Chapter 14

Me and The Dying Girl

Today is the day, the toughest day in my life. I'm waiting for Mina outside Examine Room 3, at this narrow and dark corridor. I feel anxious, I walked back and front, I just can't stop thinking about what are they going to do with Mina. All I knew about is that they are performing several test on Mina. I'm extremely worried about Mina, is she going to be fine there to be alone without me by her side? I had no idea.

I'm waiting outside for hours now. Nurses and doctors keep on entering and exiting Mina's examine room. It worries me, really. I try to calm myself but I just can't, my legs won't stop tapping the cold floor, my hands shaking. Doctor Park told me earlier that these procedures won't take long, but now it almost night time, the sun almost sets. 

An hour later, the door to Examine Room 3 opened. I stood up from the side chair and saw a hospital bed with small tyres being pushed by 2 nurses, its Mina. I approached her bed slowly and help the nurses pushed Mina's bed. She's unconscious, an intravenous was inserted on her lower right arm, another nurse pushed the Heart Monitoring machine, she's wearing the oxygen mask on her face. My heart was in pain to see Mina in this state, I don't know what they have done to my Mina. I wanted to cry but its not the right time to cry.

We're now inside the room Mina's was assigned yesterday. I'm watching the nurses and doctor setting up the equipments, I don't know the names. I only know the Heart Monitoring machine. 

"Please keep your eyes on her heart rate. Call us if you need any help" one of the nurse told me.

"Thank you" I bowed at her and went straight to Mina's side.

Mina is unconscious, she looks pale, a thin tube was inserted on her lower right arm. She had this oxygen mask on her, is she having difficulty to breathe? I can't think straight at the moment. All I did was I let my tears fall freely as I can't held back my tears. I can't bear watching Mina in this state. Where she looks weak, lifeless and pale.

I grip tight her hand and kiss them. Her hand feels so cold unlike yesterday. I look at Mina's face then a silver shiny thing around her neck grab my attention. Its the tiger pendant necklace that I bought for her, it reminds me of that day, reminds me of Mina's smile, her y killing gazed and her cute wink. Now I miss Mina's smile so bad. 

 

> 2 hours later < 

Mina is still unconscious. Tzuyu, Sana and Jihyo came to visit Mina. Luckily they came to accompanied me today. Then Doctor Park called me over to his room to explain about Mina's sickness. Tzuyu is going with me, she said that I might faint at Doctor Park's room. I slapped her back hard enough which makes her groan in pain, but it did cheer me up a little bit.

"Please look after Mina for me, I won't take long"

"Don't worry about her, just go. Jihyo and I will be here with her" Sana said, I just nodded my head and went to his room

 

> at Doctor Park's office <

We sit in front of him. Both Tzuyu and I listen attentively to Doctor Park's explanations. My face expression serious all the time, even Tzuyu. I never see her this serious before. Doctor Park keep on explaining and explaining , he didn't even give us any chance to ask him a question.

I just want to ask him one question, is Mina dying? Or Is she going to die tonight since she's unconscious and weak on her bed. My tears start to fall just thinking about Mina in that condition. Until at some point Doctor Park's explanation make my world stop for a while. That one word, that one damn word make me cry with all my heart. Even Tzuyu who was sitting next to me cry along with me. 

 

> a week later <

Here I am sitting at the bench, waiting for that person who will never came, I guess. This bench, brings a loads of memories. I lift my head up to see the blue sky, it reminds me of that day, the day I confessed my love to Myoui Mina. 

I grab my backpack to read the letter that Mina left for me inside the mailbox of my house. She wrote that letter a day before she was hospitalized. I took a deep breath before I read her letter. The envelope stated 'to : Son Chaeyoung❤ ' I open the envelope, took out the pink paper and read its content :

To my love Chaeyoung,

Chaeyoung-ah if you read this letter, then you know that I'm no longer live in this beautiful world. But before that, I would like to tell you that I'm very sorry I can't keep all my promises to you.

I once promised to you that I'll teach you my penguin dance, I once promised to you that I'll bring you to visit Japan one day and I'll be your tour guide for free and I even promised to you that I'll granted one of your wish but I failed to fulfill your one and only wish for me which is to stay by your side ALWAYS. I am really sorry Chaeyoung.

On top of that, I was so happy when you confessed your love to me, actually I never expected that to be honest. And I'm so grateful for you always stick by my side even though I'm sick, other people might think that I'm wasting their precious life, but you're different from them. I'm glad to chose you as my hope and strength to keep me fight all my hardships and I just want you to know that you're my strength, Chaeyoung-ah, you never once let me down and failed to make smile.

Through you I met amazing people, Sana and Tzuyu. Please tell them don't missed me too much and tell Tzuyu I say 'thank you' for taking care of you while I'm gone, she really is my good spy. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ and thanks to you I met my best friend Jihyo before I'm gone forever, you really are something that I can't imagine of. Ah if you're curious about me as a student, ask Jihyo, she knows a lot about me. If you don't mind, can you visit my parents once or twice a week? I think they admire you like their own daughter 

Finally I want to tell you that having you as part of life and falling in love with you at the first sight was the best thing ever in my life. I hope you feel the same way as I do. I am really hoping that even though I'm gone you will cherish our time being together, our first met, our stupid jokes and our first kissed. And Chaeyoung-ah, I love you, I know I rarely express those words to you but just to let you know that I DO LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. 

P/S : Thank you for all your sweet surprises, your time and your love for me. And don't missed too much Chaeyoung-ah and thank you for granting all my wishes.

Sincerely, your love, Myoui Mina

 

And her letter ends just like that, I told myself not to cry but her letter breaks my heart. I eventually cry , I just can't hold it. But then someone spoiled my mood when that person trip in front of me. I wipe off my tears to help her stand on her feet, and rub off some dust on her knees and hands

"Can't you walk properly?" 

"Sorry, I just don't want to make that person wait for- did you cry?" she didn't finished her sentence, instead she asked me a question.

I looked at her frowning my eyebrows

"Yes, I cried. I cried because of this letter. Your letter Myoui Mina!" 

"I told you not to read my letter, its too embarrassing~" she pout

"Too late, I already read all of them, it breaks my heart really, I never knew this side of you. The 'emotional' side of yours" I teased Mina 

"Stop teasing me Chaeyoungie~~ or else-"

"What? What do you want to say?" I provoked her 

Mina squeezed my cheek with her hand, tilt her head a little bit and kiss my lips. She never changed, her lips taste like strawberry, just my favourite. Oh yeah nowadays Mina likes to kiss me, the SaTzu couple called Mina a 'Kissing Maniac' hahahahaha I feel sorry for Mina. 

By the way that damn one word Dr.Park told me was 'alive' he told me that Mina is going to be alive, she's not dying. Those words made me cried like crazy at Dr.Park's room. He said Mina is not sick, she just have thin body tissue, like every time she's coughing violently it will bleed. That is why whenever she coughs, blood will come out from . Don't ask me where the blood come from, I'm sure somewhere inside her body. Then after 20 years living, only then Mina found out that she had asthma. That explained why she's always gasping to catch her breath. So the conclusion is Mina is not sick, it just that she had asthma.

But the funny thing is why did Mina believe that she's dying? Well, she said that she once watched this movie about a man died because he coughed out blood. I laughed so hard when Mina told me this, she watch too much movies and drama. HAHAHAHA

I'm glad that all her hardships is now over. And I'm glad that Mina is not dying and here she is stand in front of me, still her strawberry lips on my lips. I'm glad she'll stay by my side forever and she had finally fulfilled my wish.

 

 

»» Thank you so much for reading my 1st fanfic from chapter 1 till the end :D

I'm not sure if you guys feel satisfy with the ending of this fanfic and I just hope that you guys like it. And I'm very sorry if this ending is a bit boring and so on :') or maybe some of it doesn't make any sense at all :'D hahaha sorry guys, I'm not a knowledgeable person, so yeah

Once again Thank you :D 

»» Lots of love from squirel4lyfe :]