Chapter 12

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks before September - the month when classes resume at the famous Yonsei Academy - Im Yoona approached the CEO of Lotus Group to ask him a favor. This favor was to allow her to spend time with Jessica in Hong Kong for a week. Four days ago, Yoona received a letter from her parents informing her that they'll be home for a two weeks vacation. Her brother, Siwan, will also be there so it's her chance to formally introduce her girlfriend to her family members.

"It's fine with me, Yoona," Mr. Kim said after the doe-eyed girl explained her purpose. "But to ensure my granddaughter's safety, I'll ask three of my bodyguards to accompany her. I hope you don't mind it."

"No. It's totally fine with me, Mr. Kim. Jessica's safety is my priority too so I don't mind."

"Good. By the way, you also have to ask Tae Hee's permission. As Jessica's mother, she has the right to know where her daughter is staying for a week."

"Yes. I will certainly do it, Mr. Kim. Thank you again for giving me your permission. I'll take my leave now. Have a good day, sir."

After talking to CEO Kim, Yoona hurried to JaeHee Bookstore to talk to it's owner. She's alone in her office and contemplating on the things she can do for her daughter. Even if Jessica didn't demand for it, Tae Hee wants to make up for all her shortcomings.

"Miss Tae Hee? May I talk to you for a moment?" Yoona asked politely. Tae Hee nodded and beckoned her to take a seat.

"Is it about Jess?" the librarian asked.

"Um, y-yes, Miss Tae Hee. I'll be going to Hong Kong this Thursday. My brother and our parents are on a short vacation so I'd like to spend time with them before classes resume. I'd like to bring Jessica with me so that I can formally introduce her to my family. We'll be staying there for a week. W-Will it be alright with you, Miss Tae Hee?"

Yoona's fingers fidgetted. She has become more awkward in talking to Kim Tae Hee now that she is totally aware that the librarian is her girlfriend's biological mother.

"The past week had been stressful for my daughter. A good vacation is what she'll need so I'm fine with it. Just make sure that she's always safe okay? Return her to me in one piece." Kim Tae Hee chortled which alighted Yoona from her awkwardness. The doe-eyed girl thanked Jessica's mother and prepared to leave. But before she could close the door, Tae Hee told her another thing. "Thank you," she said sincerely. "Thank you for always being there for my daughter, Yoona. I owe you...a lot."

Yoona shook her head in disapproval. "I just did what I have to do, Miss Tae Hee. I love your daughter so much. So anytime she needs me, I'll always be there to help her. You do not owe me anything, Miss Tae Hee. I did what I should do without expecting anything in return."

A smile was plastered on Tae Hee's face for a long time after Yoona left. She's glad that her daughter has someone like the doe-eyed girl by her side.

"Why is it that you only invited Jessica? Me and Yuri also want to go to Hong Kong, you know?" Sooyoung sulked while watching Yoona packing Jessica's clothes. The latter said that she can do it by herself, but the doe-eyed girl insisted to do it for her. Hence, Jessica ended up doing nothing but to sit beside her suitcase.

"Don't worry Sooyoung-ssi," Yoona said to the sulking girl. "I promise that next time, I'm going to bring you and the others to my grandfather's house. This time, I really want it to be just me and your niece."

Yoona still cackles at the thought that the eighteen year-old Kim Sooyoung is already an aunt to someone as old as her.

"Okay. I'm going to keep that in mind, Yoongie. Have fun on your vacation. I might not be able to accompany you to the airport tomorrow because I have an appointment with my girlfriend and her friends. I'll go ahead. I don't wanna be a distraction to your quality time."

Once they're left alone, Yoona sat beside her girlfriend and looped her arms around her waist. "I'm glad Sooyoung-ssi didn't insist on coming with us. Three bodyguards are already too much of a disturbance."

Jessica laughed at Yoona's statement. She doesn't know when her lover started wanting to have her all by herself. "You sound like you're gonna do something others are prohibited to see," she said while staring at Yoona's doe eyes and caressing her cheek.

The taller girl held the hand caressing her face and gave it a gentle kiss. "I just don't prefer being watched while doing something romantic for my special someone," she said which casted a loving smile on Jessica's face.

"How about your family?"

"They know when they should give me space."

"All right then. I'll be looking forward to what you will do for me." Jessica gave her girlfriend a kiss which lasted until they ran out of air. "I love you," she said in a breathy way that Yoona loves to hear again and again.

In the morning before Yoona and Jessica set off for Hong Kong, Tae Hee went to Kim Jong Shin's residence to see her daughter. She brought her stuffs which a mother would buy if her child is going out for a school trip. Jessica found it a bit funny but she didn't complain at all. Instead, she appreciated Tae Hee for the efforts she made.

"Always be careful okay?" Tae Hee said as if it will take her a long time before she'll see her daughter again. "Don't do anything silly. Don't go astray. Help Yoona's parents with the chores and don't - "

"Eomma, it's okay," Jessica said to interrupt the worried woman. "I'll be fine. I'm not a child anymore. You don't have to worry too much about me. Grandpa's bodyguards will be there and Yoona will always look after me. I'll come back in one piece, alright?"

"Except without a cherry," Yuri blurted. Jessica understood what she meant. Hence, she shot the tan girl with her death glare. Yuri just shrugged at Jessica's reaction while Sooyoung laughed at her sister's dirty thoughts.

At Hong Kong's airport, only Im Siwan came to fetch his sister and their special guest. He's a charming lad who'll look great with anything he'll wear. Even Jessica admitted to herself how handsome Yoona's brother is.

"Stop looking at my brother like that," Yoona whispered to Jessica when she caught her glancing at the rearview mirror to see Siwan's reflection.

"Why? I'm just admiring your brother's handsome face. He's the most good-looking sous chef I'd ever seen."

"That's exactly the reason why. The way you're looking at him is making me jealous."

Yoona pouted, an action which made her look adorable in Jessica's eyes. Hence, the latter gently pinched her lover's cheeks. "You look so cute when being jealous. Now I got an idea on how I can make you look adorable."

Yoona slightly frowned and pointed at her face. "This face doesn't look adorable for you?" she asked.

"Nope," Jessica replied quickly.

"You're cruel."

Jessica smiled and put her face almost to Yoona so that she can see her eyes clearly. "It's because you look mesmerizing all the time, so you barely become adorable in my eyes," she complimented which effectively pulled up the corners of Yoona's lips.

"Really?"

"You don't believe me?"

"You were teasing me earlier so I'm having a hard time believing you now."

"What should I do for you to believe me?"

Yoona hummed while pondering. Then after a while, Jessica saw her tapping her lips.

"Your brother can see us."

"It's alright. I'm sure he won't mind seeing his little sis being kissed by her girlfriend. Or, I can also ask him to stop the car and close his eyes."

"No, you shouldn't. I'll just reserve the kiss for later."

"Okay. You owe me a kiss then."

At the driver's seat, Siwan was smiling to himself while listening to the couple's conversation. They're too sweet and adorable for his ears to handle. He actually felt like there were ants crawling on his limbs while listening to the duo's exchange of sweet words.

 

 

The house of the Im family was just like that of the house of Yoona's uncle in Jeju. It's a mix of traditional and contemporary Korean design with an additional touch of Chinese architecture. Both Mr. and Mrs. Im were cheerful and kind. And Im Hae Suk, a.ka. Jason Lin, was a fun-loving old man.

All four members of Yoona's family liked Jessica. They loved talking to her and sharing their knowledge in the culinary world. Jessica, on the other hand, enjoyed the family's company. She never had a dull moment with them and never felt out of place whenever she's around them. Everytime she's conversing with the Im couple, she feels like she still has a complete family.

"It's been two days yet you still haven't given me the kiss you owe me," Yoona said while she and Jessica were washing the dishes.

"I've already given you numerous kisses so it's alright for me to owe you one," Jessica deadpanned.

"But you promised that you'll give it to me later. Two days are quite too much of a delay." The doe-eyed girl jutted her lower lip and pretended to be upset. But this didn't work on her girlfriend.

"I don't remember saying the word promise. What I told you that d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter