Chapter 10

Me and The Dying Girl

> 3 days later <

On my way to Mina's house, I smile like a fool the whole time while thinking for Mina, she said she's going to cook for me today plus I'm sleeping over at hers tonight. Finally I get to taste her cooking cause Aunty Heo told me Mina is a good chef. Out of the blue someone called my name which make me stop. That person stand in front of me, I never see this person before but strange how did she know my name? The unknown girl approach me, I back off slowly afraid this person might have a bad intention.

"Can we talk for a moment?" the girl said. She's beautiful and she have this exotic look, and big eyes which intimidates me a little.

"Why should I? I don't even know you" I said to her coldly

The girl sighed heavily after hearing my answer.

"But I know you" 

I observed the girl face, trying my best to remember her but nothing reminds me of her. 

"I mean I know you from someone else, so can we talk? Its important"

"What so important about it? Well you see I have an important meeting so maybe next time" I walk passed the girl and walked away.

"Its about Mina!" the girl shout, which makes me turn and faced her. The words Mina catch my ears and attention. I walk towards the girl and look at her with my curious face.

"My-Myoui Mina?" I hesitate a little. The girl nod her head, that's when I decided to follow the girl to nearby cafe and talk about this.

> at ONZ Cafe <

Jihyo sit in front of me. Jihyo is the girl earlier, she said she's an old friend of Mina before Mina dropped out from school just like me. Mina never told me the reason she dropped out from school, she even never mentioned having a friend named Jihyo, so I'm being cautious around her. What if this is some kind of prank just to separate me and Mina? So I told myself not to believe in all the words coming out from Jihyo's mouth. But somehow some parts of me want to believe in her because I can sense that Mina haven't told me everything about her. 

"What is it about Mina you want to talked about?" I asked her first after she took a sip of her Americano.

"Did Mina tell you anything about her, like her health conditions or something?" 

"No" 

"I knew it" Jihyo said then she sit up straight which make me more curious.

"Why do you mean by you knew it? What is it about her health conditions? What's wrong with Mina" I attack Jihyo with many questions

"Listen Chaeyoung-ah, Mina is actual sick" Jihyo said with a serious tone.

"Huh? What do you mean by Mina is sick, when she's in a well conditions with me" then something pop-up in my head. A vision of Mina's coughing and gasping for air few weeks ago suddenly pops in my head. I look at Jihyo with my eyes full of uneasiness.

"Is this has something to do with her-" I stop my words, hesitate for a while

"Her coughing?" Jihyo continued my words and nodded her head as a 'Yes' 

My chest was in pain like I can't breath smoothly. I keep on telling myself to gather yourself together cause nothing is dangerous with Mina coughing like that. Coughing doesn't make you die or something! I look at Jihyo wanted more information about Mina's health when suddenly I got a phone call from Mina. Then I remember that I'm having a dinner tonight at Mina's house.

"Sorry I have to go now" I said in hurried.

"By the way, if you want to know more about her here is my number" Jihyo give me a small paper with her number on it. I just nodded at her and quickly go straight to Mina's house. 

> at Mina's house <

Aunty Heo open the door for me, she greeted me and invited me in to the living room. Luckily I made it on time. I was waiting for Mina in the living room, I was distracted remembering about what Jihyo and I talked earlier. I don't even realized that Mina is standing in front of me in her red dress we bought yesterday.

"Wow you look pretty tonight" I exclaimed

"Hehehe thanks" she hugged me, our new way of saying 'Hi'

Mina then brought me to the dining room. As I entered the dining room the table just full of Western food. She cooked me Carbonara and she baked chocolate brownies for me,the other 2 dishes I don't remember the names but it looks so appetizing. We start to dig in the food, every food she cooks taste so delicious and suit my appetite, I just can't stop compliment Mina's cooking skills. 

After dinner Mina told me to put my bag in her room first while she's helping Aunty Heo wash the dishes. Nice, this is my golden opportunity to look for any clues about what Jihyo told me earlier. I quickly went to her bedroom, I put my bag at the sofa then start searching for clues.

There's nothing much to see though in Mina's room, the bookshelf just full of comics and novels of Harry Potter, at her study desk I only found some note book and framed pictures. The big framed picture showed Mina and her parents and next frame showed a picture of Mina and me that we took on our 3rd date.

I smile as I look at the pictures, when suddenly Mina's hand wrapped around my wrist and she rested her chin at my right shoulder. I didn't even notice when she entered her room, I was startled a little. 

"Remember that picture we took together? There's story behind you forced smile" she asked me

"Yeah, you told me to smile when I don't even want to" I chuckles

"Just look at how cute your smile and your dimples when you smile" Mina pinch my cheek and make me turn around to face her.

"Ouch! Ya! That's hurt" I pout

"Hehehe sorry sweetheart you're just so cute" 

Mina my cheek with her thumb gently, feeling sorry for hurting my cheek. I gazed into her eyes, her eyes looks so beautiful when the table lamp from her study desk reflects in her eyes. I fall deeper in her eyes, then my eyes aiming for Mina's pink lips.

I ran my hand through her light brown hair, down to her shoulder then I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled her toward me. I kissed Mina's pink lips, it taste like a strawberry, just my favourite. Mina pressed her lips into mine as if she wants more, I tilt my head to get the perfect angle to kiss her comfortably. We kissed each other passionately but then Mina pull herself away from my kiss.

I look at her, confused, what have I done? Did I do something wrong that might offended her? I look at her,she pant heavily trying to catch her breath. As I try to approach Mina, she slowly backing off from me then that is when she start to cough, which makes me worried about her more.

 

 

»» Thank you very much to new subscribers :D Subscribes and comment :)