Chapter 6

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why. Most of the questions Yoona has in mind start with that one word which strongly demands for an explanation. A night has passed since that time she talked to the librarian. It's supposed to be none of her business to be thinking about the last part of their conversation. Yet the doe-eyed student remained cramming her mind with probable reasons why a beautiful Kim Tae Hee can't fall in love with her dead boyfriend's adopted sister. Even if she has told herself many times to stop minding about it, Yoona can't help but to think of the same matter again and again. Hence, she was not able to focus during class discussions.

Because all of the teachers were called in for an emergency meeting, one of the ladies Yoona has been thinking of spent her time again at the school's library. Even if Kim Tae Hee has been ignoring her lately, Jessica didn't stop visiting the facility during her vacant period. But unlike the usual, the third heiress can now be found sitting on a chair and has several books piled up on her table. She isn't just reading some random books but is also jotting down information she considered will be useful for her research.

There were some students who wants to sit with Jessica. But they were all too shy to make a move especially when they saw the lovely librarian approaching the SYJ member. "The bell has rang ten minutes ago. You're supposed to be at the cafeteria by now. I'm sure your sisters are waiting," Tae Hee said to the girl who doesn't seem to care whether it's already lunchtime or not. Jessica looked around her to see if someone is sitting or standing next to her. But there was none which means that the woman who suddenly ignored her really is talking to her at the moment. Tae Hee smiled when she saw the slight surprise in Jessica's face. She then sat on the adjacent chair and scanned one of the books the student has read earlier. "You're really a hardworking student Jessica. You're always doing things that will make a lot of people proud of you," she noted.

Jessica remained silent on her seat. She contemplated whether she should ask Tae Hee the reason why she gave her a cold shoulder and why she's talking to her again. She cannot remember doing anything that forced her 'big sister' to do both. The librarian read these thoughts plaguing Jessica's mind and so she proceeded with explaining the changes in her actions.

"I'm sorry for the past days that I treated you like a stranger Jessica. I didn't want to do it but I have to for Yoona's sake."

Jessica looked at Tae Hee with eyes wondering what the latter meant. "For Yoona?" she asked because she couldn't understand why the doe-eyed girl got involved with their current situation.

Tae Hee nodded and continued with her explanations. "You know that she likes you right?" she asked which earned no response from Jessica. "Even if you've never liked someone, I know that you're not that dense to realize what she feels about you."

"What does it have to do with you suddenly ignoring me? I don't understand, unnie. What did Yoona do that forced you to stop talking to me?"

"Yoona didn't tell me to do it. It was entirely my decision to do so. In case you haven't noticed, she always get jealous whenever we're together. I already told her not to feel that way because there's nothing special going on between us. We're just friends with a strong sisterly bond. But Yoona can't stop being jealous. Therefore I decided to keep my distance to avoid hurting her. I'm sorry if such decision hurt you, Jessica. It wasn't my intention. Never."

"Then...why are you talking to me again?"

"Why?" Tae Hee's eyes gleamed with joy when she recalled that afternoon the doe-eyed girl went to her house to discuss her concern. "It's also because of her. Because I went home early yesterday, Yoona came to see me and tell me how affected you are with my sudden change of attitude towards you. Compared to the others, she's your admirer in a different level. She's strongly concerned about you to the extent that she didn't hesitate to talk to me - me who is someone she thought is her rival for your affection. Yoona begged me to stop ignoring you. As an exchange, she promised that she'll stop misunderstanding our closeness. She's really nice for doing all those things for your sake. I must say that I like her for you."

The student didn't comment on the matter and just smiled. Later that day, Jessica went to Yoona's room. She brought with her two glasses of her favorite sundae. She gave the first one to the doe-eyed girl who can't believe that the person she admires visited her room.

"Thank you," Jessica uttered to break the deafening silence that filled the room. Yoona slightly curled her brows because she's confused as to what the third heiress is thankful of. "Tae Hee unnie is talking to me again. It's because of you that is why I am thanking you. Thank you for talking to her in behalf of me."

"Oh...I-Is that so? Y-You're welcome Jessica-ssi. Actually, you don't have to thank me for it. I just did what I need to do. You were often spacing out because of her. It got me worried so I decided to ask Miss Tae Hee why she suddenly stopped talking to you. I'm the reason why she did it so I sincerely apologize for what I've caused. She avoided you because of my insecurity."

A pregnant silence befell upon them until Jessica decided to speak again. "I like Tae Hee unnie," she said which made Yoona feel like she's carrying the weight of the world on her shoulder. However, the discomfort she felt because of that confession was instantly replaced with mirth when Jessica continued what she really wanted to say. "I value Tae Hee unnie as a great friend. I like her as a sister. But romantically? I don't. I never liked someone before. And I'm still in the process of finding out what it's like to admire someone."

Yoona's heart jumped with joy after hearing Jessica's confession. She doesn't like Kim Tae Hee in a romantic way. That means that Yoona still has a chance to win the reserved heiress' heart. Because of that conversation, the doe-eyed girl returned to her cheerful self.

"It's a relief to see you smiling again. You got me worried when I saw you zoning out since yesterday," Yuri said because she's pleased to see Yoona wearing a smile while she's working on something at the kitchen. "That looks perfectly done, maiden. What do you call it?" she asked while pointing at the colorful dessert arranged at the metal tray.

"It's blueberry and strawberry tart. I'm going to bring some in school tomorrow for our dessert. Would you like to have some, Yuri-ssi?"

"Sure. It's always a pleasure to bless my tastebuds with the foods you prepared." Yuri was supposed to get one of the blueberry tarts but Yoona got it first and fed her. Her heart pounded because of that sweet gesture. Meanwhile, the doe-eyed girl wondered why she did it. She doesn't want to make Yuri misunderstand her actions but her limb unexpectedly moved on it's own. "I...uh...I'll go ahead. Don't stay up late, maiden. We still have classes tomorrow. G-Goodnight."

The awkward heiress scurried to her room, leaving the doe-eyed girl still muddled with what just happened. "It's Jessica-ssi that you like Yoona," she scolded herself. "Don't do something that will keep Yuri's hope up okay? You don't want to hurt her nor Sooyoung-ssi. Always keep that in mind."

Because she's troubled with her situation with the Kim siblings, Yoona decided to talk to her new friend named Hwang Eunbi. Eunbi belongs to Second Year Class B but she's Yoona's classmate in Foreign Language. Her father is the cousin of Tiffany's dad. He was once a singer and is now the president of a talent agency.

"If you don't wanna hurt Yuri-ssi and Sooyoung-ssi, you can just simply dump them. Tell them to stop courting you because it's their sister that you love. It's a cruel move but it's better than to keep them hoping that one day you'll like them the way you like Jessica-ssi," Eunbi advised her troubled friend.

"I already did that a couple of times Eunbi. But they both said that it's okay if it's their sister that I like. None of them plans to give up while I'm still single. It's too complicated. I don't know what to do with it anymore."

Eunbi propped her chin and heaved out a long sigh. "It really is complicated. You have two gorgeous girls liking you but it's their sister that you admire. But don't be surprised with it anymore, Yoongie. Sooyoung-ssi and Yuri-ssi are really not the type of girls who easily gives up when they've set their eyes on someone. I remember the last time they liked the same girl. They didn't stop courting her for a month until the girl chose Yuri-ssi. She's really beautiful. The two of them look good together. But sadly, they ended their relationship after five months. It's not clear why they broke up. Even my cousin is not aware of the reason behind it. I bet the only people who knows why Yuri's first serious relationship ended are her sisters."

Yoona was supposed to ask Eunbi for the name of Yuri's ex-girlfriend but she was interrupted by the arrival of the Kim siblings who came looking for her.

"You're Miss Tiffany's cousin, right?" Sooyoung asked and Eunbi nodded. "Wow. You have gotten more beautiful, Eunbi-ssi. The Hwangs really have great genes. Yoona-ssi, did you invite Miss Eunbi to our vacation in Jeju?"

The doe-eyed girl bit her bottom lip. She's guilty of forgetting to invite her new friend for their trip to Jeju. "Not yet. I forgo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter