Chapter 4

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because they are the popular trio in Yonsei Academy, the Kim siblings are often the trending topic of the students in their online forum. Oftentimes, it is either Yuri or Sooyoung whom they talk about. Their lifestyle, the new person they're dating and even the unnecessary details about the sisters are some of the things they post in the forum. But now, seven days prior to Valentine's day, Jessica became the most talked about member of SYJ. This started when several students posted their snap shots of Jessica giving the doe-eyed girl a ride in her luxurious car. In just a span of five minutes since the photos were posted, the comments already reached a staggering number. Many were stating jealousy towards the lucky doe-eyed girl. And there were also some who mentioned about the effect of this to their favorite OTP in Yonsei - the Jessica and Tae Hee pairing.

"What are you smiling at Tiffany?" Tae Hee asked the teacher who came to the library to invite her for a drinking spree. "I don't remember saying anything funny in the last ten minutes. You kept smiling for that long. If others will see you, they are going to think that you've gone mad."

Tiffany beamed wider and sat beside Tae Hee to show her the trending topic at the forum. "Our students are so funny. The TaeJess shippers are mourning because of this surprising moment between Jessica and Yoona. It looks like your bae has found a replacement for you."

Tae Hee smacked Tiffany's arm when the teacher continued teasing her about the possibility of sinking TaeJess ship. "I didn't expect that you'd be like those students who are shipping me with Jessica. Just because we're undoubtedly close doesn't mean we are a couple. We're nowhere near dating okay? I'm just a big sister to her."

"I'm just kidding, unnie. You don't have to take it seriously and explain yourself. You weren't smiling when I got here so I thought of a way to cheer you up. Anyways, what I'm smiling about isn't primarily the reactions of Jessica's admirers. It's what these photos entail."

"I don't think I can understand what you're trying to say Miss Tiffany Hwang. Care to elaborate?"

The English teacher zoomed one of the photos before showing it to again to Tae Hee. "This is the first time I saw Jessica giving a ride to someone else other than us and her sisters. Look at it closely  unnie. She even held Yoona's hand and was the one who opened the door for her. It's a substantial evidence that the introvert daughter of Uncle Shin is warming up to more and more people. The transfer student is an addition to that list."

Tae Hee looked at the picture again and smiled to herself while looking at Yoona's face. "Maybe she's happy now because she earned Jessica's attention. Confronting me with what she saw in my house only means that she has a strong affection for Jess. I wonder if Jessica will like her too," she wondered at the back of her mind.

Meanwhile, Yuri and Sooyoung have arrived at their father's car racing stadium. They were expecting that Jessica is already waiting for them at the racetrack. But when they got there, they found no one else other than the staff preparing the cars they'll use for the race.

"Sooyoung, are you sure that Jessica was inviting us for a race?" Yuri asked her sister. Jessica's absence made her doubt Sooyoung's assumption.

"I'm hundred percent sure of that. Look at them. They are now preparing our cars. Only the three of us are authorized to use those cars, Yuri. Who else would have told them to bring it out if it isn't Jessica?"

"Then how come she's not here yet? Where is she? And where's Yoona?" Yuri's becoming more impatient as seconds pass by that her sister and Yoona are not showing up. Sooyoung also wondered where they could be and if she miscalculated her sister's cues. Therefore she decided to give Jessica a call to find out where she is.

"Yah. Where are you? Where did you take our beautiful maiden? Yuri's imagination is starting to get wild. She's assuming that maybe you two run away or have checked in to a motel and are now about to get into s -" Sooyoung was cut off when Yuri punched her as a punishment for exaggerating.

"I'm at the convenience store," Jessica informed nonchalantly.

"You're what? You dropped by a convenience store to buy some foods? Yah, Jessica Kim! Are you the only hungry soul in the continent? My stomach is also calling for food. So hurry up and buy something for me too. I want a - " Yet again, Sooyoung was cut off. But this time, it was because of Jessica who ended the call. "Geez! This shortie has no mercy."

"So what did she say? Are they on their way here?" Yuri asked after Sooyoung kept her phone and flopped down beside her sister.

"She said that we can warm up first while waiting for them. Then after that she cut the call. Now that we have some time to kill before the race, how about we discuss about the prize for the winner? Competing will be more fun if there's a prize at stake. What do you think?"

"It's fine with me. What do you think will be awesome as a prize? I'm too lazy to decide on it."

"Hmm...Since it's Valentine's day next week, how about an exclusive dinner with Yoona? The expenses will be taken care of by the losers of course."

"A date with the maiden?" Yuri's expression strongly suggested that she is against Sooyoung's idea. "Sooyoung, I know that I'm the best racer among us. But I can't let her be the prize okay? Think of something else. A gadget or a vacation maybe."

"Why are you against it? It's your chance to be in a date with the maiden. She won't have a choice but to agree with it because it's a decision that we arrived at. Don't tell me that you fear on losing this match. What happened to your confidence of winning every race? This is unlike you, Black Pearl."

"I'm confident that I'll win okay? But why should it be a date with Yoona when I am the only one among us who is interested with her?" Yuri's face became serious when she looked at Sooyoung's eyes. "Unless you like her too and you're actually using this as an opportunity to have a date with her. Are you?"

Sooyoung's expression was unreadable until a smile became visible on her face. "Yoona is quite an interesting person. Wanting to have an intimate conversation with her in a romantic setting isn't bad right? And so what if later on I'll end up liking her too just like the way you like her? We've got into that kind of situation before and it didn't affect our relationship as sisters. It was actually fun making someone choose between us, wasn't it? It's more entertaining than any game we ever played. Why, Yuri? Are you afraid that Yoona will prefer to be with me in case Jessica continues on not being interested with her?"

Yuri's eyes mirrored determination and sobriety when she answered Sooyoung's question. "No. I'm prepared to compete with any of my sisters. I won't put my guard down just because we are a family."

Sooyoung nodded and smiled. She's pleased with her sister's positive response. "Good. Then it's settled. The prize for today's contest will be what I suggested. Yoona will go on a date with whoever wins the race."

While Yuri and Sooyoung were preparing for the competition, the oblivious prize at stake kept smiling to herself after stealing glances at her gorgeous driver. Yoona didn't expect that a day like this would come. Simply riding in Jessica's car made her feel like she's the luckiest lottery winner on earth.

"Jessica's car is so neat. You can't see a speck anywhere," Yoona said to herself while touring her eyes around. "There is no air freshener but the smell is so nice just like her." She giggled at the comparison she made. The sound of her giggle made Jessica look at her so she quickly averted her gaze on the road.

"We're not going to the bowling center today," Jessica informed. Yoona just looked at her with wondering eyes because she's too shy to utter a word. "We're going to the racing center owned by my father. I'll be on a leisure race with my sisters. It's one of our favorite pastime activities. We often does that every month."

"Um...Do they know that it's where we're going?"

"Sooyoung called earlier. They're already waiting for us. My sisters are smart enough in understanding my cues."

Yoona nodded briefly. She's quite amused that the sisters who are not related by blood have a strong understanding of each other. "Um...Jessica-ssi, who is the fastest driver among you?" she inquired when they arrived at the privately owned racing stadium.

Jessica parked the car first before answering Yoona's query. "It's Yuri. She has a great potential when it comes to the world of racing."

"Does that mean that she'll probably win today?"

"We haven't beaten her since we started making car racing as our hobby. Therefore, I think she'll win again today. Let's go. Sooyoung told me that she's hungry. She need to eat these wafer sticks soon or else she'll turn into a monster."

Jessica smiled and get off the car first to open the door for Yoona. Both of them were warmly welcomed by two male st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter