Chapter 13

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days after it's classes started, Yonsei Academy was shook with the announcement made by the wealthy Kim Jong Shin during the groundbreaking ceremony for the new store of Lotus cars. The faculty members and the students who were not aware of Jessica's family background, were all flabbergasted by the CEO's revelation. And because of that same reason, the youngest generation of the Kims became the talk of town. Wherever she goes, Jessica attracted the attention of many. It was twice more than what she and the rest of SYJ earned in the last couple of years. There are some people who sympathized her for having a young dad who died a year after she was born and also, for growing up believing that she's adopted. Some of them, especially the media, asked why she forgave Mr. Kim and her mother easily. They judged their decision of lying to her, but the heiress defended her family by saying: "The graveness of sin isn't my basis for forgiveness. Instead, it is the sincerity of the person who committed a mistake." Because of this, many were added to the list of people who admire Jessica for her attributes.

"Your daughter is now a local celebrity, Tae Hee unnie," Tiffany said to her friend when she visited the library during breaktime. "Wherever I go, I always see a group of people talking about her. The school's become more famous too because of yours and her history. I'm just wondering. Are you okay with the kind of attention you're gaining now? Is it not challenging for you to deal with people asking you the same matter again and again?"

Tae Hee heaved out a sigh and pressed her back at the backrest. She's exhausted from juggling her time as a librarian, a businesswoman, and a mother. But she doesn't regret doing any of it. It's where she finds joy, most specially at her last role. "There's nothing I can do but to wait for everyone to get used to the fact that I am Jessica's mother. It's normal for people like them to be intrigued with the announcement Uncle Shin made, most specially because the way Jessi was conceived is through an artificial way. If there is something I'm concerned of regarding this current situation, it is nothing but my daughter's safety. Danger will always be tailing behind her now that everyone's aware that, in her veins, flows the blood of the industrialist Kim Jong Shin. Uncle's more than aware of that consequence. So before unfolding the secret about my daughter, he had already devised measures to keep her safe."

Tiffany nodded to herself. She's contented with Tae Hee's response and she also doesn't question Mr. Kim's big reveal. She knows what the intention of the old man is for doing the public announcement. It is to free them from the burden of keeping Jessica's family background a secret to the unaware.

While silence reigned between them, the memories of the past played on the teacher's mind, rekindling her longing for Kim Taeyeon. "I am jealous of you, unnie," she admitted with a voice tainted with sadness. "Even though Jaejoong oppa is already dead, you can still appreciate his presence through your daughter. He left you a piece of himself, while I have nothing but the memories of Taeyeon which will be forever engraved in my heart." Tiffany paused to swallow the lump on and to fight the urge of her tears to fall. She doesn't want to cry again because of the same reason, which is missing her lover who will never be able to hug her again. "I begged him not to do it. I told him he's too young to be working as a peacekeeper. But Taeyeon insisted that it's his calling to serve humanity through that way. He wants to help them at a young age. And so I let him. I let him do it because it's what he wants...and because I love him so much."

Tae Hee rounded her desk and enveloped Tiffany in a comforting hug. She told her friend that it's okay to let her tears fall, that it's not a weakness to cry over the same struggle from time to time. She also didn't forget to encourage the teacher to move on from her first love. "I've already found a new love and that is by being a mother to my child. Now is your turn to find yours, Tiff. I'm sure that Taeyeon won't mind seeing you happy in another person's arms. It's probably what he's been wanting you to do in the seven years that passed."

"How about Jessi? Can I hit on her? She resembles her uncle at some angles, so she will be a perfect candidate for my new love." Tiffany said it in a serious manner, but with the intention of kidding the librarian. Because of her joke, the teacher earned a smack on her left arm.

"Don't say that again. She already has Yoona. Besides, you're too old for my daughter. And I will never let her get tangled into a romantic relationship with a teacher."

Tiffany bursted into gigglement because of Tae Hee's reaction to her joke. She's feeling better and it's all thanks to her senior. "I was just kidding, unnie. You don't have to take it seriously. Anyways, now that we're talking about your daughter's love life, how is she and Yoona? I heard from Yuri that the doe-eyed girl brought Jessi to Hong Kong and introduced her to her family. It's so noble of her to do it."

"I agree. What she did is something I found amusing. I really appreciate the qualities Yoona has, and I'm glad that it was her who taught my daughter to fall in love. I want the two of them to last forever. There's no one else I'd like Jessica to be with other than that one of a kind doe-eyed girl."

"If Yoona can hear you right now, I bet the doe-eyed girl will be speechless and blushing because of your compliments. It's always great whenever the parents agree to their children's relationship. It tends to last for a long period of time."

"They both love each other so much. Hence, there is no reason for me to be against it. By the way, Yoona's family will arrive this Saturday to have dinner with all the members of Jessica's clan. It will be held in Uncle Shin's house for privacy purposes. You must join us, Tiff. Your parents and the kids' friends were also invited by Uncle."

"That is quite a big gathering for an arrival of one family. Why is it that my presence is necessary? Will we be discussing about Yoona and Jessi's wedding?"

Again, Tiffany's arm received another smack because of her remark. "Silly. It's too early for my daughter to get married. Yoona's family just want to spend time with Jessica and everyone related to her. The Kim princesses consider you as their big sister, so it's important for you to be at uncle's house this Saturday at five."

"Okay. I'll pledge my attendance to that important day. I can't wait to see Yoona's family face to face."

"Me too. They love keeping a low profile so I know very little about them."

---

Among the members of Mr. Kim's household, it was only Jessica who isn't aware of the arrival of Yoona's family from Hong Kong. So after waking up late on Saturday morning, she didn't bother to change her pajamas after washing her face and combing her hair. She headed downstairs to fetch herself a glass of warm milk. When she noticed the four new pairs of eyes looking at her from the living area, Jessica's eyes grew wide in shock.

"G-Grandfather Im? U-Uncle? W-W-What is everyone doing here?" the astounded girl asked. She felt so embarrassed for not wearing anything more proper than a pajama.

CEO Kim tried hard to stifle his laugh when he approached Jessica. It's been a long time since he last saw his granddaughter being utterly surprised with something. She became reserved when she turned nine. "They're here to spend time with us before going back to their workplaces tomorrow," he informed her. "This afternoon, Tae Hee and her parents will be here and also your friends in school. Your future in-laws want to meet them and thank them for taking good care of Yoona."

"Why didn't you tell me that they're coming, grandpa?" Jessica asked in an angry whisper. "If I knew that they'll be here, I could have woke up earlier to welcome them. This is too embarrassing!"

"Blame your girlfriend for telling us not tell you about this."

"Us? You mean my baby ahjummas also know about this?"

Mr. Kim's shoulders quivered when he answered Jessica with a nod. The way she addresses Yuri and Sooyoung at some times is really funny for the old man.

"Where are those trio?" Jessica asked with a threatening aura emanating from her. "This is probably a prank. I need to teach those girls a lesson," she added before exiting the living room to search for her girlfriend and her eighteen-year old aunts. They were not in their bedrooms, not even in their frequent hang out spots within the Kim's residence. According to the servants, the three left thirty minutes ago to fetch Yoona's uncle and his wife at the airport.

 

"Are you planning to kill me with that glare?" Yoona playfully asked her lover who's looking at her like a tigress in a beast mode. It's been six hours, but Jessica's still in the snit because of the small incident she considered as her embarrassing moment.

"You should have told me that your family's coming," the sulking feline replied. "It was too embarrassing to greet them wearing nothing but the baggy Looney Tunes pajamas you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter