Chapter 5

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their afternoon classes, the Kim siblings original plan was to go directly to the airport where they will wait for Tiffany and Tae Hee. But because of the bunch of gifts they received from their schoolmates, the sisters decided to drop by their home first to keep the presents in their individual storage room while the chocolates and other edible gifts were stored at the fridge.

"Why are you still bringing with you those Valentine gifts? Didn't we drop by our house to leave all of it? Did you change your mind and decided to bring it to Daegu?" Yuri asked Jessica with various questions when she saw her putting a huge bag at her car's passenger seat. It's contents are mostly chocolates, baked cookies, and all of the stuffed toys she received. Even if they'll travel to Daegu by air, the sisters are still bringing their cars with them because Mr. Kim allowed them to use the Lotus Group's smallest cargo plane. It's big enough to carry up to ten cars.

"Yes, I am bringing it to Daegu. I will leave it to the Sisters at the convent so that they can give it to the orphans they're taking care of. I already took a picture of each gifts and kept the tags. Through it, I'll know whom to thank and whom to inform with what I did with their presents," Jessica explained. Yuri and Sooyoung looked at each other and shrugged. They are not that surprised anymore of their sister's thoughtfulness because they've witnessed her doing the same thing again and again. But Im Yoona's reaction was opposite with the sisters because she never heard about this admirable side of the person she likes.

Because Yuri won against Sooyoung in their simple rock, paper and scissor battle, she was the one privileged to give Yoona a ride. She kept talking to her about random things on their way to the airport. But Yoona didn't talk much because she's busy thinking of what she should do with her current situation. She's worried most specially on how she will handle Yuri and Sooyoung's feelings. She doesn't want them to get hurt because of her. She will never want it to be included in her to-do list. However, getting hurt emotionally is unavoidable if there is more than one individual who's pursuing only one person. Are the Kim siblings an exemption? Yoona is yet to find out. Somehow, the two sisters' actions were puzzling her. She's assuming that Yuri and Sooyoung knows that she strongly admires Jessica. Yet they still tried to woo her and there doesn't seem to be bad blood betweem them at the moment. Therefore Yoona wondered if they won't get affected in case she'll be able to win Jessica's heart.

Meanwhile, the siblings' unnies are still not at the airport. One of them is all set for the trip but the other still has a few preparations to make. "Hurry up, unnie. The kids are already waiting for us at the airport," says Tiffany Hwang. She is now thumping her foot on the floor while waiting for Kim Tae to finish changing her work suit.

"Airport? Why are they waiting for us at the airport? Aren't we travelling by land? You're bringing your car aren't you? So why do we need to go to the airport?"

"We're not travelling by land, unnie. We'll be riding the cargo jet of the Lotus Group. Therefore it means that my car is also getting on the plane okay?"

For a few seconds, Tae Hee's mouth formed into an 'O'. And then later on, she let out a sigh. "Of course, of course," she said while rubbing her temple. "How can I forget that our supposed-to-be father-in-law can make cars fly from one continent to another? Nothing is impossible with him. The Kim siblings are living a life of grandeur. And I'm so stupid for forgetting about that part. Let's go, Tiff. I bet those kids are excited for their barbecue party. They'd been enthusiastically talking about it since two days ago."

Inside the plane, Tae Hee chose not to sit by Jessica's side. She did it to avoid making Yoona misunderstand their closeness. But no matter how much she tried to be tactful, the doe-eyed girl still ends up getting jealous of their bond.

"The barbecue will get burned if you will not focus your attention to it," Yuri said to the doe-eyed girl who's not paying attention to the food she's roasting. Instead, her eyes were fixed to Jessica who is helping Tae Hee and Tiffany skewer the marinated meat.

"I'm...I'm sorry Yuri-ssi." Yoona looked down to hide her embarrassment. "Um...d-do you need anything?"

"I should be the one asking such question. Here. I brought you some drinks." Yuri placed a bottle of juice drink and a sparkling water on the table beside Yoona. "You're probably thirsty after spending too much time in front of an open fire. Look at giraffe. She has already drank two bottles of sparkling water because of thirst."

Yoona smiled after seeing Sooyoung eagerly roasting the chicken. The latter smiled as well and waved her hand. Looking at her and Yuri reminded Yoona of her concern. "Yuri-ssi?" she called with a trembling voice.

"Yes? What is it, my beautiful maiden?"

"I...I like Jessica-ssi," Yoona replied in nearly a whisper.

"I know. Sooyoung has been shoving it into my face since the first day you came. It's also obvious in the way you look at her. Too bad our sister is hard to please romantically. We never heard of her liking someone."

"If you know that I like her, why are you still - "

"Liking you?" Yoona nodded. "Why? Is it wrong to like you, beautiful maiden? Liking someone comes naturally, doesn't it? I'm not bothered if Sooyoung likes you too. It's okay if she'll also try to win your heart. You're still single so nothing's wrong with having more than one suitor. Only when you're taken are we going to stop. Give us a chance to prove ourselves, Yoona. If you're worried of hurting our feelings, don't be. We've chosen this path. We'll accept whatever your decision is in the end."

Yuri planted a kiss on Yoona's forehead before she continued preparing the other stuffs needed for their small gathering. Sooyoung clicked her tounge when she saw what Yuri did. It made her annoyed. But at the same time, she's also proud of Yuri's boldness. "Making a move while I'm busy huh? Don't get too confident Yul. I'll score one too later on," she mumbled to herself.

The six women's barbecue party was just a simple gathering around a fire pit table. They drank wine, talked about their experiences, played some mind games, amd even sang different songs in different languages. Through this, Yoona discovered that the Kim siblings are all musically-inclined. Yuri and Sooyoung have great voices and they can easily come up with original lyrics. And aside from having a great voice and a talent in playing the piano, Jessica can also play the guitar.

"Can't sleep?" asked someone who's standing behind Yoona at the second floor's balcony. It's Jessica who gave her extra jacket to the doe-eyed girl.

"I often have a hard time falling asleep on my first night in a new place," Yoona explained. "Miss Tiffany owns a really nice villa. I like the fact that it's built on top of a hill. It's peaceful, the air is fresh, amd the view is spectacular especially on a night like this. Those are probably the reasons why your sisters like it here."

"Yuri doesn't look like the type of a person who prefers places like this. Surprisingly, she does and Sooyou too." Silence befell upon them until Jessica continued to speak. "I'll go to the convent tomorrow to turn over the gifts. Wpuld you like to go with me?"

Yoona fidgeted with her fingers. Jessica is personally inviting her. Declining her invitation will be a stupid decision to make. "Just the two of us?" She chewed on her bottom lip when those words slipped her tounge. Somehow she found it awkward to ask such question to the person she admires. Thankfully, Jessica's fine with her query.

"Yes. Just the two of us. I'll leave early in the morning. Given that the others drank too much, I don't think they'll wake up on time to join me. Or if they do, I think they'll choose to deal with their hangover rather than to keep me company. So, can you give me a hand tomorrow?"

"S-Sure."

"Okay. Thank you, Yoona. You should sleep now. It's getting late."

"I'll try."

"You'll try?" Jessica thought of something she can do to help Yoona ward off her insomnia. The method she arrived at was something the doe-eyed girl didn't expect she'll do for her. She accompanied Yoona to her room, pulled a chair beside her bed, amd played the guitar while singing a mellow song. It's a heartwarming gesture that's also very effective in helping Yoona drift to dreamland. "Goodnight," Jessica whispered after placing a kiss on Yoona's fringe. She then left the room and plopped on the couch at the living area. She sang another song while staring at the ceiling. And after thirty minutes, Jessica fell asleep.

 

 

Based on how she was warmly welcomed by the Sisters at the convent, Yoona concluded that it must have been a long time since Jessica started helping the orphans living under their care. There's fifteen of them. The youngest one was a one year old baby who was abando

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter