Chapter 12

Me and The Dying Girl

After I left Mina's house I immediately went to TWIZ Cafe, to meet Tzuyu and I invited Jihyo as well to make this process faster. I told Mina today not to go anywhere and just stayed home to get some rest, cause I know she didn't get enough sleep last night. I feel sad though to leave her like that, but I'm desperate to find a cure for her sickness, I'm doing this for Mina.

 

> At TWIZ Cafe < 

Tzuyu was the first one to arrived.

"Did you bring your laptop?" 

"Right here" Tzuyu tap her backpack

"Nice, now we wait for Jihyo"

"Jihyo? Who's that?"

"She's Mina's old friend"

While waiting for Jihyo , I told Tzuyu about Mina, her sickness, her past and what we're about to do in seconds. Then Jihyo finally here. I introduced Tzuyu and Jihyo to each other and we immediately start searching for the cure using Tzuyu's laptop, while Jihyo and I search using our phone.

We spent hours and hours on this but I won't give up until I found something that can help Mina cure from her sickness. Then Tzuyu who was not good with searching stuff finally found an article for me and Jihyo to read. 

The article stated : 

Amazing Doctor Park solved and cured many countless unidentified disease

I nodded my head at Tzuyu and showed her my thumb. Jihyo jot down Doctor Park's email to ask more information. On the spot, we sent a message to Doctor Park. Now all we have to do is wait for his reply.

While waiting for a reply from Doctor Park, the 3 of us relax and have a little chit chat. Tzuyu then excuse herself from the table to answered Sana's phone call. 

"By the way, thanks for telling me about Mina's sickness yesterday. I wasn't that shocked last night when she told me about her being sick. I can't imagine what would happen to me and Mina if you didn't informed me about this, so thank you" 

"Its ok, I'm doing this for Mina and you. Seeing Mina smile again makes me happy because she's a very good friend of mine" Jihyo said with her happy-sad tone 

"Well. Why don't you meet her tomorrow? I bet Mina will be happy to see you" I exclaimed

"I would love to but-" 

"Don't worry I'll help you out" I smile to Jihyo

 

> the next day, at Mina's house < 

I brought Jihyo to Mina's house. Jihyo is feeling so nervous, she haven't see Mina for almost a year now. I tapped her shoulder to cheer her up. In front of Mina's house, Jihyo stand behind me, but then I can't covered her because I'm short , for sure Mina's can see Jihyo was hiding behind me so I asked Aunty Heo to help us. Aunty Heo brought Jihyo to the backyard of Mina's house to hide for a while. 

I rang the bell then after few seconds Mina open the door for me smiling at me showing me her gum, I haven't see that smile for weeks now. Mina jump on me and give me a hug.

"Did you miss me this much?"

Mina released her embrace and look at me with a pout

"Of course. I miss you soooooo much! That I kept on staring at you picture yesterday"

"Hehehehe sorry babe, I was busy yesterday" I rub her head gently "Ah! By the way I have a surprise for you" 

"Really? What is it?" she asked me full of curiosity

"Here, hold my hand and close your eyes"

Without asking anything , Mina grabbed my hand and closed her eyes. I slowly walk towards the backyard where Jihyo was waiting for us. 

"No peeking please miss Myoui Mina~" I . She just smile

Now we're at the backyard. I can see Jihyo was clenching her hands, she must be nervous. I look at Jihyo and say 'Fighting' to her of course I said it silently. I instructed Mina to stop and stand still. I stand next to Jihyo. Jihyo nodded her head as a sign of 'I'm ready'

"You can open your eyes now Mina"

Mina open her eyes slowly. Her pupils dilated seeing Jihyo standing in front of her. Jihyo look at Mina with her teary eyes and smile at her.

"How are you my long lost friend?" Jihyo greeted Mina first who seems shocked at the moment

Mina then give Jihyo a hug. Both Jihyo and Mina cry, it just an understandable situation, because they haven't see or talk to each other for almost a year now. I almost cry watching at this bittersweet reunion of two friends. Mina then look at me and thanked me silently for this reunion. Well she looks so happy to see her best friend after almost a year not in contact with Jihyo

I left Mina and Jihyo to have their own privacy. I sit at the bench near the small lake, while Mina and Jihyo sit at the bench opposite mine. Mina and Jihyo never stop exchanging stories, they just have a loads of stories to shared. Like what Mina wished for few weeks ago 'Only look at Myoui Mina'  even in this situation, I only looked at her the whole time. Even Mina took a few glances at me. I love this feeling to be madly in love with her even if she's sick. Well I don't care as long as I'm happy with her.

The day is getting dark, Mina and I accompanied Jihyo to the bus stop. Jihyo bade her farewell and thanked me for today bittersweet reunion. Mina and I then went back home. 

As usual I sent Mina home first. Mina and I walked along the narrow street swinging our interlocking fingers. 

"Thank you for today's surprise. I didn't expect Jihyo was the 'surprise', I was expecting for something else" 

"What? Are you saying that you're not happy to see Jihyo?" I

"Of course I'm very happy to see Jihyo, I haven't talked to her for almost a year now. You never failed to me happy or surprise me, that's what I love about you" Mina smile sheepishly

Gosh she make me blushed! Actual I have one more surprise for Mina. Out of the blue I pretending to have a stomach ache.

"Aigoo, my stomach, aaaa! It hurts!"  I crouched down as if I'm suffering from serious stomach ache.

Mina then crouched down next to me, I can sense that she's worried about me.

"Cha-Chaeyoung-ah what happen? Are you in pain?"

I try my best to cover my face with my hands, I don't want to look at Mina because I know I'll laugh at my terrible act then my surprise for her might be a total failure. 

"Mina-ah, can you help me with, aigoo my stomach!" I almost laugh at my terrible acting

"Me what? Help you with what?!" 

"Look for the painkiller in my backpack. AIGOO!" 

Mina took my backpack and start to look for the painkiller. While she's busy looking for the painkiller, I took something out from my pocket and wait for Mina to say something

"Chaeyoung-ah there's no painkiller inside your backpack, where did you put it?" Mina look at me with her eyes full of worries

"Well how about you wear this to make me feel better?"

 

 

»» Thank you for subscribing :)

Please stay with me till the end, only few chapters left :)