Chapter 7

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Speechlessness is oftentimes the initial reaction of a person following a surprise confession - This is what Jessica Kim learned from the old novels she read and the romance movies Sooyoung loves to watch at their home cinema every weekends. Therefore, she wasn't surprised at all when no words left Yoona's mouth minutes after she told her how she feels. Jessica is not expecting the stupefied girl to say anything, not even an I like you too because her actions alone showed how much she do. In fact, the third heiress is not expecting Yoona to do something in return. All she ever wants is for the taller girl to know how special she is for being the first person to make her feel what it's like to have someone to admire.

"Let's go home. I'm sure everyone's gonna look for us soon." Jessica beckoned Yoona to hold her hand. The latter just mindlessly let herself be guided down the lighthouse and sat silently at the back rack of Chae Won's bike. Yoona didn't say anything on their way home because she's still unspeakably surprised with Jessica's confession.

When the two arrived at Im Woo Hyuk's house, it was Yoona's dreamy expression that everyone noticed immediately. Even though Jessica has not yet asked her to be her girlfriend, knowing that it might happen sooner brought Yoona on cloud nine. And such happiness made her do household chores tirelessly until dawn.

"The maiden's acting weird. She's been moving around since lunchtime but until now she doesn't look tired. She must have trampled a dwarf this morning," Sooyoung jested while observing Yoona helping her cousins wash the dishes.

"I strongly disagree. It's more believable to say that she was poisoned by Jessica's bruschetta," Yuri blurted which made Sooyoung laugh while Jessica scowled at her.

Although the two were having fun throwing jokes at their sister, what's running on their minds was a suspicion that Jessica did something which caused Yoona's elation. Hence the two agreed to talk to her in private.

"Come on Jess. It's alright for you to tell us what really happened. It won't hurt to be honest with your sisters," Sooyoung said when Jessica refused to speak.

"Something changed with the maiden after the two of you came back this morning. She looked happier so I'm guessing that you did tell her something," Yuri added.

Since she's being cornered, Jessica had no choice but to tell them about the confession she made. "It was during our trip to Daegu that I started feeling something different whenever I'm with her. I tried to ignore it at first because I believed it was normal. But now I know what it is...I'm falling for her too. And because of that, I'm also going to pursue Yoona."

A pregnant silence befell upon them until Sooyoung heaved out a sigh. "So it's officially the three of us competing for the maiden's heart. It's good to hear you finally liking someone. But even though you're in an advantage because Yoona likes you a lot, I'm not gonna give up the throne too soon. I'll still try to tip the balance to my side so you must double your efforts if you want her to continue liking you." Sooyoung smiled and patted Jessica's shoulder before leaving. The latter waited patiently for Yuri to say something as well. Jessica knows that many things are running on her sister's mind so she didn't rush her on saying what she wants.

"Why don't you just simply tell us to stop courting Yoona?" Yuri finally said. "It is you that she likes. So now that you're starting to reciprocate her feelings, you have the right to tell us to stop trying to make her ours."

"Why? Is it what you want?" Yuri couldn't answer and avoided Jessica's eyes. "See? That is the answer to your question Yul. I cannot ask her to be my girlfriend this soon, not only because I'm just starting to like her, but also because you and Sooyoung are still not ready to surrender her to me. Even if you're acting tough and even if you're always saying that it's okay if the person you admire likes someone else, I know that on the inside you're hurting. You and Sooyoung are both feeble when it comes to love. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I maybe just like that."

Jessica paused to let Yuri speak. But the taller girl didn't say anything because she has nothing to counter her sister's words. Yuri agrees with every single thing Jessica said and she's amused how the shorter girl was able to see through her.

"I have just started liking Yoona. And while I'm still in the process of falling deeply in love with her, and while you're not yet ready to let her go, I'm going to pursue her like what you and Soo are doing. I'm not going to slack off just because she already likes me. I'm going to make her like me even more because Yoona is the first person I've set my eyes on."

Yuri smiled at Jessica's statements. She's happy and proud of having an amazing sister like her. "You're such a sweet talker Jess," she complimented as she gently squeezed Jessica's shoulder. "But your actions are much sweeter than words and I like you so much for that. If we're not adopted, I might have fallen for you too. Welcome to the world of the people who are in love. I'm also happy to know that you finally realized what it feels like to have someone to admire. I won't be giving up easily so you have to maintain Yoona's infatuation with you. Because if you won't, she might end up falling in love with a charismatic person like me."

Hearing Yuri being full of herself made Jessica feel relieved. "I'm not gonna let that happen. I promise that I will make her fall for me even harder," she said. The two laughed mirthfully and wished each other good luck.

 

Later that night, being in seventh heaven made it hard for Yoona to fall asleep. She's still thinking about Jessica's confession. Knowing that the third heiress is starting to like her made Yoona feel glad that all her efforts to make Jessica like her weren't put into waste.

"You're really an expert in making surprises Jessica-ssi. And whether you're putting an effort on it or not, everything you do have that fluttering effect on me. It doesn't matter if the taste of your bruschetta was so average. I can force my taste buds to stop complaining as long as you're the one who prepared my meal," the doe-eyed girl said softly while staring at the face of the heiress sleeping peacefully beside her. "And don't worry Jessica-ssi. If the heavens will bless me by making you my wife, you don't have to spend long hours perfecting a recipe so that the food you'll make will not taste awful. Why? Because I'd willingly do all the cooking until we grow old."

Yoona was hundred percent sure that Mr. Kim's daughter was already asleep. So she was confident to do anything to entertain her bored mind. This includes sharing Jessica's pillow and throwing kisses in the air that separates them. What she doesn't know was that the heiress was still trying to drift to dreamland. Hence, her active ears heard everything Yoona said. "You sounded like you're indirectly insulting me for being a bad cook," she said with her eyes remained shut. Yoona was startled to hear her speak and immediately returned to her side of the bed. Jessica opened her eyes slowly and stared intensely into Yoona's eyes.

"J-Jessica-ssi, w-what are you doing?" the doe-eyed girl asked when her crush started crawling on top of her. She has a feeling that Jessica is just doing it to . But she still can't help imagining wild things because of the kind of position they're in.

Jessica continued staring intensely into Yoona's eyes. And after a minute or two, her lips curved into a smile. "You look pretty when you're happy. But you look prettier when being scared," she said before placing a lingering kiss on Yoona's forehead. After that, her lips slowly trailed downwards and paused when their lips are just more than an inch apart.

"Oh my God! Is she going to kiss me? Please help me, my guardian angel. I may pass out if she'll do," Yoona said at the back of her mind while she was feeling Jessica's hot breaths bouncing at her lips.

When Jessica tilted her head, Yoona closed her eyes and nervously anticipated for a kiss. However, the heiress stopped right before their lips could make a slight contact. "Goodnight Yoona," she said before placing a peck on Yoona's cheek. She then fell back on her side of the bed and dozed off, leaving Yoona still on fire because of the tempting moment she just had.

At the following day, the doe-eyed girl was awakened by the warmth of sunlight that has percolated the guestroom. She reached for her phone at the top of the nightstand to check for the time. It was exactly nine thirty in the morning. She overslept and wasn't surprised at all since it's already past three in the morning when insomnia got bored messing up with her.

"This is your fault Jessica Kim," Yoona ranted while she's cleaning her face with a facial foam. "Your confession and seductive teasing kept me awake till morning. Now look at what happened to my face. I look like I'm carrying a two hundred pound sack of coal under my eyes because of you." Unknown to her was that Jessica was standing by the doorway and listening to her complaints. So when the heiress greeted her with a goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter