Chapter 2

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the time the sun has set, the venue for President Kim Jong Shin's sixtieth birthday is already filled with his guests. There are notable businessmen from around the globe, the city mayor and his colleagues, and some famous celebrities who are endorsing the Lotus Group's luxury cars. There are also several reporters who came to interview about some of the businessmen's future plans, partnerships that are going to evolve, and also to ask about matters regarding an attendee's personal life. The latter is mostly directed towards the celebrities personally invited by the celebrant as part of his strategic plan to promote his company. However, the real celebrities in the event isn't just the celebrant himself but also his three lovely daughters whom everybody knows were adopted. Two of them - Yuri and Sooyoung - have appeared on the news several times. This is because of their involvement in a same gender relationship and also because of Sooyoung's notable performance in the inter-high volleyball games.

"I wonder what kind of story they're going to fabricate after this night," says Yuri who is now feeling bored on her seat. There are some young women who came to the party to accompany their parents but none of them won Yuri's interest. "Where is our guest by the way? Is she not coming to celebrate dad's birthday?"

"She's not in her room when we left. Butler Song said that she left the house before lunchtime. I have no idea where she went." Sooyoung continued scrolling down her phone while entertaining Yuri's questions. She's making herself busy by searching an information about Yoona's family background. "Why can't I find anything? Are they living a discreet life? If dad is friends with them, then there should be something said about them in the internet."

"What are you talking about? And WHO are you talking about, Sooyoung?" Yuri's face is contorted with confusion because she doesn't know what her sister is blabbering about while eagerly searching the net. She shot a glance at Jessica but she too looked unacquainted with the matter their sister is concerned with. "You've been surfing the net after we finished giving our birthday greetings. Mind telling us what it is that you've been looking for diligently? Because I certainly don't have a freaking idea of what you're up to, giraffe." When Sooyoung ignored her, Yuri snatched the phone from her sister. "Why are you searching about Yoona? Are you also interested with her?" she asked after giving the phone back to Sooyoung.

"I am. But it's not the kind of interest you have for her. I'm only interested to know her family background, Yuri. Though she seems nice and innocent, it will be dangerous for us to trust her too soon."

"She'll be bummed out if she'll learn about this. She's an innocent beautiful maiden. I don't think she'll fall to the category you're trying to put her into."

"Say that to her so that she can get impressed by you. Because as far as I remember, she never looked at you the way she did with Jess. For the first time in history, you didn't look too special in someone's eyes."

Sooyoung's just trying to annoy her sister but Yuri took it seriously. She stopped talking to her and only focused her attention to Tiffany, who was at last able to join them after entertaining the guests she's familiar with.

"Childish," Jessica muttered. She's referring to Yuri who got offended with Sooyoung's joke. She excused herself from the group and went for a walk outside the clubhouse. There is no one there except for the security staff and a few kitchen personnel passing by. "What a perfect scene," she said while staring at the fountain show no one is paying attention to but her. The sprouting water looked like a rainbow wall which gave Jessica a relaxing feeling. When the water has stopped sprouting, Jessica's eyes became fixed to the person standing on the other side of the fountain. Her face showed no emotion at all. But deep inside, Jessica was awestruck with the view before her. This young woman who made her eyes focus into just one person was none other than Im Yoona. She looks absolutely stunning in her red dress that bared her y shoulder.

Because Jessica has been staring at her for so long, Yoona lowered her head to hide the smile forming in her lips and the blushing of her cheeks. She became afluttered when she noticed that Mr. Kim's daughter was walking towards her.

Though she didn't say a single word and just continued gazing at the doe-eyed girl, Jessica's strong presence drew Yoona to look and speak to her. "G-Good evening Jessica-ssi. W-What are you doing here? A-Are you waiting for someone?" she asked in a stuttering voice that's not only because of Jessica's magnetic stare, but also because of how gorgeous she looks in her black halter dress.

"I am not enjoying the party so I came here to have some fresh air. What about you? How long have you been here?"

"I...I just got here. I went to the boutique of my cousin's friend to find a dress for this occasion. I also looked for a present for your father. I hope I'm not that late for the party."

"Dad's party often last for four hours. You're only forty five minutes late." Jessica was just kidding though what she said was true. She even smiled at Yoona to make her feel at ease despite being late. However, such smile replaced Yoona's nervousness with fluttering feelings. "Are you just going to stand there and extend your tardiness to one hour? I'm sure that my father is waiting for you, Yoona."

Yoona felt embarrassed for being appalled with Jessica's smile. She excused herself to go to the banquet hall but she stopped midway because she's afraid of gaining too much attention from the attendees. Jessica sensed this discomfort so she offered to accompany the doe-eyed girl.

Just as she expected, most of the attendees looked at the pair when they arrived at the banquet hall. This include Sooyoung who smirked at Yuri's annoyed reaction for seeing her sister beside Yoona.

"Is she the transfer student Uncle talked about?" Tiffany asked after sparing a glance at Yoona who is now talking to Mr. Kim while Jessica remained by her side. "I remembered him saying that his friend's granddaughter will transfer to Yonsei. Is it her?"

The questions were directed to Yuri. But because the black pearl is busy glaring at their sister for always winning Yoona's attention, Sooyoung took the initiative to answer Tiffany's queries. "Yes, that's her. Her name is Im Yoona. She's living with us until she finish highschool."

"She's beautiful. She has this type of beauty that can take your breath away when you look at her for the first time. Is she close with Jessie? Did she leave earlier to fetch her?"

"Close? With Jess? Nah. There's no such case with my sister, Miss Tiffany. She's only close to the three of us and to Jaejoong's oppa's girlfriend. Actually, I think it's more proper to say that Yoona is trying to be close to her. There's something special in the way she's looking at my sister. It's too special to the extent that it annoys this female cassanova beside me." Sooyoung grinned at Yuri who kicked her foot under the table. A few minutes later, the pair they were talking about joined them. "At last you're finally here. I was afraid that you're not coming to join us for this special occasion. Would you mind telling us why it took you so long to get here, Yoona-ssi?"

"My apologies to keep you waiting. It took me a while to decide on what to give Mr. Kim and what to wear for this occasion. This is such a grand event so I needed to look my best."

"You're already pretty, Yoona. There is no need for you to extend an effort to look your best." Yoona smiled timidly at this compliment given by Yuri. "By the way, allow me to introduce to you one of the teachers in Yonsei. This is Miss Tiffany Hwang, she's our brother Taeyeon's girlfriend. Her father owns the academy. Miss Tiffany, the beautiful maiden beside you is Im Yoona. Father said that she lives in Hong Kong with her parents and grandfather."

It was Tiffany who took the initiative to offer a handshake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yoona. You look gorgeous in your dress. I must say that you have a great fashion sense."

"Thank you Miss Tiffany. It's a pleasure to meet you too."

Yuri, Sooyoung and Tiffany continued talking to Yoona while they were enjoying their foods together with a glass of wine. On the other hand, the beauty on the right side of the doe-eyed girl just remained silent. Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter