Chapter 11

Me and The Dying Girl

"Mina! Mina?! Can you hear me?!"

I don't what to do with Mina, Aunty Heo weren't in the house right now, only me and Mina. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder to support her from collapsing, just in case. Mina was covering with her hand and she's coughing violently which makes me worried more about her. Mina covering while coughing bothered me. So I decided to grabbed her hand so she can breathe smoothly.

"Mina-ah stop covering your mouth! You need to br-"

I stop my words when I feels warm liquid as I touched Mina's hand that covers . Mina pull away from me and went straight to the bathroom. I looked at my hand, I was shocked, my pupils dilated, and my legs were shaking. Its blood. The blood came from Mina's hand or should I said from . Jihyo was right and she's right all the way. Mina is sick. My head can't think straight at the moment.

Mina then approached me, she brought along with her a small towel. She lifted up my hand that was stained by her warm blood and she wiped them off for me. I looked at Mina with my teary eyes, she's not dare enough to look at me in the eyes. 

I'm backing off from Mina but then she pull my hand towards her, slipping her arms under my armpits and give me a tight hugged. She never hugged me like this before. She's crying with all her heart as she hugs me, I can feel her tears dropped on my shoulder. It brokes my heart into small pieces to see her cry like this. I wanted to cry but I hold back my tears from falling.

"Sorry Chaeyoung-ah, I wanted to tell you about this a long time ago, but I don't know how" Mina cried with all her heart and so did I, my tears finally pouring out.

"I thought I'm getting better but" she stop and start to cry out loud.

I the back of her head to calm her down a little. We stayed in hug positioned for quiet a while.

> at midnight <

Mina was sleeping right next to me, like so closed to me. We're facing each other as we laid on her bed. Mina wrapped her arms around my waist, afraid that I might leave her, but the truth is I won't leave her side, NEVER. I observed Mina's face as she fall asleep next to me, I like to see this side of hers where the expression of her face looks calm as if she had no burdens at all in this world. She looks so beautiful with this expression , I just can't take my eyes away from her and my thumb just won't stop her soft red cheek, after effect for crying too long.

I can't sleep to be honest cause my head keeps on remembering about what Mina told me earlier.

*** flashback to an hour ago ***

After both Mina and I calmed down from crying, we sit on the sofa facing each other. She grip both of my hands, tight, while my thumbs the surface of Mina's hands to make her calm. Mina still not looking at me in the eyes.

"I'm sick Chaeyoung-ah. It's been 2 years now I'm suffering from this unidentified sickness. My family and I went to several countries to asked for help, unfortunately luck wasn't on our side. My parents tried their best to find the cure to this sickness, but they got nothing. Until one day I told them to stop looking for answers, I just didn't want them to waste their time looking for answers when I'm pretty sure that I'm dying soon" Mina start to cry again, her tears dropped to the skin of my hand. I held myself from crying cause I don't want to make Mina feel bad. After 5 minutes in silence mode, she then continued.

"I then gave up on everything. I dropped out from school and stayed away from my friends who always give me hope that I'm going to live longer"

"You mean Jihyo?" I asked her, just to make sure that Jihyo was really an old friend of hers. Mina nod her head.

"Jihyo was one of them who tried her best to find the cure to this sickness I'm suffering from. Because of me she always being scolded by teachers for not finishing her assignments. I feel bad for her. I then promised myself not to make any connection with my friends and new people outside there. I don't want to burden them"

Mina finally lifted up her head to face me, make eye contact with me. Her eyes looks sad filled with her dark past. I can feel her suffering from her past.

"But then I broke my own promise, because of you. You, Son Chaeyoung"

I cannot held back my tears, I let them fall and cry with Mina. Mina smile as she mentioned my name. Mina told me before, our first meet wasn't at that narrow street where we bumped into each other, actually Mina first saw me at the park, at the bench where I always sketch. 

"You catch my eyes when I first went to that park, I don't why but you have that aura that attracts me to you, really. Since the day I first saw you I keep on following you from the back, watch your every moves from a far but then you never look back to notice me. Then finally boom I bumped into you at that narrow street, and you've finally notice my presence. I didn't plan to get to know you at first but thanks to our phone being switched we met each other, get to know each other and became this close"

She chuckles, thinking of our first unexpected meeting each other.

"You give me hope to stay alive Chaeyoung-ah, you really do. But then this sickness I'm suffering from isn't getting better, instead its getting worse. The blood, those blood makes me believe that I'm going to die Chaeyoung-ah. I'm going to die soon" and again she start to cry with all her heart.

"No, no shhhhhtt stop saying those word, please! Please stop breaking my heart ok?" 

I hugged her tightly, she buried her face on my shoulder, her tears wet my clothes, but I don't mind as long as she feel better in my embrace. 

*** end of flashback ***

The flashback ends when Mina who was sleeping next to me suddenly called my name.

"Chaeyoung-ah, Son Chaeyoung" she mumbled

"Yeah, I'm right here" 

I get closer to her slipped my right arms around her head while my left arms wrapped around her waist to give her a hug, Mina buried her face to my chest. My chest felt warm by her warmth breath. Mina being sick doesn't stop me from loving her, instead it makes me love her more. I'll promise you Myoui Mina, that I won't leave you I thought to myself. Tomorrow I'll try to find the cure for Mina's sickness, I'll have to ask Tzuyu to help me. 

 

 

»»» Thank you very much to new subscribers :) subscribe and comment :)

Btw I'm very sorry if this fanfic of MiChaeng is an angst. Just stay with me till the end to see a miracle :)