Chapter 7

Pretend

"Yoona-ah, you must answer my question honestly, okay?"

"Okay? I'll see what's the question about first."

"You like Taeyeon right?"

Yoona spat out the water she was drinking and starting coughing like mad. Her classmates around her were also giving her weird looks.

"We should talk elsewhere." Sunny grabbed Yoona's arm before bringing her to an isolated corner of the school building.

"Seriously? That's the question?" Yoona tried acting as though she found Sunny's question ridiculous but in reality, she was getting flustered.

"Answer me."

"Of course I like Taeyeon unnie. She treats me better than you do." Yoona tried avoiding the question.

"Don't avoid my question. You know that's not what I'm asking."

"Then what are you asking?" Yoona mentally praised herself. "Good job, Im Yoona. Continue acting dumb."

Usually by now, Sunny would have given up but she was determined to find out the truth today. "Whether you like Taeyeon romantically."

Yoona was officially having a mental breakdown. "Why is she asking this? Does she know? Did I accidentally say something wrong? Stupid Yoona!"

"Since you are not saying anything, I take that as a yes."

"What?!" Yoona widened her eyes and waved her hands around wildly. "No no no, I don't like Taeyeon unnie that way."

"Don't lie to me. I saw the way you behaved around Taeyeon yesterday."

Yoona kept silent at that.

Sunny walked forward and hugged Yoona. "Poor thing, you were hiding that from us. It must have been really difficult."

With that, Yoona allowed herself to start crying and poured her heart out to Sunny. "I've liked Taeyeon unnie for almost 2 years already. At first, I thought it was just a stupid crush that would disappear soon."

Yoona stopped and Sunny patted her back to encourage her to continue. "But then, it didn't. My feelings only grew stronger."

As Yoona pulled away from the hug, Sunny asked "What are you going to do?"

Yoona turned away before mumbling softly, "Nothing."

Still, Sunny managed to hear her. "What?!"

"As long as Taeyeon unnie is happy, that's good enough for me."

"You think she's happy now?"

"I don't know." Although Yoona said that she just wants Taeyeon to be happy, another reason why she did not want Taeyeon to know was because she did not want Taeyeon to feel sorry for her.

"What exactly are you scared about?"

"Taeyeon unnie likes Tiffany unnie. So why would I try when I know how it's all going to end?"

"You know that things are not going to work out between Taeyeon and Tiffany."

"Maybe Tiffany unnie will realize her mistake and her feelings for Taeyeon unnie."

"Yoona-ah, what I'm about to say is really harsh to Tiffany but it's the truth. Even if Tiffany realizes that she likes Taeyeon, she won't face it. In the end, Taeyeon will only get more hurt."

 

[Sunny's POV]

YoonTaeNy Emergency Team

Sooyoung: YoonTaeNy??? WTH is that

Yoona + Taeyeon + Tiffany = YoonTaeNy

Yuri: Okay O_o

I have to tell you all something really important

Seohyun: Is something wrong unnie?

Yoona likes Taeyeon

Hyoyeon: What?!
Sooyoung: You're kidding right???

Do you think I'll joke about this???

Seohyun: So what are you thinking of doing unnie?

I want to bring Taeyeon and Yoona together

Yuri: Taeyeon is whipped for Tiffany

I know but we have to try

Seohyun: I support you unnie :)
Hyoyeon: Seo you're supporting this crazy idea???
Yuri: If maknae supports this then I support it too I guess
Sooyoung: To make Taeyeon happy I think we should make her forget Tiffany
Sooyoung: If it's not clear it means I support this

Hyo?

Hyoyeon: Fine