Chapter 3

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday is one of the favorite days of the students in Yonsei Academy. They always look forward to it because, unlike other schools, the academy doesn't hold classes during Saturdays and Sundays. Hence, the students have two days in a week that the popular SYJ doesn't grace their mornings.

Just like the old times, most of the students waited in front of the main school building for the arrival of the three heiresses of Lotus Group. There are some who brought gifts like cake and souvenir items, while the others wrote another confession letters. When the limousine came in sight, they held their breath and screamed at the moment the three sisters alighted the car. However, such fangirling and fanboying moment was cut short when another person stepped out of the luxurious vehicle. They were dazzled by her beauty that's accentuated by her school uniform. But at the same time, they were also wondering who this new student is and why she is in the same car as their beloved SYJ members.

"Sooyoung-ssi, why are these students gathered here?" the curious Yoona asked in a whisper. "They also screamed your names and chanted SYJ a while ago. Why is that? Do they always do this every morning?"

Sooyoung chuckled at the doe-eyed girl's curiosity. She's cute when she's asking too many questions. "They're our fans from all year levels. SYJ is our group name. It's their habit to wait for our arrival in school everyday. Don't worry. You'll get used to it in a bit. Let's go. You can hold my hand if their stare is making you feel uncomfortable."

"Hold your hand?" Yoona looked at Sooyoung's right hand. At the corner of her eyes, she can see Yuri glaring at her sister while Jessica doesn't seem to be bothered at all. Well, she kind of expected for the cold one not to care if someone's going to make a move on her.

"Why are you hesitating to hold my hand? Friends hold each other's hands, don't they? Unless you prefer someone to do it." Because Sooyoung has always been in the mood to rile up Yuri ever since Yoona came into the picture, she held the doe-eyed's hand and didn't let go until they reached their classroom. Such action stirred the curiosity of their fans. They continued to wonder what the new girl's role is into their lives.

Because Yoona is also fluent in Korean despite being raised in Hong Kong, she didn't encounter any difficulties in understanding the lessons tackled using the national language. What's giving her a hard time is the kind of attention she gained because of her involvement to the three sisters. They sit next to each other in all classes, eat together during breaktime, and arrives and leaves the campus altogether. This provoked jealousy especially to Fei and her friends who often bullied Yoona when they see her alone.

"You. Why are you living in Yuri's house? You're not even related to them. If you have your own money then you should have just bought your own apartment. Are you a commoner pretending to be a rich kid? Are you planning to steal money from them? Why do the Kim family need to take care of someone like you?" Fei bombarded Yoona with questions when she and her friends got her cornered at the locker room.

"I searched for an information about your family in the internet but I found none. If your family is friends with Mr. Kim, then there should be at least one article about them. How come that there is none? Are you just using Mr. Kim's name so that others, and most importantly, so that SYJ will treat you better?" Jia added.

Yoona was supposed to defend herself but she was unable to do so when she heard Yuri speak. "What are you doing to her?" she asked in a serious tone that frightened the three friends. "Did I give you the right to interfere with my friend's business? Stay away from her if you don't have something nice to say. I'll be your worst enemy if I'll ever see you browbeating her again." Yuri took Yoona's hand and ushered her out of the room. "Did they hurt you?" she asked while checking Yoona for injuries.

"No, they didn't. They were just talking to me."

"I don't think talking is the right word for you to use to refer to what they did to you. They were clearly threatening you, Yoona. Don't leave my side again next time. I don't want you to see you get hurt."

The doe-eyed girl didn't expect that her heart will pound after listening to Yuri's concerned words. Sooyoung heard this and she smiled to herself because it seemed like Yuri's ways of pleasing Yoona has changed two weeks after she came into their lives. It came off like the female cassanova is now serious with the girl she likes.

 

 

"You're here again," says the beautiful librarian, Miss Tae Hee, to Jessica who is once again sitting on the same spot at the bookshelves area while reading the remaining chapters of an old novel. It's her breaktime so she used it to spend with the silent bookworm. "I heard the other students say that Sooyoung has a practice match today. Why are you here instead of watching her?"

"I already know the result of that game. I've memorized Sooyoung's moves and I know that there's still no one who can beat it. Besides, watching the official game matters more than watching her practice match," Jessica answered without breaking her focus to the book. Tae Hee smiled while silently observing her. Her love for reading is the same with her deceased brother.

Because of the closeness of Tae Hee and Jessica, some students spread rumors about them. They assumed that they probably like each other. When such news reached Yoona's ears, she became bothered and often observed Jessica and Tae Hee from afar in order to validate the rumor.

"I know that Miss Tae Hee and Jessie are beautiful. But it's not right for you to be staring at them for a long time. Your eyes might run dry and they might melt with your stare." This is what Tiffany said after observing Yoona who is alone on her table. Jessica and Tae Hee were four tables away from her. They look happy while discussing about trivial matters and also about how Tae Hee's relationship was with Kim Jaejoong.

"Miss Tiffany, since when were you sitting there?" Yoona asked. She was engrossed with her thoughts while staring at the pair so she failed to notice the presence of her English teacher.

"Since five minutes ago?" Tiffany replied. She flashed her signature smile to help brighten Yoona's mood. "Why were you staring at them? Are you one of those students who are assuming that romance is budding between Jessie and Miss Tae Hee?"

Yoona strongly disagreed but her expression showed otherwise. "Is it true, Miss Tiffany?" she asked after contemplating whether she should say it or not.

"Of course it's not. Actually, the students who are spreading such rumor are not believing it either."

"Then why are they still making up such assumption? What kind of balderdash is it? I don't get it."

Tiffany chortled at Yoona's worries regarding the rumor. "You know that Jessica and her sisters are famous among the students right?" The doe-eyed nodded. "They're just pairing her to Miss Tae Hee since she has a brilliant personality and dazzling beauty. The students been doing this pairing for fun. If you'll use another term to describe it, it's called OTP - one true pairing, if you know what that means. They can actually pair Jessica with anyone. But they paired her with an employee so that there will be less issue on jealousy."

"You're puzzling me even more, Miss Tiffany. Are you saying that if they'll pair Jessica with a student it will be a ruckus?"

"Exactly. Many are dying to become a lover of the Kim sisters. A mountain of jealousy exploded several times when Yuri and Sooyoung dated someone from Yonsei and another school. Imagine something like that happening with Jessica too if she'll date someone from the school."

Yoona imagined herself dating with Jessica. It's a complete mess. She saw herself being envied by many who bullied and bashed her online. It's terrible that she cringed in fear. But at the same time, she felt like it's an honor to be Jessica's girlfriend.

"You're smiling. Does it mean you're picturing yourself as Jessica's girlfriend?" Tiffany teased Yoona who blushed in embarrassment. "Anyways, to further stop you from being bothered with this famous school OTP, I'm going to tell you that everyone knows Tae Hee unnie is the girlfriend of Jaejoong oppa. He and Jessica have a closely akin personalities. This explains why unnie is closest to her among the three sisters." Tiffany leaned closer and whispered: "Therefore, you shouldn't be jealous of their closeness." She tapped Yoona's shoulder and flashed a teasing smile before she left. Few minutes later, Yuri and Sooyoung arrived. They were late for lunch because they were asked to report to the chairman's office for some important matters.

"Did a student bother you while you were alone?" Yuri asked. She's concerned that her jealous fans might have picked on the beautiful maiden again. Sooyoung snorted when she saw the genuine concern on Yuri's face. She's not used of seeing her sister being like this. Yuri's not being narcissistic anymore when talking to Yoona.

"With us ganging up to protect her, I don't think the students will bully her again," Sooyoung replied, beating Yoona in making an answer. "Yoona-ssi, is there a food you like the most? You can order anything you want. It will be my treat."

"What do you mean your treat?" Yuri countered. "Yoona, don't listen to her. I will be the one who'll pay for the food." She looked at Sooyoung and added: "...including your order, giraffe."

"Giraffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter