comrades. She also gained a fair share of fans from all year levels who scream her name and give her gifts whenever she arrives in the morning. Another unforgettable experience she had was dealing with the fluttering feelings brought by the school's most popular clique, whom she lived with since her first day in Seoul. And last (but the best part of it) was falling madly in love with the least talkative member of that clique and being loved by her in return. 

It's not jading to reminisce about these precious memories again and again. Hence from time to time, especially now that her graduation is fast approaching, Yoona visits the places in Yonsei where her girlfriend loves to spend her free time. And in these places, she envisages Jessica's habits which were part of the reasons why she fell in love with her....and still is in love with her.

"If you are looking for Jessi, she is not here Yoona. She went to the volleyball court with Yuri. She said they're going to watch Sooyoung train the next members of the varsity team." This is what Kim Tae Hee said when she saw the doe-eyed girl inside the library. The latter was there staring dreamily at the spot where Jessica loves to sit and read books.

As an act of courtesy to her girlfriend's mother, Yoona faced Tae Hee and bowed her head when she gave her greetings. "I didn't come here to look for her Miss Tae Hee. Actually, Sica did tell me where she's going after class," she informed before returning her gaze back on that special spot. 

Tae Hee looked at the student inquisitively. She wondered what Yoona was thinking of while staring on the floor. When she failed to figure out what it could be, she decided to just ask the doe-eyed girl about it. 

"I am just reminiscing about the old times Miss Tae Hee. The times when I often saw your daughter sitting here and devoting all of her attention to the book in her hands. She looks so cool when doing so. The more I looked at her getting engrossed with books, the more I fell in love with her. She looks gorgeous in everything that she does. In fact, I believe that Jessica is the most gorgeous bookworm I'd ever seen."

Tae Hee smiled because of what Yoona said about Jessica. She does not disagree with how the doe-eyed student described her daughter because it's the same with what she thought of Jaejoong when they were still in highschool. "Jessi inherited those interesting habits from her dad. The two of them are alike in so many ways. When I was still a student, I often see Jae sitting on the floor at a quiet corner of a library. And just like our daughter, most of the books he loves to read are works of world-renowned authors. That is why whenever I see Jessica, I always remember her father."

Now that the librarian mentioned Kim Jaejoong, Yoona thought how perfect it could have been if he's still alive. Surely, her girlfriend's happiness will be immeasurable if she still has her father by her side. But all things happen for a reason. With every pain comes a healing, and with every end comes a new beginning. If Kim Jaejoong was not diagnosed of leukemia at an early age, and if he didn't wish to experience being a father before he died, Yoona will most probably haven't met a wonderful person like Jessica at such an early age. And maybe, she believes, she wouldn't be as happy as she is now.

"Still picturing my beautiful daughter on your mind?" the librarian said to tease Yoona, who zoned out while thinking of the positive outcome of the depressing event in Tae Hee and Jaejoong's love story.

The doe-eyed girl looked at Tae Hee and flashed a meek smile. "Thank you so much Miss Tae Hee," she expressed sincerely.

Tae Hee gave Yoona a questioning glance and asked, "Thank you? For what?" The student has thanked her for numerous times. Hence, she wondered what she did recently that Yoona is thankful of.

"For granting your boyfriend's request before he died. For consenting to the artificial procedure  in order to bring Jessica into this world. Meeting your daughter is the best thing that ever happened in my life. If it wasn't for her, I'd still be dealing with the pain of being discarded like trash by the first person that I loved. You, Mr. Jae, Krystal's parents and CEO Shin are the reasons why a Jessica Kim is completing my life right now Miss Tae Hee. That is why I am grateful to all of them, most specially to you."

The librarian reached for Yoona's hands and gave it a gentle squeeze. Her touch alone conveyed how grateful she is too towards the doe-eyed girl. "Just like you, I already said thank you for numerous times. But allow me to say it again Yoona. Thank you so much for being a part of Jessica's life. You are the reason why I always see my daughter wearing a smile. And it was you who made her know and feel the happiness of being loved by someone who's not expecting anything in return. Your love for her is a blessing for me and the others who only wants what's best for her. So thank you very much for coming into her life."

Yoona was overwhelmed by the genuineness of Tae Hee's words so she gave her a thankful hug. She promised the librarian that she will continue showering Jessica with her unconditional love, and that she will never falter in bringing joy to her girlfriend's world. In return, Kim Tae Hee promised that she will always support her daughter's relationship with Yoona, and that she will always pray for their relationship to be forever blessed. The last promise implied that Tae Hee wants Yoona to be her daughter's other half, so the doe-eyed girl was internally screaming in joy.

After her conversation with Kim Tae Hee, Yoona left the library and went to the volleyball court. The practice was already over and most of the club's members have gone home. The SYJ remained together with Hwang Eunbi and Fei's clique. They were all seated at the bleachers and were waiting for Yoona to arrive.

"Thank goodness you're already here Yoongie!" Sooyoung said upon seeing the doe-eyed girl. "Hurry up and sit beside my niece. Seriously Yoona, where have you been? Why did it take you a long time before coming here?"

Yoona gave Sooyoung a confused look. She has no idea why the shikshin's complaining about her absence. She asked Jessica about it but the latter just gave her a me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter