Chapter 1

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Screams, love confessions, fan gifts, fangirls and fanboys - These have all become common in the daily lives of three highschool students of Yonsei Academy namely: Sooyoung, Yuri and Jessica. As a group, these three popular students are known as SYJ which simply stands for the initials of their given names. They're siblings. However, it isn't blood that relates all three of them but the thing called adoption paper. Yes, no one can contest this as false. They're all adopted by a wealthy businessman who owns a car manufacturing company. Mr. Kim is now a widower. His first-born son named Jaejoong died when he's eighteen because of leukemia. The second and remaining son died seven years later in an encounter with a rebel group in a war-striken country. What the wealthy man wanted was for Kim Taeyeon to follow his footsteps in the business industry since Jaejoong is already dead. But it wasn't what Taeyeon did because for him, his calling is to serve humanity. Therefore he volunteered as a peacekeeper and died as a hero.

Among the three siblings, the most popular one was Yuri. She's a female cassanova in case two words are needed to describe exactly what she is like. She hangs out with every girl she's interested with but never became serious with any of them. She does it for fun and the girls were fool enough to make themselves her victim.

The second in the popularity rank is Sooyoung. She's tall and charming just like Yuri but she isn't a player like her. She sticks to one girl and only breaks up with her when Mr. Kim tells her to or if there's a credible reason for her to do so. Just like in her recent relationship, the reason why Sooyoung broke up with the girl is because the latter cheated with a college guy.

And the last member of SYJ was the shortest when it comes to height - short if she is to be compared to her siblings. But beauty wise, Jessica is the most alluring type. She is also the least talkative among them. She doesn't show much interest to other people which explains why she became the least popular of the trio. However, Jessica still has a considerable number of fanboys and fangirls. It's a population that's enough to ruin someone's eardrums when they scream everytime they see her. It's her cold facade that charmed  these students. And to some, it was the genuine kindness the silent Jessica Kim has showed them.

"Good morning, Miss Tiffany," Yuri and Sooyoung greeted at the same time while Jessica just flashed her timid smile. If there's a second person they listen to most of the time, it is their brother Taeyeon's fiancée named Tiffany Hwang who is fifteen years older. Though her father owns the school, Tiffany didn't use this to be in a higher position. Instead, she underwent the thorough process that all applicants go through until she qualified as an English teacher.

"Good morning to you too," Tiffany greeted back, flashing her dazzling smile that captured the heart of one of the siblings. However, because of their and because she respects her dead brother, this person chose to keep her feelings for the teacher. "Uncle's birthday is this Saturday. Have you thought on what to give him as a present?"

"We've discussed about that while we were having breakfast since dad left early for Hong Kong. We'll look for gifts after class. How about you Miss Tiffany? Have you thought on what to give him? You're attending the party right?" Yuri knows the answer is yes since Tiffany never turned down the invitation of her almost father-in-law. But she still asked her just to make sure that they'll have someone to interact with in a party that will be swarmed with businessmen they barely know.

"Of course I will be there. Actually, I'm also planning to buy gift this afternoon."

"That's good to know. How about going to the mall together? And after that let's eat at your favorite restaurant," Sooyoung suggested excitedly. It's fun to go shopping with Tiffany. They haven't done this in a while which is why Sooyoung's excited for today.

"That's a great idea, Sooyoungie! Just meet me at the mall okay? I will arrive late since I have a tutorial class until seven." All three nodded. "I need to go. Classes will start soon. You should go to your room as well. Participate in the class discussions okay?" The siblings simultaneously replied with a yes.

They waved their hands at the retreating teacher and when she's out of sight, they headed to their classroom. When Yuri has settled on her seat, the most confident member of the class went to her for a talk. Her name is Fei and she has cried many times because of the one others described as the black pearl. But Fei is head over heels for Yuri so she still continued to hang out with her. "Hi, Yuri! Wanna go shopping with me and my friends this afternoon? We can party at my house afterwards. My parents are on a vacation abroad so we're free to stay up until morning."

"Sorry babe. I have other plans this afternoon. And sadly you are not part of my to-do list for today. Maybe next time?"

It's another reason for Fei to stop hoping that Yuri will value her the way she does. But she can't stop being a fool for the playgirl. "Okay. Next time then," she said before leaning down to peck on Yuri's cheek. Fei's smiling when she returned to her seat. But deep inside, she's hurting because of Yuri's on and off interest towards her.

"You should really stop doing that Yuri," Jessica said to her sister who's sitting on her left. Sooyoung's seated on the other side of Yuri, making the black pearl squeezed between her siblings who often reprimand her when she's playing with a girl's heart.

"Stop doing what?" Yuri asked, acting ignorant of the matter she already knows Jessica was referring to. The latter just shook her head in disappointment. She returned her focus on the novel she's reading and never talked to Yuri again until their first subject teacher came.

During a vacant time, it is the habit of Jessica to visit the library. And instead of sitting in one of the hundred comfortable chairs the facility is equipped with, she chooses to sit on the floor at the farthest corner in the bookshelves area. And here she silently reads whichever earned her interest. But most of the time, it's the historic events and classic love stories that she prefers to read.

"You often does that," a beautiful library staff named Kim Tae Hee said that interrupted Jessica's focus. She lifted her face to look at the librarian. The beautiful woman smiled warmly before sitting beside Jessica. The two have become close to each other as time went by. They're close enough that they can call their relationship as friends though they're seventeen years apart. "Jaejoong used to do this too. He loves sitting on the floor when he's in the mood to read."

"You often compare me to him," Jessica said with a warm smile only a few were able to see her wearing. She's open to Tae Hee, not only because they're like friends, but also because the librarian used to be Kim Jaejoong's girlfriend.

"I can't help it. You have so many similarities with him. If he's still alive, I think he'll say the same about you. In all honesty, I feel like he's still with me everytime I'm around you."

"You're not falling for me, are you?" Jessica's just teasing her and Tae Hee knows that. "Oppa's ghost is going to visit me all the time if you'll fall in love with me, unnie."

Tae Hee playfully slapped Jessica's arm and smiled at her. "Idiot. Of course that won't happen. I love him so much that I never dated anyone after he died." Tae Hee smiled again. But this time, the sadness caused by her lover's early death was reflected in her eyes. "I'll go back to work. Don't fall asleep in here okay? The floor is cold. You might get sick."

Jessica nodded and smiled. When she's done reading three chapters, she returned the book on it's shelf and went back to her classroom.

After class, the three went shopping with Tiffany which was fun as expected. The siblings found it hard to decide on the gifts they'll buy for their father. But because of Tiffany's presence, they never felt tired of transferring from one store to another until they finally found a suitable present for the old man. After that, they went to the restaurant where the teacher often had her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter